Blackjack is one of the most popular games in land-based casinos, and it’s becoming equally, if not more, popular in online casinos. It’s undoubtedly a result of the game’s peculiarity and reward style. This game is based more on calculation and mathematics than chance, and that’s why enthusiasts believe every player must have a working strategy to increase the odds of winning in their favor.
If it’s your first time playing blackjack online, you must understand that the land-based version is very different from the online one. The tricks are different, and the tips to increase the odds of winning are also not the same.
While to many people, it appears all they need to do is to look for a gaming portal that allows them to play online blackjack, sign up with them and bet real money to start winning, it’s more than that. This article offers five easy tips that can help you win when playing the game online.
Easy Tips for Playing Blackjack Online
These expert-vetted tips will help you achieve success when playing blackjack online.
- Read the Rules
Casinos choose the software to use, and the rules for each play depend on the casino you are playing in. There are different incentives in casinos, and choosing the one that allows you to double down with every win is a crucial factor to consider.
Some casinos offer bonuses, and some just have better odds. Weigh the options with what you’ve set out to wager, and choose the one that would be most favorable to you.
- Don’t Count Cards
Card counting is a strategy as old as day in the game of blackjack, but more specifically, in land-based casinos. Online blackjacks use a random number generation, and trying to predict what card would come next is pointless. Instead of trying to influence what card you’ll get, focus on the cards as they come up, and work with a strategy.
- Memorize the Working Strategies
Different strategies are employed for playing blackjack online, and it’s necessary to memorize them. Focus on optimal strategies; some of which are:
- Know how much a card is worth. For example, Aces are worth one or eleven, and the Tens, Jacks, Queens, and Kings are worth 10.
- Choose games with the best winning odds. To identify such games, choose games with the rule that the dealer must stand on a soft 17. It allows you to increase your chances of beating the dealer’s hand whenever a soft 17 comes up.
- When you have an Ace, and the dealer has a six showing, double down. You can, however, decide against doubling down when you have a soft 20.
- Play splits: Once you have familiarized yourself with the variants of blackjack, remember to split when you have 8s and Aces if it allows splits.
- Choose to stand when you have a weak hand or the dealer has an upcard of 4, 5, or 6. Once you recognize that you are in a weak position, stand instead of forging ahead and doubling down.
- Keep Your Cheat Sheet Open
Some sites show the expected outcomes for any move you may choose to make, and studying the possible outcomes will help you decide whether or not to make it.
Doing this will bring you up to speed with the techniques of playing blackjack, and you may use it less and less with every cheat sheet viewed. Remember to keep the tab open alongside that of your game.
- Know When to Quit
This tip applies to every form of gambling, particularly in online blackjack. It’s often best to walk away with the money you won rather than wagering everything you have in hopes of making an even bigger win.
More often than not, it results in losses or a win not as impressive as the last. Essentially, knowing when to quit is a skill every online blackjack player must learn.
Online blackjack is a pretty interesting game, and it’s a veritable way to earn money while doing the very thing you enjoy. Focus on not overstretching yourself, don’t wager more than you can afford to lose, and don’t rush your process. May the odds be in your favor.