Chocolates are the comfort food for the soul. Good chocolate feels like a warm hug in bad days. But we wonder how to make chocolate at home. Sometimes the excellent quality store-bought chocolates can be costly, and it might not satisfy our chocolate swings. So, let’s know how to make chocolate easily at home.
There are so many types of chocolate that you could make at home. But for all, there are certain one-time investment things that you would need above the cooking ingredients. For example, you would have to invest in the silicone chocolate molds or could even use a candy mold. These molds last long . You can get a variety of them from the market.
Now going on to how to make chocolates, here are some easy and quick recipes of making different varieties of chocolate.
You might be wondering that chocolates are not suitable for health. Well, check the health benefits of chocolate and start making them at home.
1) Regular Milk Chocolate
Coconut oil, powdered sugar, milk powder, cocoa powder/ Bournvita powder, any dried fruit of your choice, vanilla extract (optional)
- Boil water in a bowl. After the water is boiled, place another container on top of the cooked water bowl in a way that it doesn’t touch the water. This is called a double boiler technique.
- Add one cup of coconut oil to it. Then, add a cup of powdered sugar and half a cup of milk powder. Mix it well in the oil in the double boiler. Once it is mixed well, add cocoa powder or Bournvita powder to it. You need a dropping consistency of the mixture, so add the cocoa powder as required. Add vanilla extract at this point if you are using it.
- After you get a proper dropping consistency and smooth mixture, pour it in the mold of your choice. You can add nuts or dried fruit of your choice and tap the image to smooth the air bubbles. Refrigerate it till the chocolate sets, and your answer to how to make chocolate is ready.
- To add more punch to this pure chocolate, you can add chocolate chips, Oreo cookie bits, tutti-frutti before pouring the mixture to molds.
2) White Chocolate
Cocoa butter, milk powder, powdered sugar
- In the double boiler, add cocoa butter and let it melt. To it, add half a cup of powdered sugar and milk powder. Mix it well. Adjust the consistency by adding more butter or milk powder as necessary.
- Pour the mixture in the mold and freeze it for a few hours. It’s done. And with just three ingredients, a solution to how to make chocolate is right in front of you.
3) Caramel Filled Chocolate
For Caramel Sauce: 1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. Butter, 1.5 cups of milk.
For the chocolate: 1 cup of dark chocolate, ½ cup sweet chocolate and caramel sauce.
For Caramel Sauce:
- In a thick bottomed pan, add 1 cup of sugar and spread it evenly on the container. Remember that the pan MUST have a non-stick base so that the sugar doesn’t stick and burn. Slowly on a low flame, the sugar will start melting. Start stirring it once you see that the sugar is melting. Stir it until it melts completely and turns light brown. If you like caramel sauce to be darker in color, let the sugar cook until it becomes darker in color.
- After the sugar is done, shut off the flame and add around 200 to 250 ml of milk, which is 1¼ cup. DO NOT forget to close the fire because just as you add the milk, the mixture will start coming up. If the light is off, it will not spill out.
- Once the mixture sets down, turn on the flame and mix it well. Add 2 tbsp. Butter to it. Keep stirring it with the help of a wooden spatula until the caramel sauce thickens a little and turns in color. Do not let it get too thick as it thickens naturally after it cools down.
- You could save this caramel sauce in the refrigerator as it’s shelf life is longer. It can be used in many recipes.
So now, let us know how to make chocolate using this caramel sauce.
Making of Chocolate
- Take the dark chocolate compound or milk chocolate and melt it for a minute in an oven or by using the double boiler technique. Do not add maple syrup or honey while tempering chocolate else it will lose the smoothness. Once you melt the compound, grease the chocolate mold with it. Put in in the freezer for 2 to 5 minutes so that it sets well.
- Do a second coat of melted chocolate greasing and refrigerate. To make the outer covering thicker, do a third coat and refrigerate that for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add caramel sauce to all the molds. See that the caramel sauce is at room temperature. Do not fill it with the sauce completely. Keep a little space on top. Refrigerate this for a few minutes and then fill the mold with the melted chocolate. Tap the image so that chocolate spreads evenly.
- Refrigerate until it sets appropriately and de-mold for a tasty option of how to make chocolate.
So, isn’t it natural to get freshly made, self-cooked caramel chocolate?
4) Coconut Chocolate/ Bounty Bar
Who doesn’t love the coconut chocolate which we have been binge eating since childhood? But how to make chocolate, which is as good as the bounty coconut chocolate bar which we get in the market. Well, it’s not much severe. This can be a great dessert at your house parties.
1 tbsp. Ghee/Clarified Butter, 2 to 3 cups of desiccated coconut, around 150 ml milk, sugar as required, chocolate compound 100 to 200 grams.
- So, how to make chocolate which is rich with the flavor of coconut? Your first step is to add ghee to a non-stick or thick bottomed pan. To it, add the desiccated coconut. Keep the flame low to medium to avoid coconut burning. Stir the coconut continuously until the rawness of it goes, and it slightly changes the color.
- Add milk to it at this stage. Keep the flame low to medium only at this stage also. Stir and cook until the coconut absorbs the liquid and becomes dry. See that the coconut mixture doesn’t stay raw.
- Add sugar as per the sweetness you desire at this stage and stir well until it mixes, and the coconut mixture dries out. The combination would be entirely ready when its color changes a bit, and it leaves the sides of the pan and comes together.
