India has some pretty screwed up laws. Most of them, we are not even aware of. It is possible for us to do regular stuff and end up in jail. Some of them are so ridiculous that people won’t believe you if you try to warn them. You are probably going to be labeled as that friend who cracks stupid jokes.
Here’s a list of 6 ridiculous illegal things in our country which will make you doubt the sanity of the legislators.
- Flying a kite without a permit- According to the Indian Aircraft Act of 1934, flying kites without a permit it illegal. But we have all done that, right? Just like we need a license to fly planes, flying kites needs permission too.
- More than ten couples dancing on the stage- Doesn’t that depend on the size of the stage? What kind of insensitive law stops people from dancing? It would be really awkward if there are more couples in the same room want to dance. How does one ask them to just stop? Couples are too much in love to listen to stupid laws, anyway.
- Going to street dentists- Having trouble with your teeth? Street side dentist claims to fix it for a small amount of money? Sounds great, right? That’s illegal. Also, you cannot let street side ENT specialist to clean your ears. Yes, that’s illegal too. In a third world country like India, it’s almost like these laws are made to be broken.
- Oral sex- We are all familiar with Section 377 of IPC, right? Gay sex is illegal. So is oral sex. Looks like what we do in our bedroom is the government’s business as well.
- Making women work in factories at night- Because women are not supposed to stay out after sunset. They obviously need to go back home and work on making the perfect round roti.
- For only men to get punished for adultery- If a married woman hooks up with anyone other than her husband, the man will be put to jail and not the woman. Well, her family obviously needs her to make the perfect round roti.