When you click through from our site to a retailer and buy a product, we may earn affiliate commissions. This helps support our work, but does not affect what we cover or how, and it does not affect the price you pay.
Are you wondering why and what to cook with an Instant Pot? Well, if you are, then you’re at the right place!
These Instant Pot recipes we will share with you today will save you from hunger and keep your pockets on busy nights.
If you have an Instant Pot, you might also know how helpful the electric pressure cooker is. It saves lots of effort, money, and most of your time while preparing your everyday dishes.
After tasting these instant pot recipes, these home-cooked meals will be one of your favourite recipes.
Here are some delicious instant pot recipes for people who curiously read food news and search for viral food trends. The possibilities are numerous with this Instant Pot cooking.
Why Instant Pot Recipes Are the Best?
1) Instant pot recipes taste the best. Magically, something happens in the instant pot, and it brings out delicious flavours. It cooks tender meat softly too. The instant pot makes the best recipes out there.
2) After folding in the ingredients inside the instant pot, you don’t need to stir or keep checking if the food is done or not. The food gets cooked, and you don’t need to do anything till the cooking time is finished.
3) If you try following good instant pot recipes and cooking, it will produce excellent results. No doubt that your dish will turn out perfect every time. You can cook instant pot recipes like soups, meal prep, or even for dinner.
Top Best Instant Pot Recipes
There are many delicious instant pot recipes to try and taste. And here are some of the easiest instant pot recipes.
Make sure you try all the wholesome meals, which are the best instant pot recipes!
1) Instant Pot Recipes- Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Preparation time: 14 minutes
Pressure time: 24 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
This delicious Instant Pot meal is an easy dish. This particular dish can be made using an instant pot, which takes only a few minutes to prepare the dish.
Aside from sautéing the peppers and onions, this recipe consumes a minimum of time. To save time, which is even more for preparation time, cut all the vegetables on the previous day and refrigerate them if you want. Try garnishing the dish as it gives more flavours.
- Olive oil/ vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons
- Onion (chopped)- 1 cup
- Bell pepper (chopped)- 3/4 cup
- Garlic (minced)- 1 tablespoon
- Chili powder- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Oregano (dried)- 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Bay leaf- 1
- Chicken (variety- stock)- 1 quart
- Tomatoes (diced & fire-roasted)- 2 cans (14.5-ounce)
- Black beans/ pinto beans (rinsed & drained)- 1 can (15-ounce)
- Corn kernels (frozen)- 1 1/2 cups
- Boneless chicken breasts- 1 1/2 pounds
- Lime juice- 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Cilantro, (chopped & garnish)- 1/4 cup
- Kosher salt- required amount
- Ground black pepper (freshly prepared)- required amount
- tortilla chips/ Tortilla strips (homemade) -8 ounces
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)- 1/4 cup
- Avocado (diced & optional)- 1
Procedure to make Chicken Tortilla Soup
1) Gather all the ingredients to prepare chicken tortilla soup.
2) Choose the Instant Pot to sauté button and add some oil. When it shows hot, add the following items: chopped onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
3) Put all the vegetables in the hot oil and sauté until the onion is soft, or roughly 3-4 minutes.
4) Now add the following ingredients: cayenne pepper, chilli powder, tomatoes, oregano, bay leaf, corn, cumin, beans, and chicken (variety- stock).
Don’t use the whole chicken. Because whole chicken might not be apt, instead use the meat thighs. Stir using a spoon and add frozen chicken breasts.
5) Adjust the lid and make sure to seal the valve properly. Keep the pressure cooker at high pressure, and fix the timer for up to 8 minutes.
When the time is over, let out the pressure naturally from the pressure cooker for nearly 10 minutes. Move the valve to the venting position and release the pressure that is remaining. Make sure you don’t use the multicooker.
6) The meat is perfectly tender after it’s cooked. Transfer the chicken to a platter, and using two forks, tear it.
7) Put the shredded thighs back in the pot and add some chopped cilantro and lime juice. You can taste the soup now and add pepper and salt to taste.
8) Garnish with tortilla chips/ strips.
While serving, garnish with tortilla strips or chips and serve along with lime wedges, shredded cheese, diced avocados, extra cilantro, or sour cream. It will be one of the best instant pot recipes ever made.
2) Instant Pot Recipes- Butter Chicken
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
This instant pot chicken is probably the most delicious and loved dish among the instant pot recipes by many Indians.
It is a rich combination of cream, butter, tomato, and spices that makes a famous sauce worldwide. The variety of rich spices consists of coriander, cumin, and garam masala. Ginger and garlic add much more flavour to the dish.
