A screenshot means capturing a screen presenting content as a digital image. A Screenshot is a superb method to have a snap of computer screen content for further dynamic use. It is useful when you want to use it in a presentation or to converse your point in a discussion. This article will introduce you to how to take screenshots on an HP laptop in this article.
You can share any important fact or point with your friends and colleagues with the help of a screenshot. You can use a screenshot in web edits and in explaining some processes. So, it is worth knowing how to take screen shot on HP laptop.
1. Importance of a Screenshot for You
Computers have an important place in human life. You can perform multiple functions. One of these functions is having a screen capture and saving it to include in another desired work.
You can save anything on a computer screen and use it when required. You may need to collect specific facts and figures to use the information in one play. So, You can have screen captures of that information and compile them for later use.
2. Professional Use
A picture reveals so many things about an object. You can use a screenshot on an HP laptop to show web edits to your friends. It is a refinement process for the web. You should know these features for taking a screenshot on an HP laptop.
You browse and come across important information, so you cannot always copy-paste it to save. You require a computer tool that takes screenshots on HP laptops or desktop computers according to need. Screenshotting is the best tool for this purpose.
Storing screenshots in chronological order will give you a broad picture of changes in the object’s appearance. You can create a video or a screenshot to exhibit the change in sequence.
A screenshot is a handy tool. You can use it to explain the step-by-step process for a task that is hard to explain by video. Images present a clear visual to perform assigned work in the right way.
You come across epic movement or information when a video is playing. In that situation, a screenshot on the HP computer will be a game changer for you to save those visions for further use.
3. How to Take Screen Shot on HP Laptop
Windows and Chrome operating system is the operating system in an HP laptop or desktop computer. Chrome operating systems are the core part of a Chromebook. So you can snap screenshots on an HP laptop with a simple keyboard click. Taking screenshots with the help of a shortcut key is much easier.
Print Screen key, present on a keyboard as button PrtScn key or Prt SC, is used to take screenshots on a Windows HP laptop or desktop. It is handy to take a screenshot of the HP pavilion with the PrtScn key or Prt SC.
There are multiple ways to have a screenshot on an HP laptop or desktop computer. These methods are suitable irrespective of the device and operating systems. You will frequently use the print screen key to capture a screenshot on the Windows system. Many third-party applications can also help you have a nice screenshot.
Now, you will learn two methods of the screenshot – with or without the print screen key. You can take a screenshot of full-screen snip captures or selected area screen snip captures.
You can use this technique to take a screenshot on HP Laptop or desktop computer and tablets like HP Elitebook, HP Chromebook, HP envy laptop, HP Pavilion, etc. HP desktop computers have the same process for screenshots. Here is the answer to your question about how to take screen shot on HP laptop.
3.1. With Print Screen Key
3.1.1. Default FULL-SCREEN Capture Tool
Full-screen capture is an easy and fast method to take a screenshot on HP laptops or desktop computers. You may require to save information while browsing, reading pdfs, and watching videos. You only have to press a shortcut key to take a screenshot.
- You can take a screenshot by pressing the Windows key + Print Screen key (Prtsc key). It will take a screenshot on a hp laptop as a full screen by default.
- This screenshot is saved in your laptop’s File Explorer->Pictures->Screenshots folder. You can access automatically saved captured image files in the screenshots folder to make some modifications.
You can use the screenshot for further inclusion. You can edit it with the help of image editing programs in a computer system.
3.1.2. Another Entire Screen Capture Tool
HP laptop generally comes with a windows system. This technique has steps to take a screenshot on different windows versions. Capture and open as you wish. You can use the print screen key (prtsc key). It stores captured images in the computer’s clipboard till you copy anything new.
First, press the Print Screen key (Prtsc key). It will store the entire screen screenshot in the computer’s clipboard. This time the image file is not immediately saved.
- Now open any image editing program or MS Paint if you are on windows (Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro will all work).
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the captured screenshot. You can also right-click and press Paste. Now, you can apply some editing effects.
- Save the image with the save icon button or Ctrl + S as JPEG or PNG.
Now you can use that image for any related purpose. This process is a little bit longer but gives you a chance to edit before saving.
3.2. Partial Capture Screens
3.2.1. By Using the SHORTCUT Key
You can grab a specific portion of the screen as a screenshot on an HP computer. It is another method to take a screenshot on an HP laptop or desktop. Here is a guide on how to take a screenshot of a partial screen on an HP laptop.
- First, you will press the Windows key + Shift + S to open the snipping tool. You can locate the windows key at the left side base of your keyboard. You will see a white overlay screen with a crosshair icon.
