Wedding season fills me with so much joy and excitement, and I am sure it is the same for all of you. Wedding seasons mean we have to get ready for 5 functions- Mehendi, Sangeet, Phere, Reception, and Vidaai. You would want to look your most beautiful self for this wedding season, and that’s why here are some tips and tricks for you to rock this wedding season.
- First, let’s talk about clothes. Whenever it comes to clothes, we think that buying expensive, highly embroidered clothes like sarees and salwar suits is a must. NO! You don’t need to go for expensive ones all the time, nor do you need to look loud and overdressed. Instead, open your mother’s magical wardrobe and grab her Benarasi silk or cotton sari. Team it with a sleeveless blouse. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing sleeveless, wear a half-length simple one-colored blouse. You will look amazing.
- Accessorize it with a red bindi or any color that suits you; keep the anchal open or pleated (as you like it).
- Tie up a bun if you have thick-long hair. But for those who have thin but long hair, keep them open and allow the wind to do the work.
- Now, the most crucial part, jewelry. You don’t need to wear your entire jewelry box whenever there is a wedding or reception or any such occasion. Being simple yet elegant is the ultimate guide to look bong-chic. Team your Benarasi with a not so long gold studded earrings. You can customize it with long single necklaces or a mob chain if you wish to. Wear a Kolapuri(with or without heels) or simple heel sandals to complement the look.
- Suppose you are not comfortable with sarees, no issues. You can also go for long pastel or single-colored anarkalis, or you can also opt for long Kurtis.
Now that your dresses are sorted out let’s move to another important thing. The Gifts
Well, these days “no gifts” is the new trend. People are strictly mentioning “NO GIFTS PLEASE” in their wedding cards. But it’s really awkward to go to the occasion empty-handed, so what can you take along?
- If the couple is your best friend or somebody close like your family member, gift them a self-made scrapbook filled with their pictures. I am sure everybody does these PRE-WEDDING shoots; download some of that from their Facebook accounts. Make an album of 32 or 25 photos and send it to their address or gift it all by yourself along with a beautiful bouquet. You can also order a book from zoomin.com.
- They have a beautiful collection of artificial flowers. Make it look sweet and memorable by signing a note along with your photograph. You can also go for a customized artificial flower bouquet, which they can keep with themselves for a lifetime. You can order this on Sajaawat.
So, these were some tips and tricks to rock the Wedding Season 2016. If you have any more unique and trendy ideas, feel free to share them with us. Use #wedding2016_icytales and share your creative thoughts with us.
Originally posted 2016-03-10 21:26:26.