When you click through from our site to a retailer and buy a product, we may earn affiliate commissions. This helps support our work, but does not affect what we cover or how, and it does not affect the price you pay.
Here is a list of those crazy mundane things only 90’s kids know of! Unfortunately, technology has taken over, and they hold no more significance than they once did. Let’s revisit the memory lane and reminisce over those good old days.
1. Kids are no more seen with those video game tapes rented from the nearest cyber cafe. PSPs and Ipads are the new video gaming arenas.
3. Floppy drives used to be our favourite storage devices. Now CDs and pen drives have almost made them extinct.
7. Who would connect to the internet using the local phone’s network? Click on the wifi option and access the world!
8. E-mails replaced letters sent to friends, and then SMSes replaced e-mail. Then Whatsapp replaced text messages. All in a decade!
9. Birthday cards meant cards made by hand. Now they mean e-cards or expensive gifts.
13. Standing in queues was a necessity for small cinema houses. Now we enjoy movie experiences in sumptuous malls and PVRs. Those local cinema houses are limited in number now, crediting for small masses.
15. We now believe it is more important to maintain social contacts through Facebook and Twitter than visiting our friends in person.
16. Good cars meant Maruti and Indica for 90’s kids. Now BMWs and SUVs are the common ones.
19. Pizzas and burgers were not available as easily as they are available today. Thanks to a string of food outlets like Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, Dominos, KFC….the list is endless!
21. No more of these cassettes and recorders!
22. Television sets were basic. Today we are thronged by LEDs and LCDs.
24. And we had a flair for collecting free toys from our favourite brand of chips.
25. Buying those weekly lottery tickets was like a tradition in households. Unfortunately, we see very few lottery ticket stalls now!
Times have changed, technology has evolved, and we have certainly seen and experienced rapid growth in all aspects of our lives. But these are a few things that we will never forget no matter how old we grow or how advanced we become.