“Coloring your hair at home is a trend going super fast.” Each and everyone loves dense, shiny, and lustrous hair at home while giving them a coloring effect. And that is why we have come up with an answer to how to bleach your hair blonde all over at home.
Whenever you think about how to get parlor-like glow or makeup at home, the question nowadays is why not get bleaching your hair done at home too? Many questions here will help you to get your hair colored; with some guidance, you can get to this point. Whether the questions will be to threaten you or to boost your desire; in both cases, you will get the best of you.
- Always go for a strand or patch test to avoid the allergy or any type of scalp damage.
- Make sure to have and use the toner as a post-treatment product.
- Look for your own hair texture and scalp health before going for a full hair transformation.
2. Questions Before Application
There will always be a doubt in your mind about whether you should get your hair colored or it will be riskier for them.
Why bleach at all? This question is also raised many times. The answer to this is that you want to give yourself a new look, to give a new look to the beauty of your hair, so bleaching is the first step towards it otherwise, the color would fade away easily. So, keep in mind that planning and proper information will take you to a safer place.
So, a few questions will retain your confidence for a new look.
2.1 Are Your Hair Ready?
You have to ask your hair if it is ready for a new evolution. If yes then only give a new look to your hair.
If your hair is very dry, frizzy, or split-ended then please do not agree to the bleaching process completely. In this, you can wait to consult a hair stylist or a specialist and carry out the strand test.
And if your hair is strong, thick, and healthy, then you can take your hair from bleach to blonde by following the instructions without any worries.
2.2 What is Your Hair Type?
Your hair might be looking fine and very beautiful externally but your scalp seems very dry and tired. In this case, the bleaching process should wait and be understood after taking some time so that your hair does not get damaged.
Know your hair type because hydrated hair is going to tolerate the effects happening around but dry hair would not be able to even recognize the change and will get the pain after. So, be ready properly and go for the process.
2.3 Will the Split Ends Never End After Coloring?
Yes, there can be high chances for split ends to grow the population if you do not try to analyze your own hair type and hair health. If hair health is good and you follow the instructions properly then no need to worry about the after-split ends. (We will provide the post-treatment details also.)
2.4 Will There Be More Hair Fall?
Look, whether your hair is processed hair or unprocessed hair, there will be a kind of visible hair fall but it will be a reaction to your action of renewing your hair look. So, if proper consultation with a hair stylist or professional colorist is done then, even the visible hair fall would be managed.
3. Keep in Mind
- It can damage your scalp if instructions are not followed.
- You might have to anticipate the results.
- It might go wrong in the first attempt if taken casually.
Try not to rush and gather all the things that would be needed before going for the bleaching process.
4.1 Hair Bleach
It will be of your choice depending upon how much blonde shade you would prefer.
4.2 Old T-shirt or Old Towel
To avoid color spreads because it would be hard to get rid of if catches anything.
4.3 Shower Cap
It is a must because you will not want to color only your hair, not your head or face.
The bleaching hair dye process or blonder hair coloring process is effective towards their claim so, you have to use gloves so that, no color particles would damage your own hands, directly.
4.5 Hair Clips
These are required to fix your shower cap or hair strands that would be disturbing in the bleaching process.
Whether it is pre-treatment or post-treatment, shampoo must be sulfate-free to avoid serious damage to your hair health.
4.7 Toner and Moisturizer
Toning your colored hair is very important to remove the yellow-orange tings or brassy tones if left after bleaching your hair with the blonde process.
4.8 Tint Brush
You can also use a tint brush for proper application without any reasonable left out.
5. Hair Condition for Bleaching
When you finally decide and approach the process, you have to understand that your hair must be clean and dry. No chemicals or styling products affect virgin hair that will take you through this process. The hair should have just natural scalp oil without any external applications.
6. Things You Should Know
The things that are going to be used in your bleaching process especially the products are shown below to have a clear idea about implementing the process.
If your hair is lighter shade then use only 20 to 30 volumes of developer but if your hair is dark colored then you have to use around 40volume developer because there will be a strong quantity of developer to bleach the dark and wash your dark hair.
Whenever it comes to the bleaching process your hair, you have to be time-bound because even 5 minutes extra can change your hair color even lighter than blonde or platinum blonde hair. So kindly check again and again to access the bleach sitting process.
You have to be careful about products being used after the bleaching treatment because normal shampoo can destroy your colored hair. As post-treatment, use toner and moisturizer for good health of your hair.
7. Products Need to be Bought
- Bleach Powder (The main ingredient that would bleach your natural color and give you a blonde and attractive look.)
- Developer (If lighter hair then go for 20 volume shade but if darker air then choose 40 volume strength shade.)
- Toner (To give you a proper desired blonde or platinum blonde after the bleaching process.)
- Purple shampoo (Specially designed for colored or bleached hair to make them hydrated for protection.)
- Always follow the best post-treatment like using sulfate-free purple shampoo to avoid deterioration of your hair health.
- If your hair is too fine then kindly look for only root touch-up or strand makeover to save your hair from full background damage change.
