When you click through from our site to a retailer and buy a product, we may earn affiliate commissions. This helps support our work, but does not affect what we cover or how, and it does not affect the price you pay.
The pursuit of discovering joy lies in the little adventures we must all embark upon now and then. The feel of the crisp, fresh air of outdoor life can instantly rejuvenate us. It is quite a game-changer when it comes to creating a distraction from the monotonous day to day life.
In this article, we have compiled a list of outdoor life activities you must indulge in every once in a while. Outdoor life activities are vital because they help us incorporate social skills while adventuring with a group of people, teach us about minimalism, and gives us happy memories to look back to, thereby being a significant source of happiness and mirth.
It’s a fresh start if you are recovering from a breakup. You can explore more about yourself and let the agony of pain and melancholy be gone for good. Or if you haven’t performed professionally well and you are looking for something to bring you back on track, this distraction is perfect for you.
The Magazine Outdoor Life
Outdoor Life is one of the most prominent magazines which originated in America. If you need the latest updates and tips about the various gears used for fishing, and hunting this magazine is your go-to place. You will also encounter some constructive suggestions and how to tackle the problems during the different seasons, which can affect the outdoor activities in a significant way.
The leading publication Times Mirror did own the magazine for quite some time before, but now it is owned by Bonnier Corporation. It also covers a lot of sporting events related to outdoor Life.
Some Outdoor Life Activities You Need to Include in Your Bucket List!
1. Kayaking With Your Dog!
Yes, it’s very much possible for your four-legged accomplice to venture with you in the serenity of water. But the primary prerequisite for this fun event is that your dog needs to love water. If your dog is afraid of water bodies, it is not such a good idea to explore this activity.
We have made a checklist of things you need to carry for the safety of your furry friend.
- Doggy lifejacket: The first thing which comes to our mind is a lifejacket for the hound. In case the kayak flips, or your dog wants to take a dip into the waters, but he is tired, he must have the means to swim.
- Sunscreen: This isn’t just for humans; the sun exposure can be fatal for your pet’s skin as well. To avoid sunburns and other fatalities, make sure to carry sunscreen.
- Water Cup: You really don’t want your dog to drink the dirty water or saltwater because he’d be tempted to do so. So, carry a bowl of clean drinking water specifically for him.
- Toys: A new bunch of water toys for your loving pet would be an absolute delight! Don’t forget to carry extra treats and chew toys.
Before going on the actual adventure, you should work this out with your dog in a local pond and provide him with adequate training. Click on the video link below to understand how to train your furry boy for kayaking, and you are good to go!
We recommend you to be careful while choosing this task as some of you might be allergic to certain species of the wild so please avoid this activity if your health is at stake. It’s also vital you dress correctly with good-quality outdoor clothing, boots and sun protection.
One of the most dauntless activities you can do in style. Outdoor Life on the water is a little more challenging than the planes, and the backdrop can provide a beautiful background to click pictures as well. You can experiment with functional and stylish clothes during the activity.
It is an art, and it requires you to develop the necessary skills and muscle power to paddle against the strong waves of the ocean. Since this one is comparatively difficult compared to the rest, a bit of commitment and consistency are required.
It is a real treat to those who love taking up challenges outdoor.
You may also like our article: 6 Unexplored Travel Destinations In India
3. Wildlife Management
The balance between different elements of nature must be maintained at all costs. If the balance is disturbed, it will affect the whole ecosystem, and the implications of that will be harsh and cruel.
If you are a wildlife enthusiast, you could drop by a conservation center and provide some assistance. It’s like two birds and one stone since you get outdoor life experience, but you are also involved in doing something which will benefit wildlife and the world.
We recommend you to be careful while choosing this task as some of you might be allergic to certain species of the wild so please avoid this activity if your health is at stake.
4. Fishing Essentials!
Saltwater fishing or fishing in the freshwater, ultimately, who doesn’t love a good catch, right? You may be a beginner or a pro, and your triumphs could include anything from salmon to bass. It is one of the most stimulating activities to do on the weekend.
We are sure you are drowning in the excitement of your next big catch, and you cannot put all your thought to the little details, so we have a list of a few things you might want to carry before your next trip.
- Jerky: Don’t be a miser when it comes to this. Pack up enough jerky to last for a couple of days if you don’t want your fishing experience to be ruined.
- Cooling box: A beer out on the hunt for fish, sounds perfect.
- Sunglasses: Beat the heat with your stylish glasses. In addition to this, wear a UV Protective active apparel or UV Sun protective clothing to avoid sunburns.
- Rods and reels: Keep them ready the night before fishing and ensure they are in good condition. Check for any knots before so that you can replace them if they aren’t functional.
Also, read our article: Things You Must Know Before Travelling Around Europe by Train
5. Backpacking Ideas
This can be a real test for your packing skills. You need to ensure that you have got all the supplies you need to survive in a bag. If you want to add some spice to your backpacking venture, here are a few backpack ideas you might want to include!
- Local food: You will explore a new land, so you should dwell in their culture for a while, and food is a significant reflection of culture. So try out and savor all the local delicacies as you skip towns. Be a sport and try some chilly if you have a sweet tooth and develop a good taste in cuisine.
- Solo trip: Need to discover some inner fantasies? You are more passionate when you are with yourself. Discover what truly elates your soul when you venture out new markets and scenic natural beauty.
- Road trip: Avoid expensive plane tickets by hitting the road. Although frequent visits to the gas stations may tire you a bit, it is all part of a new experience. Explore new routes and vibe to the good old rock or blues on your trip.
- Hike: What is better than a breath-taking view from an altitude above? A hike with a bunch of your best pals can totally transport you to the seventh heaven and make you jump on cloud nine.
Pierce Outdoor LIFE Program
The teenage generation is bombarded with negativity due to social media and the lack of awareness of mental well-being. The rumors, number of likes on Instagram, and an entitled life have made them really weak.
Pierce Outdoor LIFE program is a perfect escape from this cage for the kids aged between thirteen and seventeen. The program is spaced over six weeks and enables the kids to incorporate different life skills and develop more sensitivity towards society.
Social skills and leadership qualities are a must to survive the corporate crunch, and preparing them from a tender age will prove helpful in the long run. It is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with nature for beautiful memories and healthy emotions.
Spanaway Regional Park is the community partner for five days. For detailed information about the program, you can visit the official website by clicking on the link mentioned below.
Fears and Challenges
A lot of us enjoy being homebound, and it is a personal choice, but it is good to step out of your comfort zone from time to time and cherish all that Life has to offer. One of the best ways to overcome fear is to slowly progress and do the activities which hamper us from overcoming our fears.
The feeling of triumph, once you have achieved your goals, is priceless. It boasts a different level of self-confidence, and you become more than willing to take risks later in life. It pushes you out of your comfort zone, thereby increasing your adaptability and testing you every now and then.
These are just a few bizarre ideas from our side to you. But the adventure doesn’t stop here. Outdoor life experiences are plentiful and cannot be counted on fingers. So what has been your favorite life experience of outdoor life? Let us know in the comment section below!