You can add cream and butter while finishing the dish, thereby giving a signature texture.
Most of the butter chicken recipes start by marinating the meat with spice and yoghurt. But the use of the pressure-cook requires a minimal amount of preparation time.
In this dish, the thighs of the chicken, which are boneless, are used because of their tenderness. And you can also use the meat breasts that are boneless in making this dish. This one may seem slightly similar to instant pot mac and cheese, but it’s not.
Well, you can serve this delicious instant pot recipe with naan bread or white/ brown rice. The brown/ white rice is a healthy side dish among your favourite meals.
- Ghee- 6 tablespoons
- Onion (chopped)- 1 large
- Garlic (minced)- 4 cloves
- Ginger (minced)- 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala- 1 tablespoon
- Ground turmeric- 1 teaspoon
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt- 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cumin- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Chicken stock (low-sodium)- 1/3 cup
- Diced tomatoes (with juices)- 2 cans (14.5-ounce)
- Boneless chicken thighs- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- Tomato paste- 4 tablespoons
- Heavy cream- 2/3 cup
- Honey- 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Rice (for serving)- 1 cup
Procedure to make Chicken
1) Gather all the ingredients to recipes instant pot chicken.
2) Add 3 tablespoons of ghee/ butter to the Instant Pot. And set it to the sauté setting. Then add the onions while the fat remains hot. Keep stirring again and again till the onion becomes soft. You can add ginger and garlic. Again, cook for another 1 minute.
3) While cooking, cancel the sauté-setting. Add turmeric, garam masala, kosher salt, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and coriander. Cook again for 1 minute after adding them.
4) The frozen state of the meat is melted down. If it’s fresh, you can use it as such. You can fold the chicken (variety- stock) and then add the tomatoes. Lay the meat, which is boneless, on the tomato layers. Just lay the meat, don’t stir it.
5) Lock the pressure cooker’s lid and towards the sealing position, turn the knob. Set the manual setting in high pressure for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, let out the pressure for 15 minutes naturally. After cautiously letting the remaining pressure out, just removed the lid from the Instant Pot.
6) Take the thighs out to a chopping board when it has the perfect texture. Set it aside.
7) Using an immersion blender, you need to purée the made sauce. You can add tomato paste to it and set the Instant pot on sauté setting (low).
Cook the dish till the gravy thickens as needed, or for 3 to 5 minutes. Put 3 tablespoons of butter/ ghee. Also, add cream if you want in the remaining sauce.
8) Chop the chicken thighs into pieces and add them to the instant pot. Cook till everything in the instant pot becomes hot. Taste the dish and add honey, only if you want. Add half chopped cilantro and stir.
The cooking is done, and you can now serve the instant pot chicken with some hot rice cooked from the rice cooker and garnish it with the rest of the cilantro. You can also cook the brown/ white rice with hard-boiled eggs at the same time.
This instant pot butter chicken tastes delicious and is flavorful, and this hearty meal is prepared within just 30 minutes. But the recipe is not gluten-free. You must try this new recipe to make your whole family happy!
3) Instant pot recipes- Pork Chops and Potatoes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Pressure build & Release- 20 minutes
Total time: 48 minutes
This easy meal can be prepared with an instant pot pressure cooker. Certainly, this dish is comfort food.
This instant pot recipe is made with a pressure cooker and ingredients like herbs and garlic seasoning on the pork chops with perfectly cooked potatoes for a flavorful dish.
Add salad or veggies for a delicious family meal that is easy to make and for everyone to crave much of it.
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Boneless pork chops- 4 (thickness- 1 to 1 1/2-inches)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper (divided)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder (divided)- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt (divided)- 1 teaspoon
- Onion (chopped)- 1 cup
- Chicken broth (low-sodium)- 1 1/2 cups
- Mashed potatoes (chop into1 1/2-inch pieces)- 1 1/2 pounds
- Rosemary (chopped/ 1/2 teaspoon dried)- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Thyme leaves- 1 teaspoon or Dried thyme- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chives- 1 teaspoon chopped- optional
- Cornstarch (optional)- 2 tablespoons
- Fresh chopped chives/ parsley (garnish)
Procedure to make Pork Chops and Potatoes
1) Gather all the ingredients to prepare the pork chops and potatoes recipe.
2) Put the sauté setting to normal on the Instant Pot and add some olive oil to it. When the display shows “hot,” coat the cooking pork chops with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, paprika, half of the kosher salt, and half of the pepper.
