Ever thought that there can be an analogy between socks and males? Well, here it is! Socks are less talked about and here are some reasons why they resemble the male side and shoes are females: –
- Underrated: – How often do you hear someone talking or even mentioning that they have to buy new socks? Seldom, very seldom! It is the case with men. They work all day long and are rarely appreciated at home. On the other hand, consider shoes. One would often say that they want to buy new shoes and would rush to get them. Besides, socks are purchased as a supplement to the shoes and not vice versa. Women are often appreciated by the men or the children of the house for the delicious food they make and squeaky-clean work they do to make the house shining.
- Cared less about: – Men are said to be the stronger sex and therefore, they are often taken for granted. Men are supposed to be more independent and active than women. They are often left alone to study, work or any other important work. Men can never be raped, molested or hit! This is not the case with women. There are several rape cases reported daily. They are often accompanied by men. Shopping, walking on the road, when sick or sad, etc. There is always someone with them. On the other hand, we have socks. Socks are lying at some corner of the house. They are torn but worn. Washed infrequently or irregularly. Never ironed. Shoes are cared as if they are some celebrity. They are given to the cobbler even if the soul moves a bit.
- Quickly replaced: – If socks are torn or worn out, they are quickly replaced with another pair. This is not the case with the shoes. They are mended and repaired as many times as possible. The same is the case with men and women. If a couple broke up, the girl has another proposal just after a week just from her Facebook post. The guy, on the other hand, is still in the grief of the break up after a month of posting it on Facebooks and forget a girl approaching him, that’s a rare phenomenon. Consider the couple as a pair of shoes and socks. The socks are thrown every third month whereas the shoes last for about a year, having a new pair of socks quarterly!
- Suppressed: – The socks are often suppressed and dominated by shoes. People go to buy shoes and take socks as something complementary. No one would even know five companies which make socks whereas, on the other hand, the list of shoe companies would go on. Same way, everyone would know how a woman is feeling and would come to lighten her load, but men have to suppress their feelings and are not supposed to share it according to the society. They are never asked or comforted if they are sad or how do they feel.
- Less attended: – Shoes have hundreds of designs, colors and patterns, but what about socks? There are maximum two or three patterns and if the luck is good five. Colors are also limited. Same goes for men and women. Women have an array of clothes to wear from sarees to dresses to western. On the other hand, men are confined to either pant shirt/t-shirt or one type of dhoti with a kurta.
Overall, I want to say that there is an imbalance in the pair of socks and shoes and so is it in the society. Many times, men are neglected, and women are highlighted. There are also times when exactly the opposite happens. I am not saying that is either right or bad. I am just saying that they are treated unequally which should not be the case. They both are humans and deserve equal opportunities. Respect everyone, whether it is your shoe-wearing girlfriend or your sock-wearing brother! Equality is serenity!
Even socks are made to look like shoes!!