Are you in search of the best iPad Pro tips and tricks to enhance your experience with this handy Apple device? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know to get the most out of your iPad Pro.
The first iPad was released more than a decade ago in 2010 and over the years it has become more powerful than most of the computers around us. iPads are very versatile; you can use them to binge-watch your favorite TV shows for hours on end or even get some intense hours of work done.
However, there are always some hidden iPad Pro tips and tricks that you might find cool and use to make your life easier.
If you want to know what some of these iPad Pro tips and tricks entail, keep reading!
5 Tips for iPad Pro That Are Worth Knowing
Use It As a Secondary Monitor
While you can use the split view feature to enhance your multitasking experience, there’s something even better to take it up a notch; turning your iPad Pro into a second monitor.
To use your iPad Pro as a second monitor you can use a feature called Sidecar and connect it to your Mac. This feature also allows users to move their windows across their devices and use the touchscreen to draw or sign a document on their Macs.
the following steps can help you achieve this:
- Ensure that your iPad Pro and Mac are using the same Apple ID
- Turn on the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both devices or connect them by using a USB cable
- Open Apple Menu on your Mac
- Head to System Preferences
- Select Sidecar
- Tap on Select Device and then select your iPad Pro
- The screens on both your devices will turn black for a second
- You will now be able to see your Mac’s home screen on your iPad Pro
- To use your iPad Pro normally simply go back to the home screen
Jot Down Notes Quickly with Your Apple Pencil
If you own an Apple Pencil, this tip will help you save a significant amount of time and maintain your iPad Pro’s security.
If your iPad Pro is locked but you need to jot down a quick note on the Notes app simply take your Apple pencil and tap on your screen with it. Your iPad Pro will automatically take you to the Notes app and open a new note for you without unlocking the device.
This way it’s easier to take notes in public or during a lecture without unlocking your iPad.
Watch Movies on Your iPad
Of course, we all love watching movies during our spare time, in between breaks from work, or while we are traveling. Unfortunately, many of us don’t even think about watching movies on our iPad Pro due to compatibility issues and also because many of us don’t know how to download movies on iPad without iTunes.
To start watching movies on your iPad Pro all you need is a third-party app called WALTR PRO on your Mac. You can use this lightweight app to sync all your favorite movies to your iPad without having to go through over a dozen complicated steps that you normally would when using iTunes or other native apps used for file transfers on Apple products.
Simply download and install WALTR PRO on your Mac or Windows PC and complete the following steps to start watching movies on your iPad Pro:
- Connect your iPad to your laptop using its USB cable
- Open the settings menu on your WALTR PRO app and select Enable Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Drag and drop your favorite movies into the WALTR PRO window
- Wait for the app to convert and transfer the files to your iPad Pro
- Disconnect your iPad Pro from your laptop and start watching the movies on iOS your device
It is pertinent to note that WALTR PRO will automatically convert all the files you drag and drop into its window to the most optimal iOS-friendly format before the transfer, so you can watch the converted and transferred movies on your iPad’s native media player.
Furthermore, you will only need to connect your iPad to your laptop using its USB cable for the first transfer, after which WALTR PRO will pair to your iOS device via Wi-Fi, given that both your devices are on the same network.
Utilize the Handoff Feature
The Handoff feature enables you to continue working on or pick up where you left off between your Apple devices. You can use this feature to continue using the same application on another Apple device without losing track of what you were doing.
For example, if you are using the Safari app on your Mac, this feature will allow you to open the same webpage that you’re looking at on your iPad Pro. Moreover, it can also be used to copy and paste videos, images, or even text from one device to another.
Here’s how you can enable Handoff on Mac:
- Open Apple Menu
- Tap on System Preferences and then click General
- Choose Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iPad Pro
To enable Handoff on your iPad Pro complete the following steps
- Go to the Settings app and then click on General
- Select Airplay & Handoff
- Ensure that Handoff is enabled
Make Use of the Hidden Gestures
We all know the basic gestures that can be used to make it relatively easier to use an iPad Pro, however, there are many more hidden gestures that can prove to be handy. Let’s take a look at some of the gestures that are worth knowing:
- You can go back to your home screen in a single slide by placing five fingers on your iPad Pro and pinching them.
- To navigate between different apps, place four fingers on your screen and swipe them left or right.
- To move or organize several apps at once, simply drag any app you want to move and then tap on other apps to stack them up and move them all together.
- To quickly paste a text that you’ve copied, place three fingers on your iPad Pro and then spread them up.
- Open Spotlight Search by putting four fingers on your iPad Pro and dragging them down until you see the Spotlight Search bar.
These were some of the many tips for iPad Pro that will help you in enhancing your experience with this iOS device. Let us know in the comments section which of these iPad Pro tips and tricks are your all-time favorites.