- The timer would be there during the bleaching process for sure to get rid of the chances of your hair getting lighter and yellow.
- Try to choose a platinum blonde shade if you want to get your hair bleached blonde without any confusion about getting a yellow or orange tinge.
- Wet hair would not be a suitable option for the bleaching process.
- Choose the right kind of developer to protect your scalp from being damaged.
9. How to Bleach Your Hair Blonde at Home
We all want home service sometimes and even want to go ahead with the process on our own and that must be a careful and attentive one. For that, we already have cleared your mind from all the doubts that can come up.
Here is the process of bleaching the hair blonde.
9.1 Make the Bleach Mixture
Use bleach powder and develop as 1:1 ratio and make the solution like gravy not so saucy not so thick. This bleach powder solution will make dark hair look like a blue or bluish color but you do not have to worry because it will bleach your black hair. Just follow the instructions mentioned in the packets.
9.2 Apply the Mixture
Use the gloves now for applying the solution. Remember the application must be from the ends to the roots to protect the scalp and hair cuticles. Try not to use it avoid hot roots or just near the scalp because bleach can harm your hair shaft, scalp, roots, and hair cuticles so much if not used with caution that hair fall could be faced.
You have to listen to your hair color. If your hair is lighter, it is okay to use the solution simultaneously on roots too but if your hair is darker in color, kindly wait for 20 minutes at least to settle the process at the ends.
9.3 Cover Your Hair
It is very important to cover your hair after the application of bleach solution because, unlike any other hair mask, conditioner, or remedy, this bleach solution has to be kept isolated from the external invasion of particles from the air to prevent the reactions.
You can use a full plastic bag to wrap if it is comfortable to do. Otherwise, use a shower cap or old towel to cover up. Cover it only for 40 to 45 minutes maximum.
9.4 Keep Checking
Turn on the timer and keep checking the status of your application. The 10-minute timer would be good and check consistently.
If you want to check the intensity of bleaching then go for a water spray on a particular area and wipe that off to see whether it goes lighter or not. If it does not go lighter then use the solution again on that area and repeat the check and balance cycle.
9.5 Rinse off
After 40 to 45 minutes, rinse and wash the color off while wearing the old t-shirt. Try to rinse the color and do not bleach or use shampoo at least for a few weeks. 24 to 48 hours.
9.6 Get the Hair Air-Dried
Let the hair air-dried because you’re not supposed to use any chemicals or styling products or blow dryer just after the bleaching process.
9.7 Toning Your Hair
Toning is one of the essential parts that cannot be skipped because it is used to prevent your hair from getting brassy tones or a yellow-orange tinge. If you want a much lighter blonde shade then sunlight would be good lighting and able to do that.
- Mixture (1 part toner and 2 parts developer that would give blue colored solution again.)
- Application (Just after rinsing off the bleach solution, apply the toning solution to get rid of the yellow tinge.)
- Timer (30 minutes would be sufficient to see the results.)
- Rinse (Rinse well with cold water but do not forget to shampoo if you are using the toner because the toner’s effect would be critical after.)
- Condition (You have to use conditioner or moisturizer to hydrate your hair and balance the pH of the hair’s health.)
10. Post-Treatment Cautions
- Use purple shampoo or Sulfate-free shampoo to maintain the colored hair’s health.
- Use hydrated products after the treatment so that dryness can leave your path.
- Try not to use the styling and chemically treated products frequently.
- Use the right kind of serum for pH balance.
11. Natural Ways to Bleach Hair Blonde
Here are a few methods to lighten and bleach your hair blonde naturally at home with no side effects to your hair health.
- Mix up lemon juice with conditioner (because of the acidic nature, use it cautiously.)
- Use a saltwater solution (sunlight protection for your colored or bleached hair.)
- Use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water
- A mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (a natural way to lighten your hair shade)
- Cinnamon and Honey mask (Hydration provider for your hair)
Hair always enhances one’s personality. That is why maintaining the beauty of hair is both important and trendy. It has become common to have colored hair according to the trend.
But sometimes going to the parlor does not seem suitable and we think of the idea of bleaching our own hair hair or coloring sitting own hair at home. Because of this, this article will help you to fulfill your desire to have bleached blonde hair with precautions and particular steps to change even your light brown hair to blonde hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can the bleaching process be done at home?
Yes, the bleaching process can be done at home with proper mentioned steps and precautions. Purchase any bleaching powder of your choice and developer according to hair texture along with a toner to protect the hair after the treatment.
Q2. Will it be riskier for scalp health?
Yes, it might be riskier but appropriate hydrating products can save your scalp life.
Q3. What about the hair fall risk after?
There might be hair fall to some extent because of applying the chemicals to hair but again appropriate post-treatment products will save your hair health.
Q4. How to avoid yellow tinge?
To avoid the yellow-orange tinge or brassy tones, the toner application just after the bleaching wash process is considered a necessary step being taken.
Q5. Can the split ends be more after?
No, it is not true completely because if your hair becomes too dry after the bleaching process only when there will be split ends number enhancement.