2020 has been particularly tough on the fitness industry. It has pushed people to work out in their neighborhood gyms and fitness centers to make their homes the new fitness center. It has also pushed the numbers of social media users exponentially. The fitness industry is pivoting by taking online classes, engaging with people on Facebook Live, and sharing health and fitness tips on social media. Click here for more ideas.
As the fitness industry goes through a considerable shift, the new marketing platform has become social media. This article shares impactful social media marketing tips that will help your fitness business grow in 2020.
Generate relevant and valuable video content
The past several months of 2020 have taught us a lot of things. If there’s one lesson you can take from this situation as marketers – it is that people are always on the lookout for enjoyable, engaging, and enriching content.
As a marketer in the fitness business, there is no better time than now to make the full use of video content — It is what the people want; it’s enjoyable, engaging, and enriching. In 2019 alone, people watched an excess of 1 billion hours of video alone. This includes recorded video, live-streamed content, fiction videos, reviews, and short videos.
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are frequently pushing video content like Facebook Watch, IGTV, and more in volume.
- Valuable video content that is useful and connects with your target audience who share similar likes and interests is more likely to generate traffic to your page, website, or channel.
- The social media’s algorithms are very much in favor of video content, so leverage it.
- Videos are advantageous; people can see who you are, what your brand is about, what are your products and services before deciding – having videos can positively influence your customers’ decision-making process.
- Creating educational, fun, customer-centric videos appeals to most customers seeking fitness services.
- There isn’t a better way to showcase your fitness business’s value and effectiveness than to present it visually, and customers can see the action from any part of the globe.
- Videos also help them learn the correct way of exercising, workout, and routines.
People want to see good content before they join your gym. Educational, engaging, customer-centric content appeals to most people seeking fitness services. Fitness brands create video content all the time. There isn’t any better yet to show the value and effectiveness of fitness than to present it visually, and YouTube is the best medium for that.
Advertise your posts
Fitness businesses can use social media ads & promoted posts to increase visibility, engagement, traffic, and revenue.
To accelerate your social media marketing efforts, it is advisable to explore paid advertising. Paid promotions effectively and specifically reach your ideal target audience, which isn’t feasible through organic promotion. A focused messaging with a fixed budget can help your brand reach a great number of audiences of different age groups and interests in your existing customer base and potential audience base using engaging posts.
Paid promotions also help you understand what works and what doesn’t. Use insight to optimize your social media campaign to best suit your budget, time, and effort.
Collaborate with influencers
One of the most beneficial things of working and marketing on social media is that you get to work with influencers who have millions of following or upcoming influencers who can work with you to increase your brand awareness.
Social media is a tool to build trust, transparency, and engagement. If you are new to social media marketing, then it’s useful to know that influencers are essentially the backbone of social media marketing.
Advantages of having influencers promote your brand:
- An excellent way to reach new customers interested in your business, on a more personal level, is to work with Influencers who represent that niche.
- For instance, you might be a fitness business whose niche is meditation, yoga, and fitness.
- Collaborating with influencers in the segment of meditation or yoga will help you promote your fitness centers more organically and directly.
- When you collaborate with an established influencer, you are tapping into their existing audience but in a more trustworthy manner and are exposing your business to a potential audience who might not be aware of you.
One of the recent trends in social media marketing is tying up with Nano-influencers who have a small but loyal group of followers. Social media marketing and influencer marketing are two sides of the same coin. You can hardly find the level of authenticity you get with influencer marketing anywhere online, so consider it to build trust for your fitness business.
Leverage user-generated content
The vast amount of content generated online is humongous. However, user-generated content is one of the best tools to increase your marketing efforts and increase social shares. Fitness is about engaging with people online and understanding what they want. When considering your social marketing strategy, always include user-generated content.
User-generated content has become increasingly real, snackable, and shareable. It reflects how your brand engages with its customers and provides a genuine reflection of what your product or service will be in reality.
User-generated content is relatable and connects deeply with users on social media. For example, a time-lapse video of one of your customers who lost weight using your products and services over time can become the next viral sensation.
Some Examples of user-generated content are video testimonials, workout videos, transformational photos, how-to videos, and special content that comes directly from your users.
Leveraging user-generated content for fitness marketing is an untapped area that you should readily consider. You can know more about this.
Build a great website/landing page
By itself, social media is a great tool to take your messaging and brand awareness to millions of people online, but your fitness business should live there. You should redirect it to a website or landing page so that when your target audience sees the social media post, we can go to a website and check out your products and services.
A lot of marketers don’t think deeply about building a great website when doing social media marketing. To remain in sync with customer preferences, you have to update your website regularly.
An attractive website is also a great marketing tool that can bring back your customers again and again and generate more sales leads.
Fitness businesses rely on a great reputation, and a website adds to that. In the case of COVID-19 related instances, keep your business and website regularly updated so that any customer who comes there doesn’t return empty-handed.
Social media is perhaps one of the greatest innovations of the 21st century. While many people use social media for entertaining and personal content, it is a great platform for marketing, brand awareness, and reaching the right target audience. Leading fitness brands of the world are increasingly relying on social media to understand customers, reach new ones, and engage with their existing ones. The social media marketing tips listed above grow your business, and with more and more people joining social media because of the pandemic, engagement rates have gone up exponentially.
Social media is a one-stop pleasure to connect with customers, understand their needs, reach more people, and effectively grow your marketing. This is the best time for you to grow your fitness business on social media and position your brand as one of the leading fitness brands in your country, if not the world.