Life is filled with many ups and downs. It is a fact and you cannot run away from it. It is what makes us human. But that does not mean that you must give up on life easily. Of course, there are times when it is difficult to be happy and cheerful. However, life is a gift that many people fail to acknowledge.
If you are having a hard time seeing the cup as half full and rather see it as half empty, you should read these quotes by famous personalities and adopt them in your daily life. They may not make your problems go away, but they would definitely help you in facing them with a stronger mindset.
18 Wonderful Quotes to Help You in Life
Here are some quotes to help you bring that lost smile of yours back.
1) “Whatever You Are Doing, Love Yourself for Doing It. Whatever You Are Feeling, Love Yourself for Feeling It.” – Thaddeus Golas
We often want to throw away our feelings or want them to become numb. The truth is, it is what it is. Some things cannot be denied, and hence the only option is to accept them with open arms, even with a face full of dripping tears. Becoming numb towards your life is a bad reaction mechanism.
It does not save you; instead, it kills you inside, slowly but steadily, learn to help yourself. So why throw away the life you have? Instead, love yourself enough to accept whatever you do or feel.
2) “Be the Change You Wish to See.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Honestly, the world needs people who will work for the good of society. It is straightforward to sit at home and pass comments like they should do this, do it like that, etc. Our society will be more productive and satisfactory if you go out there and make the change you want.
Do you want to reduce poverty in the world? Go out there and help some people get on their feet. Are you concerned about climate change? You take steps to start to change yourself. Only if more people step forward to change society’s progress will there be a change in the world like you want.
3) “Happiness Can Be Found, even in the Darkest of Times, If Only One Remembers to Turn on The Light.” – Steve Kloves (As Dumbledore in Harry Potter)
This is one of the essential life lessons. We often drown in darkness and tend to give up like there is no ray of hope. It is not at all correct. Dumbledore’s words might bring shivers to your spine because of their insane accuracy. No matter how bad a situation is, you should look out for that one ray of hope, as if there still is an option to recover.
4) “To Be Beautiful Means to Be Yourself. You Don’t Need to Be Accepted by Others. You Need to Accept Yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanch
We often look outside the window for others to validate our existence, way of life, and decisions. We forget that the most important and the best person to validate them for you is when you look at yourself in the mirror. This means that you have to accept and help yourself for who you are. You have to accept that you are beautiful just the way you are.
5) “Dream As If You Will Live Forever. Live As If You Will Die Today.” – James Dean
Dreams are what help fuel your life. What is life without dreaming a little? It doesn’t matter if your dreams are big or small; dream away! Dream and keep working towards it as if you will live forever.
6) “The Past Is Behind; Learn from It. The Future Is Ahead. Prepare For It. The Present Is Here; Live It.” – Thomas. S. Monson
Time-traveling to the past and getting stuck there is a waste of time because every second in life is precious. You never know when your heart stops and you go into an indefinite sleep. So why waste life? Live in the present moment, keep working for the future, and take lessons from a past life.
7) “Sometimes The Most Important Thing in a Whole Day Is the Rest We Take Between Two Breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
On some days, between the heavy and fast breaths in our fast-paced lives, the rest that we take is the most important thing that day. Those few moments of relaxation are all the help it takes to rejuvenate the mind again.
8) “You Are Beautiful. Know This. Anyone Who Tells You Otherwise Is Simply Lying. You Are Beautiful.” – Steve Maraboli
We are all unique in our ways, which makes us beautiful. That is one thought you should hold on to forever.
9) “I Think It’s Important to Find the Little Things in Everyday Life That Make You Happy.” – Paula Cole
Life is so fast that we forget to appreciate small things in life. When you finally do, you realize that you have missed out on small bundles of happiness. These small things add up being a lifesaver sometimes.
10) “Write In Your Heart That Every Day Is the Best Day of the Year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
It has been rightly said that you should live each day to the fullest. Live every day like there is no tomorrow.
11) “Keep Your Face Always Toward the Sunshine- And Shadows Will Fall Behind You.”
No matter how bad your day has been, it would be best if you eagerly waited for what the following day brings. That is how you might be able to free yourself from hopelessness. Never give up hope; the next day can have something good in store for you.
12) “Look At the Sparrows; They Do Not Know What They Will Do in the Next Moment. Let Us Live from Moment to Moment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
In the end, you will not remember how many breaths you took in life, but how many breaths took you away. Hence, live each breath you take!
13) “Though No One Can Go Back and Make a Brand-New Start, Anyone Can Start from Now and Make a Brand-New Ending.” – Carl Bard
It is never too late to start from scratch. Even at a ripe age, you could start learning something new. There is no right time. Just help your mind follow your heart.
14) “The Mind Is Everything. What You Think You Become.” – Buddha
Your life mirrors what you think and hence how you act on it. You have to look at yourself in the mirror and imagine becoming the person you want to be. Look at those eyes and pledge to work for the same till you achieve it.
15) “Here Is the Test to Find Whether Your Mission on Earth Is Finished. If You’re Alive, It Isn’t.” – Richard Bach
Human beings have different roles to play in life. With contemplation, one might understand the reason for who we meet and what happens in life. There is a belief that every human being comes to earth with a mission. So if you are still alive, you still have work to do, my friend!
16) “Life Is Too Short to Wake Up with Regrets, So Love the People Who Treat You Right and Forget About Those Who Don’t. And Believe That Everything Happens for a Reason… If You Get a Chance, Take It. If It Changes Your Life, Let It. Nobody Said That It Would Be Easy They Just Promised It Would Be Worth It.” – Harvey Mackay
Life is a roller coaster ride, and there is a reason for everything that happens to you. You never know when your last day will be, so why waste your precious life on unnecessary things? Life is too short for regrets and grudges. Instead, holding on to your loved ones close will help. If an opportunity comes by, take it in the blink of an eye.
17) “Your Daily Life Is Your Temple and Your Religion. When You Enter into It, Take with You You’re All.” – Khalil Gibran
Leave no stones unturned in living your life to the fullest. Life is too short and precious to throw it away without trying everything with all your heart and soul.
18) “Even Though You May Want to Move Forward in Your Life, You May Have One Foot on the Brakes. To Be Free, We Must Learn to Let Go. Release The Hurt. Release The Fear. Refuse To Entertain Your Old Pain. The Energy It Takes to Hold onto The Past Holds You Back from a New Life. What Is It You Would Let Go of Today?” – Mary Manin Morrissey
The last important thing to steal all the life lessons is to learn the art of letting go. Often letting go and moving on is the most challenging thing we have to do in life. Nonetheless, we have to. It is necessary to let go of past mistakes, fear, past pain, and regrets. Take small steps but let go of things stopping you from moving forward in life. Only then will there be freedom to carry on with life afresh.
Here’s to hoping that these inspiring quotes will help make a difference in your life. Please share with us by writing below your favorite quote that helps you get through life.
For more helpful and interesting articles visit Icy tales.