The pork chops must be cooked for 3 minutes on both sides. If the pork chops are big, you can sear the chops in 2 batches. Transfer the pork chops to a plate. Set it aside.
3) Fold the chopped onions into the instant pot. Cook for 2 minutes and add chicken broth to it. Stir well to release browned bits if it’s there.
4) Slowly again, add the pork chops to the instant pot.
5) On top of pork chops, place the steaming basket and add the chopped/ mashed potatoes. Toss them gently and add some garlic powder with rosemary, the leftover black pepper, chives (if you want), remaining kosher salt, and thyme.
6) Close the instant pot lid and check if the valve is in the sealing position. Set the timer for 5 minutes on the pressure cooker.
Don’t use a slow cooker. Let the pressure from the pressure cooker come out naturally for about 10 minutes. Then the valve must be moved to a venting position to leave the remaining pressure.
7) The mashed potatoes and chops are taken to a warm plate.
8) You can make sauce from the leftover liquid. Click the saute setting and combine 2 tablespoons of cold water with cornstarch. Stir it smoothly. Gradually keep adding the cornstarch and continue stirring till it thickens.
9) The gravy is spooned over the pork chops. Garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
10) You can add some veggies/ salad with this dish. Indeed this dish is comfort food.
Enjoy your yummy easy instant pot recipes. This pork chops and potato with some veggies will make your mouth water!
4) Instant Pot Recipes- Instant Pot Sticky Pork Lettuce Wraps
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
This particular dish is an easy instant pot recipe that needs only a few ingredients to turn it yummy!
Preparing pickled onion:
- Rice vinegar- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 2 tablespoon
- Kosher salt- 1 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes- Pinch
- Red onion (halved & thinly sliced)- 1 small
This instant pot pork need only a few ingredients to turn it yummy!
Preparing Pork and the sauce:
- Light brown sugar (packed)- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Ground ginger- 2 teaspoon
- Spice powder- 2 teaspoon
- Kosher salt- 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard powder- 1 teaspoon
- Boneless pork shoulder (cut into three pieces)- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Chicken broth (low-sodium)- 2/3 cup
- Hoisin sauce- 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce- 1/4 cup
- Rice vinegar- 3 tablespoon
- Thai sweet chilli sauce- 2 tablespoons
- Sriracha- 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch- 1 tablespoon
- Lettuce leaves, sliced scallions, and toasted sesame seeds- while serving
Procedure to make Sticky Pork Lettuce Wraps
For preparing the pickled onion:
1) Gather the required ingredients like sugar, rice vinegar, red pepper (flakes), and salt.
2) You also need to take 1/2 cup of boiled water in a saucepan.
3) In a heatproof container, put the onion and over it pour the vinegar mixture.
4) Cover the container and refrigerate it till it’s ready to serve.
For preparing the pork:
1) Add all these ingredients to a large bowl: sugar (the brown one), spice powder, pepper, mustard powder, and salt.
2) Add the pork while it’s turning to coat in a rub.
3) Add olive oil next to an instant pot. Set to saute.
4) When it’s hot, add the pork and let it brown for 2 minutes on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
5) Then, you can add the broth to the pot. The browned bits must be scraped up from the bottom as well.
6) Whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and chilli sauce. Then return the pork to the instant pot.
1) Lock the instant pot’s lid and make sure the value of the steam is in the sealing position.
2) The pressure cook is set for 45 minutes.
3) Release the pressure naturally from the pressure cooker for nearly 10 minutes after the time gets over. Then cautiously shift the valve to the position of venting to release the excess pressure.
4) Turn off the instant pot and open the lid. Shift the pork to a sheet used for baking. Shred the pork using 2 forks.
5) Place the pot in saute mode and stir in the leftover 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
6) Take 3 tablespoons of the liquid to a bowl from the instant pot. Whisk the juice with cornstarch.
7) Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and start cooking.
8) Stir till the sauce becomes thick. In about 10 minutes, add some salt.
9) Put the pork dish in the instant pot and keep stirring. Take the dish from the inner pot too.
10) You can serve topped with sesame seeds, scallions, or pickled onion—this delicious dish with lettuce leaves.
This is one of the easiest instant pot recipes that you can try at home at any time.
So, don’t just scroll down. Try these delicious recipes. Share with everyone you know.
Because instant pot recipes are great and easy to make, it is a slow cooking process depending on what you are cooking with.
Anyways, if you need more instant pot recipes like instant pot beef recipe or Mississippi pot roast, you can click here. These recipes will turn out amazing too and is always a healthy dose of ingredients.