People of Chicago, it is time to enjoy a unique blindfolded dining experience at the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile in Chicago’s 20 East Chestnut Street. Various dates are available in June 2023 at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and you can select the date and time as per your preferences during the ticket purchase from Fever.
So get ready to surprise your partner or family with this unique and interactive dining experience in Chicago.
Let us dive into all the details of this mysterious dining experience.
1. Dinning while Blindfolded?
Yes, you saw it right! Based on the studies, 80% of populists eat with their eyes open.
However, if you take your eyes out of the equation, automatically your other senses like taste and smell take over and also take your meal to an entirely different level.
2. A Short Guide For Dining in the Dark
2.1. Before Dining
To dine in the dark, the staff of the restaurant will explain the whole idea of your meal. They may ask you about any dietary allergies that you may have. Nonetheless, you can also book meals in advance due to certain allergies.
Besides this, they may ask you to put all light-emitting equipment, such as phones, watches, and cameras into the lockers.
They provide safe lockers for your convenience before your meal in the dark and this scheme was made to ensure every customer gets a pleasant eating experience in the dark.
2.2. While Dining
Your experience will start in an entirely dark dining room.
Don’t worry; their knowledgeable and kind staff will assist you in this gloomy room to find your table.
However, when you get to your table and start eating, you will surely find it calming. Moreover, your senses will be enhanced, and your nervousness will rapidly go away.
Although if you still feel uncomfortable, you may call servers right away. They will always be available there.
You will get a three-course meal, including vegan, seafood, and meat-based options. You can order or prepare your meal as per your wishes.
Nonetheless, each meal is beautifully designed, decorated, and full of flavors. Each meal will surely tantalize your senses. You may also order or book beverages in advance.
For your safety, it is recommended that you not get up from your seat in the dark room until your guide arrives.
2.3. After Dining
Following dinner, your guide will take you to the lobby, and don’t be scared if you can’t see immediately after opening your eyes in the daylight. Because your eyes might take a minute to adapt to the light, it is natural.
Before departing the restaurant, don’t forget to retrieve your items from the safe lockers.
3. Things to Know
- This dining-in-the-dark experience would be 90 minutes long. However, the doors of the restaurant open 15 minutes before, and late entry is not permitted. So please arrive on time for a hurdle-free experience.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible.
- You must not be below 12 or be accompanied by an adult if you are below 16 and anyone under the age of 16 must be with an adult, and to drink, he or she must be over 21 years old and have a legal identity.
- You must inform them of dietary allergies in advance within reason.
- To enhance your experience, you may have the option to purchase a full wine pairing.
4. Book your Tickets
- What: Experience Dining in the Dark.
- When: Various dates are available.
- Where: The Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile at 20 East Chestnut Street.
- Time: 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (select during purchase)
- Tickets: Purchase tickets on FeverUp.