What comes to mind when you think of Copenhagen? Amalienborg – also known as the Residence of the Royal Family? The King’s New Square (natively called Kongens Nytorv)? Telia Parken or the Danish National Stadium? Strøget – the longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe? The pristine Nyhavn – 17th-century waterfront and canal? Or Langelinie?
These are some of the breathtaking places to visit in Copenhagen. There are also some of the best hotels you can find situated in this part of Denmark, one of which includes Hotel Osterport. Founded in 1947 by Henrik Tholstrup and currently situated at Oslo Plads 5 – Copenhagen 2100, the hotel is home to thousands of tourists and travellers as it sits right in the centre of the city, some few minutes from the Osterport Station.
Why You Should Consider Hotel Osterport
Hotel Osterport provides top-notch hotel services to business travellers and tourists on a friendly-budget. Their meals are one of the best in Copenhagen. You can enjoy daily mouth-watering breakfasts in a stylish reserved room – an ideal way to dine in style (free for online booking guests). Additionally, you get a daily room cleaning service.
Hotel Osterport Features
The two-and-a-half-pearl Hotel Osterport offers a home-away-from-home experience to singles, couples, and large families. The rooms are modern and stylishly designed to give you are warm and refreshing vibe. Amenities include free Wi-Fi, upholstered armchairs, desks, comfy beds, free access to lobby computers and printers, pet friendliness, and many more.
Each moment spent in this hotel makes you cherish living in Copenhagen. Their rooms are available to cater to different family sizes. So whether you are coming alone or in groups, you do not have to worry – Hotel Osterport has you covered. By the way, you don’t have to pay through your nose to secure a room here.
Pros And Cons Of Hotel Osterport
Every hotel has its advantages and disadvantages; although, the latter can be manageable depending on customers’ preferences. In the case of Hotel Osteport, the pros outnumber the cons – the latter being trivial.
- Booking a room is easy and affordable
- Close proximity to public transportation
- Each room comes with a breath-taking decor
- High-end furniture and gadgets, including desks, upholstered armchairs, and flat-screen TVs
- Daily breakfast served in a stylish room
- Free-to-use lobby computers and printers
- A 24-hour lobby bar and lounge
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Laundry valet and luggage delivery services
- Pet friendliness
- Situated out of walking distance from central Copenhagen
- Rooms situated closer to the railway lines get noisy some times – although earplugs are provided
- Breakfast is not available in all rates
- No on-site parking
Proximity To Key Areas
Unfortunately, if you are a tourist looking for hotels within a walking distance to top sights in Copenhagen, Hotel Osterport does not meet the cut. However, there is a robust transportation system that can get you anywhere within and outside Copenhagen. You can decide to as well rent a bike for DKK 155 per day. Within a five-minute walking distance lies other restaurants and a grocery store where tourists can dine and purchase groceries.
Here is an estimation of the time it takes to commute from the hotel to some top areas in Copenhagen:
- From the hotel to Tivoli Gardens – 11 minutes (using public transportation)
- From the hotel to Copenhagen City Hall – 14 minutes
- From the hotel to The National Museum – 12 minutes
- From the hotel to Stroget – 15 minutes
- From the hotel to the ferry terminal at the Port of Copenhagen – 17 minutes (public transit)
- From the hotel to the Copenhagen Opera House – 21 minutes (public transit)
- From the hotel to Copenhagen Airport – 29 minutes (by train)
If you are not too bothered about distance, then Hotel Osterport is the ideal hotel for your booking needs. Their customer service is excellent.