Mumbai is a colorful mixture of people, thoughts, continuous honking, chaos, and whatnot. Life here is like a rollercoaster ride that will only take you higher and prepare you for the bigger picture in life. Here are 15 reasons why you would love Mumbai and should consider visiting the city sometime soon.
- Cutting-chai and Vada Pav: The city will provide you with scrumptious food joints but the favorite food of the residents of Mumbai is the Vada Pav which is available only in Mumbai. Top it off with a cutting chai and you’re ready to face the world.
- The Language: Mumbaikars have a language of their own, which is a mixture of several languages. Nowhere else will you find people using expressions like ‘tereko’, ‘apun’, ‘bhidu’, etc. The beauty of this mix-and-match language is beyond any explanation.
- Shopping: Update your wardrobe by shopping at extravagant designer shops or affordable street fashion. You will not regret buying anything from here!
- Art and Theatre: Mumbai has a rich taste in Art. You will find spurs of talents in Kala Ghoda. The city walls are often covered in paintings by NGOs. Theatre and Music are equally appreciated with performing at the NCPA being a dream for many.
- The City Never Sleeps: The city never closes, never fades. There’s always life around. For all you party people out there, Mumbai has an amazing nightlife to offer to you.
- Bollywood: The city is home to one of the largest and most diverse film industries in the world, Bollywood. Bollywood is incomplete without Mumbai and Mumbai is incomplete without Bollywood. This is where strugglers become stars. Don’t forget to grab a cup of coffee in Prithvi café or hang out at Carter’s for some celeb-spotting!
- Mumbai Monsoon: The most beautiful, and romantic part of Mumbai is its monsoon. Nothing will give you more joy than enjoying a hot cuppa by the window when it’s raining.
- Photogenic to the Core: Every corner, every face in Mumbai has a story. It’s a photographer’s canvas and an amateur’s Instagram.
- The Victorian-style Architecture: South Bombay, popularly known as SoBo, is adorned by a beautiful Gothic building, reminding us of Mumbai’s pre-independence past. There’s just so much to see! DONE
- The Seafront: When life gets too heavy in Mumbai, the sea comes to your rescue. Enjoy a serene evening at Marine Drives or some ice cream at the Juhu Chowpatty and you will know why Mumbaikars adore the seafronts.
- Local Trains – the Lifeline of Mumbai: It is impossible to imagine life in Mumbai without local trains. One ride in these trains is enough to help you understand the geography of Mumbai.
- Pink Flamingos: These beautiful birds visit Mumbai from Gujarat during winters. There are special bird-watching treks during that time of the year, dedicated to this pink-feathered creature.
- Mumbai Celebrates Everything: Be it Ganesh Chaturthi or Eid or Christmas, the people in Mumbai indulge and enjoy themselves without boundaries. The best example would be the 2011 World Cup victory, where everyone was on the roads, high-five-ing people they’ve never seen before. The gusto is unstoppable.
- Cultural Amalgamation: Mumbai is a fusion of innumerable cultures and languages. So what if you don’t know the regional language, you’ll still survive!
- Unity in Diversity: Mumbaikars stand by each other’s side, be it to celebrate a victory or offer help and support during calamities. People might argue over silly things every day but when in need, they bury their differences. Mumbaikars are sometimes loud yet humble! They will never cease to amaze you.
This is one city that will never disappoint you. You will always find little joys to get yourself going on. The people and the places will leave an impact on you, making you want to come back for more of Mumbai.
Mumbai: The City of Dreams.