Do you love to travel? Well, if you do, we have some of the best travel quotes to look at and feel motivated when you travel.
Live, Travel, Explore, Adventure, Because You Only Live Once
Traveling is one of the best things in life. It is a journey of exploration and discovery, and there isn’t anything that can give you the experience of everyday things like travel does.
The feeling you get when traveling is beyond explanation; however, travel quotes help us put your feelings into words. Travel quotes are nothing but just an expression of your feelings.
So feel free to travel the world, live life the way you want and not the way others tell you to, and if you need the motivation, there are always the perfect travel quotes to help you.
And this post includes a list of some of the best travel quotes out there. Read them all, and pick your favorite travel quotes.
Ultimate Travel Quotes List:
30+ Best Travel Quotes For Travel Inspiration
We have categorized these travel quotes into different sections, so first up is:
Adventure Travel Quotes
1. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
When you are looking for adventure travel quotes, this one by Maya Angelou really stands out. We must understand how much control we have over our lives and how amazing we can become.
But if we are always trying to fit in, we will never know what we are capable of?!
2. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.”
When we are feeling less motivated and are stuck to a fixed routine, such travel quotes help us push boundaries. Risks and adventures might be dangerous, but they aren’t as scary as following a fixed schedule like robots.
3. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.”
To understand travel, you must free yourself from everything. You will have to leave your notions, your stress behind and get lost in the journey. Only then can you truly experience the adventure.
4. “Jobs fill your pocket but adventures fill your soul.”
To me, this is one of the best travel quotes ever. Travel and adventures are things that are all about experiencing life to its best.
Sure having a job can seem like a perfect life, but a life without adventures is a life that hasn’t been lived to its fullest.
Tip: Work while traveling the world
5. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
There is always a whole new life waiting; we have to get out of our comfort zone and find it.
6. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
7. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
Let us now check some inspiring travel quotes/inspirational travel quotes that will always keep you going.
8. “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.”
One of the best moments in life is when we are on the journey of exploration. We find ourselves in unknown lands, we learn about survival, we learn more about life.
9. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
When we travel, we discover things that are so great. We start to realize that our existence merely occupies a tiny place in this wonderful world because there’s so much greatness ahead of us.
10. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
To move ahead in life, we have to step out of our comfort zones. We must leave the safety net behind that we have always been holding onto. Otherwise, they will always be stuck in the same place.
11. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”
We can only get the best of this world if we take upon the journey of discovery because there’s so much to know about the world that we are a part of. And only travel can make us achieve it.
12. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
When we travel, we begin to discover a lot about ourselves and the world we are a part of. We develop a fresh perspective towards life, and it brings us closer to life.
13. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the travel is unaware.”
The more you travel, the more you discover new destinations.
14. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” (Mary Anne Radmacher)
One never remains the same after they discover what life truly is. They gain a new perspective.
15. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
This is one of the most famous travel quotes. It is from the perspective of both traveling and life alike. Because no matter what the journey is, it all starts with the first step.
16. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
This is one of the most appreciated travel quotes by Mark Twain. Indeed, we will never learn things if we keep growing in the same place.
We need to move and travel so that we develop an open mind. Sticking to just one place will limit our chances at a broad mind.
17. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.”
We lead our life in a particular way, mostly we follow a routine. We barely allow ourselves to feel things, to experience things that don’t fit it.
But that doesn’t have to be the case always. In this one life, we can live different lives if we want. All we need is the courage to go for it.
Famous Travel Quotes
18. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference.”
This quote by Robert Frost can be applied to our life too. There always comes the point where we have to make a choice. And during those times, we need to remember that we need to choose the path which will do right for us.
19. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” (Marcel Proust)
A true discovery is not when you find a new place, but it is when you find a new perspective. It is when you start having the eyes to look at things and situations differently than before.
20. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world.”
Well, isn’t this the best feeling? Sure, it is scary as hell at first. But imagine waking up in a completely new town, where no one knows you; you can be who you want.
You can start on a new journey of exploration. You will be filled with excitement and anticipation.
21. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”
Traveling is never about reaching a particular destination because it’s all in the journey.
22. “When overseas you learn more about your own country than you do the place you’re visiting.”
Only when you move from one place to another, do you learn more about the place you started from. Because then you begin to compare the two.
23. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.”
Travel feels you up with memories of a lifetime. It would help if you always carried them along.
24. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”- Chief Seattle
As already told, travel is all about gaining a new outlook and a mindset. It is never about reaching a particular place.
25. “I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
For Robert Louis Stevenson, travel means to keep moving. He travels not to reach any place but to experience what travel is.
He teaches us to keep moving no matter what.
26. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.”
A true traveler never seeks out destinations because his aim is not to reach one.
27. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.”
Traveling leaves you with memories that you can always cherish.
Unique Travel Quotes
28. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
You are filled with memories and experiences that no one can buy, no matter how rich they are.
29. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all of your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.”
30. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
Well, people have preconceived notions about other countries, but when you travel, you discover things on your way. You find out that most of what you heard is wrong.
31. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
This will always impact your life because it is true that we always regret the choices that we didn’t make. After all, we were too afraid to.
32. “He who would travel happily must travel light.”
Well, it is always best to travel light. Otherwise, you will spend most of your time carrying things from here to there.
33. “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.”
Your travel bag must be filled with things that you can always carry with you in life.
34. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.”
Once you start traveling, there’s no going back. The feeling that you get from traveling is the greatest reward ever.
35. “Not all who wander are lost.” (J.R.R. Tolkien)
This means that just because one doesn’t have any fixed plans doesn’t mean they do not have any purpose.
Short Travel Quotes
36. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.”
You will witness the amazing side of life when you start exploring more.
37. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
It is better to make your own path and leave a trail for others than following someone else’s.
38. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
Well, with all the experiences you get, you will surely have lots of stories to tell.
39. “Oh, the places you’ll go.”
In the words of Dr. Seuss, this is more of an expression of what travel feels like.
40. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
Whenever you travel, you come back with bits of every place that you have been to.
41. “Fear is only temporary. Regrets last forever.”
Always take the chance, no matter how frightening it seems. Because that feeling won’t last long, but the feeling of missing out on an opportunity will haunt forever.
42. “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
43. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.”
If you think of travel as a part of your life, it will never feel like you are investing in something or someone else.
This is your time to take an exciting step. Take on the trip that you always wanted, start a travel blog and share your experiences with the world. I hope for you all a good holidays/traveling experience.
These travel quotes have always inspired me to be more adventurous and passionate. I hope it does the same to you. May you never stop learning and exploring.
Do let us know which are your favorite travel quotes.