A flat stomach is something every man craves for. Many strive hard to achieve it. Male tummy tuck surgery as it is commonly known is performed to remove excess skin around the tummy. It is performed to tighten the weak abdominal muscles. It helps to create a masculine profile that is more defined.
The procedure is called Male abdominoplasty. Here is a complete guide to know everything about abdominoplasty.
You will find Dr Roxy reviews on internet that will help you understand the concept in detail.
Is Tummy Tuck A Weight Loss Procedure?
Abdominoplasty is not a weight loss procedure. It is a contouring procedure. Many might have reduced their weight through weight loss and diet programs. Some women who gave birth might have developed stretch marks and loose skin. The procedure is for them too. It is to remove the excess skin and loose fat that cannot be removed by fitness exercise.
How Is The Procedure Performed?
A cut is made under the abdomen. Through the cut, the unwanted tissues are removed. The remaining skin is brought closer to give it a firm look. It changes the sagging tissues as a result of weight loss, pregnancy or aging into a thinner toned skin.
Who Should Opt For A Tummy Tuck Surgery?
The following persons should consider Abdominoplasty
- Loose skin on the abdomen due to surgery, pregnancy, weight loss, aging
- It is not the procedure for obese people.
- It is well suited for slender people with stable weight
- One should be in good health
- It is used to remove stretch marks
Types Of Abdominoplasty
Consult the doctor which type of abdominoplasty suits the best before undoing the procedure. Here are some of the different types of abdominoplasty
- Mini Abdominoplasty
- Incision is made on the pubic area as low as possible.
- Through the incision the excess skin is removed.
- Muscles are tightened.
- Liposuction is used to remove the fat tissues around the abdomen
- It is ideal for candidates with protrusion below the navel.
- Mini Abdominoplasty
- Extended Abdominoplasty
- It is also called High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty
- It is used to remove the excess skin and tissues in love handles, hips
- Incisions made in this procedure are longer.
- It is ideal for persons who have undergone weight loss.
- It addresses excess skin after pregnancy
- The tummy tuck is performed in front of the abdomen and the lift is done over the hip. It improves the hip and thigh. The skin pulling is like grabbing the skin and pulling like a pair of pants
- The scar size depends on the type of abdominoplasty.
- Usually the scar is formed just below the belly button
One should research well before choosing the surgeon. The surgeon should be well reputed. He should have a good history of success with the procedure. Only such surgeons are likely to choose the right kind of procedure for the right candidate. Read dr roxy reviews to learn more.
Click here to read such interesting articles.