- By default way, you will have a windows snip. But you can change according to the requirement to a different mode.
- Now, select the piece of the screen to take your screenshots with the help of the crosshair cursor. It will copy to the computer’s clipboard.
- To paste it, press Ctrl + V into any image editing program like MS Paint. You can also right-click and press Paste.
- You can also open captured screen in the snipping tool window by directly clicking on the clipboard image taken as a screenshot. It appears just after the screen capture for a while. The clipboard saves it with modification if required.
You can take a screenshot with this method smoothly and fastly.
3.2.2. Snipping Tool
The snipping tool is one of the operating system’s excellent features. It works well with any operating system. Here are the steps to use it to take a screenshot on an HP computer.
- First, open the start menu and type the snipping tool in the search bar. The snipping tool application will appear. You can click to open it.
- You will see different options like the mode and new buttons.
- Click on the New button or press Ctrl + N. White overlay from a pointed cursor to a crosshair cursor, and icons of different modes appear at the top row.
- All processes will take place on the active window. You can select modes from these according to your requirement.
There are four modes available in the snipping tool. The rectangular outline is the standard one.
i) RECTANGULAR Snip
This mode lets you capture the screen in a rectangular shape according to your desired area. It becomes handy when you want to select a designated area of the whole screen.
ii) Free-form Snip
It is a feature that empowers you to take screenshots in different shapes freehand. It may help when your requirement is a partial screen like an oval shape, circular shape, or free form.
iii) Window Snip
This mode enables you to screen capture with a simple click. You can take a screenshot with a simple click on the active window.
iv) FULL-SCREEN Capture
When you are using the dual monitor, it helps to capture the entire screen. It enables you to take screenshots at once.
The captured screen will open in the snipping tool window. Now you can draw something with the available snip editing tool. You can also open an image editing program and paste it there. Now, you can make changes to your captured screenshots.
5. How to Take Screen Shot on HP Laptop with a Third-Party Application
Various computer screen capture tools are available to take screenshots in the industry. These applications provide all the functionalities of capturing screenshots for editing and resizing. If you wish to use extra features, you can go with the image editor of your wish.
A screenshot on HP Laptop with a third-party application is also a simple task. Third-party apps provide different features for editing captured screenshots. Here is a guide on how to take screen shot on HP laptop with third-party applications.
- First, You have to select any third-party program on your windows system. These third-party applications provide different functionality. So, download one such app. After installing it, you need to open it.
- You can use these screen capture tools for the entire screen or a single window. A screenshot on an HP Laptop and HP Desktop computer is the same.
- Now, you can click the button available for the screen capture tool to take a screenshot on HP Laptop. Here you will get captured images, and you can also edit the captured image.
- You can organize image folder by folder and share them with your friends and colleagues.
6. How to Take Screenshots on HP Tablet
6.1. Default Way
It is different to capture screenshots on a tablet. Whether you are using Windows or an android operating system, finding out how to take a screenshot on an HP tablet is tricky. You use a keyboard shortcut to take screenshots on an HP laptop, but here you have to use a combination of buttons. Here is a guide on how to take screenshots on an HP tablet.
- First, press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. After two seconds of the button press, a screen capture will flash for the newly saved image file.
- You can find screenshots file in the photo folder of your tablet.
6.2. Super Screenshot on HP Tablet
Your device may be integrated with the photo editor for functionalities like blurring, resizing and cropping, etc. But the Super screenshot screen capture tool enables you to take screenshots on a tablet with added features. With this, you can share the image files directly.
7. How to Store a Screenshot on HP Laptop
Storing a screenshot on an HP computer is in the drive by default. Here you educated yourself to take screenshots on the Windows system with or without prtsc key and save them automatically or manually.
Sometimes your work requires you to share directly with your friends. It also requires security on the windows system to protect against any theft. So you can go with online storing.
You can store the screenshots on OneDrive and Dropbox. There are several cloud storage services where you can easily save screenshots taken by you on a Windows system.
1. Where Do I Locate the Prt Scn Key on An Hp Laptop?
You can find the Prtsc key at the top right corner of the main keypad of your keyboard. It is near the Delete key or Insert key.
2. How Do I Activate the Print Screen Button?
Go to ‘ease of access’ in settings. Find the keyboard option there. Find the Print Screen shortcut and enable the option.
9. Final Words
We have finally introduced you to how to take a screenshot on an HP laptop with tricks and techniques. You can also use third-party applications for the same with an added feature. A screenshot on HP is a smooth task. Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11 have a snipping tools facility. Give it a try to take screenshots on the Windows system to get familiar with tricks. You will learn the screenshotting process.