Internships have become necessary and universities take them seriously. It’s a crucial factor to be successful in your career. Here are some tips for you to stand out and be the best.
- “Better Three Hours Too Soon Than A Minute Too Late”: punctuality is the key. You should be in before your boss walks in. Schedule the work you have for the day. It shows how willing you are to work for the organization. After your work is done it is better to check if there’s anything else you can help with or if there’s any other project you can work on.
- Don’t Ask DUMB QUESTIONS: it’s always wiser to think smart. If you are able to tackle any problem on your own it’s always better. If you cannot figure it out, first ask another intern in your department. Some questions can out be tackled and that’s why you have a boss.
- Take Notes And Clear Your Doubts Immediately: pay attention to what your mentor is instructing. Every time you have a meeting scheduled with your mentor, you need to pen down notes for your next task and clear your doubts right there.
- Dress Appropriately: Do not dress like you are going out on a date or heading for a night party. Skirt and dresses should not be too short or tight. Jeans are a BIG NO.
- Texting And Social Media Policies: make sure you are aware of the phone use policies. If you are expecting an important call or having an emergency let the boss know before you are reported to be slacking the company rule. Don’t use the company devices for your personal email, social media or anything of that sort.
- Attitude Matters The Most: your attitude speaks a lot about you. Getting future job references or opportunities depends on your attitude. Keep your attitude upbeat at all times
- Don’t Be Afraid To Pitch In Your Ideas: This can be a booster for you to increase your stipend (if there is any) or to increase job opportunities. Showing them you think and care about the development of the company can never be a bad move. It will always give you credibility.
- Learn To Prioritize: The company has to be your priority henceforth. You should also learn to prioritize your work and organize it well. Managing work well can leave a good impression on the organization.
Here are some tips for you to make the best out of your internship. If you can think of more, mention it in the comments section.
Originally posted 2017-11-29 20:04:30.
Want exclusive deals and discounts? We have just the list for you, from web hosting deals to your next Zara purchase.
Get how-to guides to shopping online, starting essentials to launch your business and general life hacks. And get additional discounts when you use our content writing services. More details here.
Enter your email address to sign up for our newsletter!