Insomnia: A crazy thing that turns our world upside down. We human beings who lead the most productive life need time to relax and have a good night’s sleep. Worrying has become such a major part of our life that we now give the least importance to sleep. This, in turn, deteriorates our health and takes a troll over us completely.
Insomnia has become crazily known to everyone, especially the teens these days. However, diagnosis is needed before prevention. Insomnia is of two types, either acute or chronic. Acute insomnia, according to the National Sleep Foundation, often occurs due to life events. It’s the kind of inability to fall asleep due to various reasons that differ from one person to another. On the other hand, chronic insomnia is defined as disrupted sleep on three or more nights a week for a period of at least three months.
Being an insomniac is the toughest thing to deal with these days because we have to control the mind & calm ourselves. Somehow by opinions growing around and thoughts overwhelming us, we can’t lose our mind, even hypothetically for a moment.
If written poetically.
When the world is asleep, Our life awakens.
We try to sedate our mind, Yet it whirls like a storm by unexplained and endless thoughts.
We think of every possible problem in the world, starting from fixing our bathroom to saving the World as if we are the only person left to care about it, think and find a solution but by the next morning, most of the people don’t even remember what they thought about.
Insomniacs get accustomed to the sleepless nights so much that they totally forget how to fall asleep with no effort, not to mention those black carry bags beneath their eyes, and when they do get sleep once in a blue moon, they feel like they had hit the jackpot.
They think about why they think too much about things they are not supposed to think about and how much thinking will affect them, eventually making themselves over thinkers. They don’t have a pause button. They develop all kinds of guilt about what they didn’t do right because they believe that regret, depression, and self-loathing soothes them to sleep.
As the world is suffering from Insomnia, few form a moronic misinterpretation of tagging themselves as such, where it is their clear inability to stay away from the Internet.
Insomniac also fetches you more time. It unleashes your talent from within and gets out your passion and creative side. Let it be in art, being a nerd, or a great writer, and you have a lot to do with the time it gives you. Here are a few famous people who suffered Insomnia, yet nothing could stop them from becoming who they were supposed to be or stop them from achieving the things that were meant for them.
- Arianna Huffington, blogger, and commentator
- Vincent Van Gogh, painter
- Marilyn Monroe, actress
- Madonna, singer
- Napoleon, Politician, Military Officer
- Abraham Lincoln, Statesman, Politician, Lawyer
- William Shakespeare, English poet
They say a Genius never sleeps.
Well, jokes apart, Insomnia is a serious problem, and it’s time to hunt it down and free ourselves from it.
Some serious symptoms of Insomnia are
- Difficulty falling asleep, paying attention, focusing on tasks, or remembering
- Interrupted sleep, Light sleep
- Poor quality of sleep – not refreshed after sleeping
- Irritability, Depression, and Anxiety
Remedies to get over Insomnia gradually are
- Drink Tart cherry juice
- Make your bedroom a bedroom and not your study room or entertainment room. Please make sure all your gadgets are out of your reach so that it is not the last thing to worry about before you sleep and not the first important thing after you wake up. Replace it with “Your time without anything, anyone.. just you and your Peace of mind.”
- Exercise regularly, and you will sleep better.
- Take a warm bath 30 minutes before bedtime. Follow it up with a warm glass of milk or water.
These are the foods to take and avoid and the best type of tea to help you sleep.
One of the reasons for insomnia is a lack of magnesium. To refill that in your body, one can take foods which has rich magnesium content.
- Last but not least, watch your breath or listen to opera. That will bore you to death and help you to fall asleep 😛 😉
Insomnia is not as bad as it seems. All you need to do is know how to take care of your mind and develop habits just in equal proportions. As you make this routine a habit, you will no longer be an Insomniac no matter how much fun it is because, at the end of the day, Sleep makes people calmer and more alert.
Author bio :
Studied B.tech in ME 2013.
Customer service Manager at ICICI Lombard GIC
Ipulse editor for office magazine
Writing is my passion and motivation as it inspires my own soul and others. . Poet by heart. Blogger & avid reader. Woman with Wanderlust.