Indians are shy when it comes to discussing sexual problems with a doctor. Not talking about a sexual problem will not resolve it. Slowly, people are becoming more open to the idea of reaching out to doctors in case of any sexual issue. Sexual problems can be treated in many ways. Some might get treated by medication, while others might need surgery.
The patient should be honest and clear about the problems he or she is facing. There are different types of sexual problems that a patient can face. Some of these are physical issues, psychological problems, and STDs. Living a healthy lifestyle and being open about such issues in your relationship will help you in tackling these issues. Let’s understand the sexual diseases in detail.
Physical sexual problems
Physical sexual dysfunction is caused by many underlying health issues like cardiovascular diseases, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, neurological disorders, etc. Some medications can also cause physical sexual problems as a side effect.
Sexual issues faced by men are:
- Ejaculation disorder: In this disorder a man ejaculates before or just after penetration. This is the most common sexual problem in Indian men. Biological and psychological factors can cause premature ejaculation. It is a treatable condition. Sexual techniques, medication, and counseling can help improve your sexual life.
- Retrograde ejaculation: In this sexual disorder the semen goes back into the bladder through the urethra instead of being released outside. A physical exam of the penis and testicles can help in catching this problem. In some cases, there can be a problem with semen production. To validate that tests can be done by your doctor.
- Retarded ejaculation: It is the least common sexual disorder in men. This sexual problem prolongs the release of semen during intercourse. Even though men are able to retain an erection for longer durations, the sexual arousal is at its lowest. Sex therapy can help in curing this sexual disorder.
- Erectile dysfunction: In this disorder, a man is unable to achieve and maintain an erection for longer durations to have satisfying sexual intercourse. It can be caused due to low blood circulation, performance anxiety, nerve disorders, depression, or a chronic illness. Living a healthy lifestyle can prevent erectile dysfunction. Avoid smoking, exercise regularly and consult your doctor if the problem persists.
Sexual issues faced by women are:
- Anorgasmia: In this disorder a woman is unable to orgasm. The absence of an orgasm can spoil the sexual experience. Factors like anxiety, guilt, low libido, etc. can cause anorgasmia in women. Consult your doctor and take medication or sexual therapy to resolve this issue.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse can happen due to lack of lubrication, SD, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, or other infections. You can try water-based lubricants to remove dryness in the vagina. If it is due to menopause, then you can try estrogen creams or other prescription drugs. Don’t take any prescription without consultation.
- Vaginismus: In this condition, the muscles around the vagina spasm painfully. This happens mostly because of traumatic experiences or sexual phobia.
Psychological sexual problems
Sometimes the couples might not want to get intimate as they are not in the mood. This can be caused because of a low libido which happens due to psychological problems. Stress, relationship issues, anxiety, depression, etc. are some of the reasons that can cause this problem.
In some cases, hormonal imbalance, diabetes, heart disease, and medication side effects can also trigger this problem. This problem can damage your relationship and eventually, you both might want to part your ways. Having a low libido is a common sexual disorder and can be treated with therapy. You and your partner will have to put some time and effort to solve this sexual problem.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases are very common in Indians and can happen to both men and women. If you have multiple sexual partners, then you might be at a greater risk of getting one. Chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea, etc. are some of the common STDs. AIDs is a critical STD that can spread through the exchange of fluids. Follow safe sex practices to prevent getting an STD.
Now that you have a better understanding of the sexual diseases, you must be watchful about these issues. If you see any sign of a sexual disorder, consult your doctor, and take proper medication. Make sure to visit a sex doctor in your local area. If you are a resident of Indore, make sure you visit the best sexologist in Indore. This will ensure a more convenient and fruitful sex therapy for your healthy sex life.