Veterans’ male and female, are accommodated well in the military forces in their particular countries, often in hard days of civil war and conflicts. The male and females have made an important sacrifice to safeguard the freedom and security of their country’s well-being. Let’s Explore a meaningful legacy and why veterans are important.
Most veterans go through a lot of tough challenges to return to civilian life along with their physical and mental health problems, tough to find a job, and hard to adjust outside the military compound. We must identify and respect their sacrifices and give support to them in being successful in adjusting to civilian life.
There are many associations, government benefits programs, and measures provided to help veterans in approaching healthcare facilities, educational programs benefits, home-related benefits, and job opportunities available for them.
Moreover, there are several methods by the citizens can exhibit their support for veterans by volunteering, giving charity at veteran support welfare or just greeting them by saying Thank you to a veteran for their contribution to the country.
1. Why are Veterans Important?
Veterans are special individuals for multiple reasons:
- They are the individuals who have sacrificed to safeguard their countries. Veterans have always not cared about their lives to protect their nation and its people. They leave their families and stay away from them to be on the border of the nation and secure the country’s freedom.
- They deliver different kinds of skills and experiences- The instructions and experiences accumulated during military service can be extremely precious in civilian life. Veterans have evolved as great leaders, and teammates and find solution skills that are very suggested in the workplace.
- Veterans deserve our praise and appreciation. Veterans have been a great pillar to protect and safeguard their country from any exterior wars or conflicts so that its citizens do not get affected and can enjoy their lives happily with their families.
- Veterans too need help from their citizens to adjust around the civilians. They find it hard while transitioning as a civilian their worlds changes like the struggles regarding searching for employment, benefits from healthcare and home facilities, and social gatherings.
- So as a good citizen, we should be helping them in resolving their problems. Most veterans are affected by the discharge of their services. Expressing love and being a helping hand to veterans is like recognizing the assistance and the value that they have brought to the nation.
1.1. Understand the Sacrifices
Veterans’ sacrifices are unparalleled and have strong courage to safeguard their nation’s citizens during war and conflicts. They suffer from family separation, isolated areas of duty and challenging hours with no additional payments.
They are individuals who are not afraid in facing dangerous situations. We should be proud of them and always be thankful for their contribution to serving us. Here are some of the sacrifices which are essential to understand and should be valued:
- Armed Services- Veterans have given contributions to many roles involving combat, peacebuilding, area of devastation and social cause missions. Veterans put their life at stake for their people they do not care for their lives truly devoted soldier who wants to protect the nation by going through physical and emotional challenges.
- Sacrificial and Skill Growth- The armed forces give extensive physical training and distinctive and professional growth. Veterans sometimes have helpful skills and experiences like leadership, teammate, and combat solving and are technical experts which they can use in civilian life.
- Financial Participation- Veterans have a great influence on the country’s economy by pioneering business, building job opportunities and providing to the work industry. They give valuable skills and proficiency which are valuable by the working people, producing them as precious participants in the economy.
- Support Services- Most of the veterans remain to serve their community after they get discharged from their armed services. They start volunteering for social causes, take leadership roles and contribute to improvise much-needed lives.
- Sacrifice- Veterans have made an important self-sacrifice being away from their families, undergoing bodily and mental challenges and in some matters being wounded or killed to death in war action.
1.2. Explore Path to Citizenship
The route to citizenship for a veteran can change relative to various factors like as the period of their armed forces services, the kind of discharge they acquired and their recent immigration position. Furthermore, there are many options present to veterans who are applying for citizenship:
1.2.1. Naturalized Citizen
Veterans who are permanent citizens (green card holders) and meet the suitability requirements can apply for Naturalized citizenship which is for developing a U.S. citizen. To be qualified Veterans need to have contributed many honorably to the U.S. military forces for almost one year and must need to be qualified for other demands like being able to speak, read well and can write in English.
