No-bake cookies recipes are super easy, and that is exactly why you should choose them for a get-together delight at your home. When you run out of options for dessert cuisine, no-bake cookies recipes can save the night.
No-bake cookies, especially the peanut butter and chocolate ones, have been a childhood favorite of mine. No sooner had I thought of them than I started craving them. Imagine the rich, fudgy chocolate and creamy peanut butter blend melting in your mouth; it makes my mouth water.
I guarantee you will be licking the batter off the saucepan and spatula after you complete arranging the cookies on the parchment paper to cool them down.
Now that you are getting the idea of what no-bake cookies can feel like in your mouth, how about you trying out your hands on them?
We have some amazing no-bake cookies recipes that you can surely give a try. But, first, let’s know a little bit about no-bake cookies.
What are No-Bake Cookies?
As the name suggests, these cookies are the ones that are not baked. You don’t have to turn on your microwave oven to make a delicious batch of cookies. These are very easy to make and can be stored for at least a month.
They retain their buttery and smooth texture for a long time, so don’t worry about them tasting dry and bad.
Most no-bake cookies recipes do not use eggs because these aren’t baked. Instead, these recipes use another classic ingredient: peanut butter and other such ingredients to bind the cookies together.
So, the next time you don’t want to turn your oven on, or perhaps, want to eat cookies and don’t have access to a range, you know what to do!
Cookies are perfect snacks for kids and adults alike. I want to share this recipe with you so that you can indulge in this easy to make no-bake cookies recipe, the perfect dessert for an occasion, or even a late-night snack, and I leave that to you!
Let’s Get the Ingredients
The best part of making no-bake cookies recipes is that you don’t need any fancy items for them. These cookies are extremely easy to make and would come out firm and tasty. That’s my promise.
Yes, even if you are making them for the first time. You might start making and keeping them in an airtight container daily as I do.
To start with the no-bake cookies recipes, let’s get our ingredients so that the entire process of cooking this classic no-bake cookies recipe becomes smooth like butter *wink*.
It would only take 5 to 10 minutes to get these 8-9 ingredients ready.
- 3 cups-Old-fashioned rolled oats/ quick oats: You can use either of them but remember that old-fashioned oats may give your no-bake cookies a different texture. Quick oats wouldn’t be as fibrous. I prefer the latter, but both will taste heavenly, that I can testify!
- 1 cup- Milk: Use any regular milk you want. Even almond milk may be used by those who want to keep this recipe vegan, but it will do as long as it is milk.
- 1 cup-Peanut butter: You can use either the creamy peanut butter or the crunchy one, and it depends on you. I prefer the crunchy peanut butter because it goes well with the smooth chocolate batter.
- 1 tablespoon- Vanilla extract: If you are a baker, you know that this ingredient is almost a constant in baking or, as in this case, even no-baking dessert recipes. This will be a perfect touch of finesse to your chocolate.
- 1/4 cup- Unsweetened cocoa powder: This is one of the most important ingredients, and it demands to be treated well. This will give you the delicious chocolate flavor that you crave.
- Try new things, and you may make these no-bake cookies even tastier. 2 cups- Granulated sugar: I use white sugar, but you can also use brown sugar. And alternatively, you can also use half white sugar and half brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup- Butter: Salted and unsalted. Both can work well. However, if you are using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup-Coconut Oil (instead of butter): You can add some coconut oil to make the batter smoother.
- 2 cups- Maple syrup: Add maple syrup if you want to make your cookies sugar-free. It would give a rich and complex sweetness to your no-bake cookie recipe.
Before you Start
Find some mittens and get your medium saucepan, spatula, parchment paper, wax paper, or baking sheets.
Now, you are ready to go! I always suggest measuring and arranging your ingredients beforehand so that you can smoothly sail through the making of the batter for your no-bake cookies recipes.
How to Make No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies
Let’s get this wonderful recipe of peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal together.
Step 1: In a saucepan, add the milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, and salted butter.
Slowly bring it to a boil, occasionally stirring on medium heat. Use a spatula to stir. When it has boiled, cook for a minute. Add some coconut oil if you want, instead of the butter, and put the saucepan away from the heat.
Step 2: Add the crunchy peanut butter (or the creamy one), vanilla extract, and quick-cooking oats (or old-fashioned) and slowly fold them in the mixture.
Step 3: Let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Quickly drop spoonfuls of the batter into your parchment paper or prepared baking sheets and let it cool completely down for about 20 minutes.
Using a cookie scoop will make your no-bake cookies round and firm. You can even transfer it to the refrigerator to facilitate the process.
Step 5: You can even store them in an airtight container for months.
Treat your taste buds now!
Some No-Bake Cookie Recipe Tips and Tricks
Be patient. If you are making no-bake cookies for the first time, you may get nervous and think that they are not coming out as expected but trust me, if you follow the steps and be patient, they will turn out beautiful.
Honestly, though, waiting for the cookies to cool down is probably the hardest part of making no-bake cookies.