- Let it leave the heat and cool slightly. Once the coconut mixture is warm enough to touch, give it the shape of balls or bar as per your choice. Make sure the mixture does not get completely cool else; it will be tough to give it away.
- Once all the balls are shaped, refrigerate them for 30 to 60 minutes. By that time, melt dark compound chocolate or milk compound chocolate as per your choice with the help of a double boiler or in the oven. Remember to temper chocolate well so that there are no lumps. To this melting chocolate, you can add dried fruits or rice crispies. You could also use some sprinkles.
- Once the coconut balls are chilled enough, dip them in the warm melted chocolate. Repeat the step for all the coconut balls. You can add the sprinkles of your choice at this point or even top the bar with caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate until it sets well and tadaa! Your coconut chocolate bar or coconut balls, just like the bounty bar, are ready. Isn’t this recipe of how to make chocolate fun and exciting?
5) Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
One of the most loved and fancy chocolates which is highly preferred for gifting. But can you make it at home? Well, yes. Here is how to make chocolate, which is a perfect gifting option. You can adjust the recipe according to the ingredients and dried fruits of your choice. Let’s jump to the elements and methods.
Nutella, Cashew nuts, hazelnuts, milk chocolate compound, round waffles.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a non-stick pan on a low flame. Roast it until they turn light brown. Keep a few roasted hazelnuts aside and make a coarse powder of the remaining hazelnuts in a mixture grinder.
- Similarly, make the coarse powder of cashew nuts. Mix the ground hazelnuts and cashew nuts in a bowl. See to it that you do not make the powder very fine, or else the bite of the nuts will be gone.
- Melt the milk compound with the help of a double boiler technique or microwave for a minute. In a separate bowl, take 2-3 tablespoon of melted milk chocolate and add the same amount of Nutella to it.
- Now take the round wafers and roasted hazelnuts. Fill the waffle with the Nutella and melted chocolate mixture and place a roasted hazelnut in it. Fill another waffle with the dough and put it on top of the first one making an enclosed ball. Repeat the process and make such balls as required.
- To the mixture of just melted milk chocolate, add the mixture of ground hazelnuts and cashew nuts. Mix it well.
- Now add the wafer balls to this mixture and coat it properly. Repeat the process for all the waffle balls. Place them in a tray and refrigerate for an hour or two. Your homemade Ferrero Rocher chocolate is ready.
You can make more balls and cover it with wrapper and store in your freezer. These would not spoil for at least a month. Binge eat these while thinking about how to make chocolate of other types.
You can add these Ferrero Rocher balls in the making of cake or shakes.
Here are different varieties of chocolates which you can make at home. And not just a few but 23 types of how to make chocolate at home.
6) Fudge Chocolate
Fudge chocolate or chocolate fudge is trendy among people as it contains the softness like brownies and also a bite like chocolates. There are many types of fudge chocolate that you can make, and this will be a satisfying answer to your question of how to make chocolate.
For some innovative Fudge ideas, check this video.
Paan/Betel Fudge Chocolate
- Take a non-stick pan and add white chocolate, butter, and condensed milk to it. On a low flame, keep stirring it until it mixes well. Once you get a smooth mixture, add a pinch of green/red food color to it. Add green/red paan/betel masala, which is readily available in the market. Mix it well until the mixture absorbs all the flavor and color.
- Pour the mixture in a greased tray, which is a little deep. You can also use chocolate molds. Spread the mixture evenly. Over it, you can sprinkle some colorful sprinkles, tutti-frutti, grated white chocolate, or dried fruits. Refrigerate it for a few hours. Demold the entire block once it is set correctly.
- Cut it in smaller chocolate like pieces and its ready.
Cookies and Cream Chocolate Fudge
If you’re thinking about how to make chocolate, which will be loved by kids, then here is the perfect answer. You can never go wrong with cookies and cream for kids. Even the adults love it due to its mixed softness and crunchiness.
- To make this chocolate fudge, you just need three ingredients. White chocolate, Condensed milk, and cookies like Oreo, Hide and Seek or any other of your choice.
- Crush the cookies into small chunks. Do not let it be too lumpy or too powdery.
- In a pan, add white chocolate compound and condensed milk. Stir it continuously on a low flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. Once the mixture becomes warm, add the crushed cookies and mix it well.
- Now you just have to pour the mixture in the mold of your choice and refrigerate until it sets properly. Your cookies and cream fudge chocolate are ready.
Dry Fruit Chocolate Fudge
- Melt dark chocolate or milk chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Add 2 tbsp. of butter and half a cup of condensed milk to it. Stir it well until it mixes properly.
- Now, just add your choice of dried fruits to it. Pistachio, Almonds, cashews, walnuts, and others. You can cut them small and add it to the mixture. Once the mixture is poured in molds, you can top it with 1-2 pieces of full dried fruits.
If you wish to know how to make chocolate from scratch, i.e., from cacao seeds to chocolate at home, watch this video.
This way, you can make as many fudge chocolate combinations as you wish to make. Just think of your favorite flavor or combination and make fudge chocolate.
See how to make chocolate at home easily can be no more just a thought. You might feel making chocolate at home a hassle in the beginning. But once you get the hang of it and get used to the ingredients, you are always going to keep your refrigerator stacked of homemade chocolates.
Originally posted 2020-08-18 03:00:04.