1.2.2. Military Accession Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI)-
MAVNI is a program that permits non-U.S. citizen who is lawfully available in the U.S. and has some languages or pharmaceutical skills to enroll in the army. Enrolling through the MAVNI program can give a route to citizenship for the active-duty veteran individual as they can be qualified to enroll as a naturalized citizen after finishing off their foundation training.
1.2.3. Parole in Place (PIP)-
PIP is a program that permits some of the family members of United States Army personnel involving the veterans who live in the U.S. country not legally have the right to reside and enroll for adjustment status. PIP is alternate but veteran and their whole family can be qualified if they meet the eligibility criteria.
1.2.4. Special Immigrant Visa (SIV)-
SIV are for some of the few individuals who have contributed to previous employment in the U.S. government or armed services may be qualified for SIV which gives to permanent possession.
1.3. Support Veterans with Employment & Education Opportunities
We must support veterans with finding employment and education opportunities is the necessary way to encourage them, fortunately, to transit into civilian life. Following are the ways we and the association s can help veterans in specific zones:
1.3.1. Employment Opportunity-
Employers can directly hire veterans and give provide them with employment opportunities which standardize their expertise skills and experiences. Employers can provide training and overall development programs to support veterans in enhancing the skills they need to flourish in their job roles. Moreover, veteran employment organizations and governmental programs like the Veteran Employment and Training Service (VETS)and the Department of Labor’s Career One Stop give assistance to support veterans find employment.
1.3.2. Pedagogy Opportunity-
Some of the veterans utilize their GI Bill to apply for further education and training purposes. Governmental Organizations’ can help veterans by connecting with the educational facility to give them scholarship chances, tuition support and other assets to support veterans seeking educational success. Moreover, veterans service departments and public programs like the Veterans Affairs Education and Training programs arrange materials and aid to help veterans able to pursue educational training services.
1.3.3. Guidance Programs-
Guidance Programs can give beneficial help to veterans as they explore changeover to civilian life. A guide can assist, recommend and like to support veterans to execute their career and educational achievements. Some of the veteran’s service institutions, employers and educational corporations provide guidance programs, particularly for veterans.
Networking can be helpful tool food veterans as they find employability and educational chances. Organizations’ can assist in networking chances for veterans through employment fairs, connection affairs and digital community. Moreover, veteran service enterprises like Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFM)and the American Legion give networking chances for veterans.
1.4. Need for Mental Care and Community Help
The necessity for mental care and community help for veterans is increasing as many veterans have different challenges and experiences which can route to mental care and community help for veterans:
- Traumatic and PTSD- Some of the veteran’s tragic events during their armed services can cause post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)and more mental health issues. PTSD can lead to symptoms like flashbacks, night terrors and anxiety which can majorly a veteran standard of living.
- Physical Injury and Chronic Distress- Veterans can experience physical injury and chronic distress connected to the armed services period which can lead to mental health concerns like sadness and bodily anxiety.
- Solitude and Loneliness- The transformation to civil life can be tough for veterans and most of the veterans feel solitude and are not connected to their community. This can lead to pain loneliness and nervousness.
To summarize these tough challenges there are many mental health care centers and community support programs for veterans:
- VA Mental Health Services- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA Hospital) provides an extensive range of mental health facilities like counselling sessions, therapy facilities and meditation departments. These facilities are present in VA medical services departments and community-based clinics.
- Veteran Service Organization- Some veteran service organization like VPW and American Legion provides mental health support system.
- Peer Support Program- Peer Support Programs like VA peer support and the Wounded Warrior Project joins the veterans with the rest of the veterans who have equally shared the same experiences and can provide help and guidance.
2. Final Words
In summary, veterans play a crucial part in our society and earn special respect, help and appreciation. They have sacrificed, and military veterans fought a lot for the freedom and security of their great country and citizens to safeguard them from harmful exterior world war and conflicts without concern about their own lives.
By identifying and honouring our country’s veteran heroes, we can make sure that their participation and unconditional sacrifice will be always remembered and valued for the upcoming future generations to come.