Use a refrigerator to cool the cookies down. It will make the process faster. Cooling them down without a refrigerator may take about 30 minutes.
Additionally, you can double the quantities mentioned here to make a large number of cookies. Use two large baking sheets for that.
Use butter for the recipe. Margarine may taste nice. I am not suggesting margarine because I have not used it to make no-bake cookies before.
You can use some nuts to give your cookies a crunchy feel. Alternatively, you can also use mini chocolate chips to enrich them.
If you have old-fashioned oats and do not want the fibrous texture, you can quickly use a food processor 2 or 3 times to break them down.
It would help if you stirred the mixture constantly as you cooked over medium heat so that it didn’t get stuck to the bottom of the saucepan.
Make sure you don’t overcook the batter. It will make your no-bake cookies turn out dry and brittle.
Don’t be afraid of experimenting with your cookies. This no-bake cookies recipe calls for butter, but you can always use cream or add shredded coconut to enhance the taste.
Your chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies may not set properly if you do not boil them enough. Timing is the key here since overcooking them will turn them dry. So, be patient and alert. You can also set a timer to keep track of the time.
Benefits of Making No-Bake Cookies
These no-bake cookies are easy to make. You have to mix some ingredients, do a little cooking, drop them onto a baking sheet, and your work is done!
The best benefit is in its name. No-bake cookies do not require baking, so no worries if you do not have access to an oven! You can easily whip up some for a sudden craving.
This can be a nice and fun activity to do with your family and friends.
Drawbacks of No-Bake Cookies
These no-bake cookies may taste great, but if you want the classic cookie flavor, you may be disappointed. No-bake cookies have their unique flavor and are different from baked cookies.
The batter or mixture of the cookies may be a little messy to work with. But I am sure that wouldn’t stop you from trying out this amazing recipe.
Some Alternative Flavours
Instead of the chocolate and peanut butter oatmeal cookies, you can also make the following no-bake cookies recipes to indulge in.
If you want to make chocolate in remarkable ways, find it here.
1. Chocolate Almond No-Bake Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for the recipe
- 2 cups- Chocolate chips: We use melted sweet chocolate chips instead of cocoa powder for the chocolate flavor. Cocoa powder can also be used.
- 2 cups- Milk: Like the previous one, any milk will work well. Use almond milk if you want to make this vegan.
- 1 cup granola or quick oats-: Again, you can use either old-fashioned oats, granola, or quick/instant oats. However, don’t use the raisins.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups mini chocolate chips
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with milk over low heat while stirring continuously.
Step 2: Set it aside and fold in the granola or oats and the chocolate chips.
Step 3: Refrigerate them for 30 minutes or leave them to cool down completely until firm. Now, enjoy!
2. Cherry No-Bake Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for the Recipe
- 2 cups- Sugar: You can use either white or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup- Salted butter
- 1/2 cup- Cocoa powder: You can use the unsweetened one, but it depends on you.
- 1 tablespoon- Vanilla extract- Of course!
- 1 teaspoon- Almond extract: This would add a nice taste to your cookies but is optional.
- 3 cups- Quick oats: Quick or old-fashioned would do.
- 1 jar- finely chopped cherries: Make room for the star of your no-bake cookies!
- Shredded coconut can also be added.
Step 1: Take your medium saucepan again and melt butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa over medium heat. Then, bring to boil while stirring constantly.
Step 2: Remove from heat and fold the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
Step 3: After that, add the oats and the cherries and mix them.
Step 4: Drop the mixture onto your arranged baking sheets and refrigerate until the cookies are firm.
3. No-Bake Ginger Cookies
Let’s look at the Ingredients
- 1 packet/ 8 ounces- Softened cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons- Chocolate frosting
- 4 cups- Ginger cookies
- 3/4 cups- Chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon- ground ginger
- 1/2 cup- Confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon- ground cinnamon
Step 1: Take a large bowl and mix the softened cream cheese, chocolate frosting, ginger cookies, chocolate chips, ginger, and cinnamon.
Step 2: Mix well and roll into balls. Then roll in the confectioners’ sugar.
Step 3: Flatten the cookies using the bottom of a glass. Keep about 1/4 inches thickness.
Step 4: Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm and then take them out. You can store them in between waxed paper in airtight containers for months.
If you freeze the cookies, take them out a little before you eat them. Room temperature no-bake ginger cookies would taste heavenly with your evening tea.
Now that you know four delicious no-bake cookies recipes, the chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal cookies, the chocolate almond cookies, the cherry cookies, and the ginger ones, what are you waiting for? Indulge in this lip-smacking delicacy today with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to upload beautiful and aesthetic pictures to your social media or food blog.
Please tell us which are your favorite no-bake cookies recipes from our list. Share these recipes with others and enjoy some easy to make no-bake cookies today.
If you have your no-bake cookies recipes, feel free to share them with us. We would love to know how to make them.