If you are visiting Kyoto and thinking about where to stay in Kyoto, you came to the right place. This article will provide you with every facet of information about the neighborhood of Kyoto.
Kyoto is one of the most historical and traditional places in Japan. If you are interested in the culture of Japan, this should be the top city on your list.
The city gained popularity due to multiple shrines, Buddhist temples, and the imperial palaces’ fascinating design. The best season to visit Kyoto is the hot spring, the season of cherry blossom. You would find nothing beautiful than Kyoto in spring.
Let see ‘where to stay in Kyoto’ if you visit the place.
Where to Stay in Kyoto?
Kyoto is a pretty big city and has lots of fantastic places to visit. Even natives like to take trips to the area frequently.
Kyoto is one of the biggest cities in Japan, and the prefecture divides into many districts like Central Kyoto, Geisha district, Himshagaya, and many more. We shall look at the best area where you should stay?
We will consider why you should stay in this district, and all will give you the perfect answer to where to stay in Kyoto.
It is a downtown district in Kyoto. This district is well built and contrasts with the traditional built of Kyoto.
You can find some fantastic shrines, gardens, and palaces at this place. It also consists of some of the best ryokans and hotels to stay in Kyoto. The neighborhood is pretty safe, and the nightlife is adorable.
There is a train station, an airport, and a subway line in Kawaramachi. You can visit various places because all the tourist places are within walking distance.
Why and where to stay in the Kyoto district, Kawaramachi?
Following are the highlights of the downtown district of Kyoto –
- Nishiki Market – you can find the best traditional shops and food in this locality.
- Nijo Castle – The beautiful design place with an interesting historical background and serene to the visitors.
- Kamogawa River –: When you will visit this beautiful lake, you will get mesmerized by it. However, the history of it is a little dark. This same lake was the reason that this whole district may have gotten destroyed due to the flood it caused.
- Yasaka Shrine –: It is famous for celebrating the festival Gion Matsuri.
- Koto International manga museum –: One of the most enjoyable museums due to its distinct collection of items.
- Shim-Puh Kan – The area sponsors a lot of concerts and fills with many shops and restaurants.
- Pontocha Alley –: The famous place to spend some quality time in the night.
Gion and Southern Higashiyama
The Higashiyama falls more into the category of traditional than modern. There are several shrines and temples located in this place. Gion is said to have one of the best nightlife and very good for night walking.
This district is within a minute walk distance to Kamo River. Further, what enhances this district’s beauty is the street and how well designed the city structure is.
Why and where to stay in Kyoto district, Gion, and Southern Higashiyama?
Following are the highlights of the Gion district of Kyoto.
- Chion-ni Temple – it is a Buddhist Temple. The main highlights of the temple are its gigantic gate and massive main hall.
- The Path of Philosophy -: The scene of this street is like an anime. The sides fill with cherry blossom, and there is a small stream flowing to create a perfect sightseeing place.
- The Kyoto National Museum –: You can see how immense is the scope of Japanese art is there in this Museum. It depicts some of the best historical related moments and traditions of Japan.
- Gion district –: It is widely known for providing some of the best ryokans and hotels in Kyoto to stay.
- Maruyama-Koen Park – This is one of the most serene places in the city. A perfect place to take an evening walk.
- Kiyomizu-Dera Temple – The temple is pretty huge and one of the best landmarks of the district.
- Simba-dori –: It claims to the most beautiful street in Asia.
It covers the western parts of Kyoto. If you are thinking of where to stay in Kyoto, this place is high on the list. Everything about this district seems magical due to the wide variety of flora and hills surrounding the area.
It is situated on the outskirts of Kyoto and has a very contrasting topography to the rest on the list. You can find some of the best Japanese food at this place.
Why and where to stay in the Kyoto district, Arashiyama?
Following are the highlights of the Arashiyama district of Kyoto.
- Arashiyama Bamboo Grove –: This is the highlight of the Arashiyama district that strikes with the heart of every man or woman that visits this place. You will have a change in your mind after visiting this place.
- Tenryu-Ji Temple –: This place is widely famous because of the Shigetsu. You can taste shojin-ryori at Shigetsu, which is one of the best cuisines for Japanese Buddhists.
- Arashiyama Boat Rental -: You can rent the boat and take an experience of the riverbank of Arashiyama.
- Kameyama-Koen Park –: the place is full of monkeys and less of people. If you are an animal lover, it is best to place to visit Arashiyama for you.
It is the northern district of Kyoto. Northern Higashiyama is a peaceful place to stay and sightseeing around. It is famous for its diverse outlook giving every sense of the combination between traditional and modern Japan.
The crowd is quite ordinary here, and you can find it quite comfortable to travel. This area is quite pleasant for day trips. One of the best highlights of the place is the Zen garden in Ryoan-Ji.
Why and where to stay in Kyoto district, Northern Higamshiya?
Following are the highlights of the Nothern Higamshiya in Kyoto.
- Ryoan-Ji Temple – the temple is peaceful and lovely for walking. This temple is famous for its Zen garden. It is most of the tourist place due to the parks.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace –: It is the reconstruction of the original Emperor’s residence. This residence fills with the historical background of Kyoto. You will find some authentic, epic stories and living standards of the past Japanese era.
- Enryaku-Ji – It situates on the uplifted ground. The monastery locates on Mount Hiel. Some who is like to explore Buddhism or are the Buddhist would love to visit this place.
- Golden Pavillion –: It is inside Kikaku-Ji and is the highlight of the place. It considers being one of the best places to visit by a tourist in Japan.
Southeast Kyoto District
This district is famous because of its extraordinary visuals. You can find some of the best temples and shrines in Japan at this place.
It is at the southern end of the Higashiyama Mountain. This area is famous for the most popular Fushimi Inari Shrine.
The district is considered the richest when it comes to the sightseeing place. You would find everything in this area.
Why and where to stay in Kyoto district, Southeast Kyoto district?
Following are the highlights of the Southeast Kyoto district of Kyoto –
- Fushimi-Inari-Taisha Shrine –: This is one of the most valuable places in Kyoto. It is unique due to the filming of the last memoir of Geisha. This shine is considered the most important shrine of the city.
- Tofuku-Ji Temple – This temple is not crowded unless it is in the fall season. The temple is famous for its design. It is quite large as a landmark and consists of breathtaking gardens.
- Sennyu-Ji – This temple is different from the rest as it locates in the mountain. You may need to travel a little bit more to see it. However, the sight of it is worth seeing.
Now, as you have seen the best areas to stay in Kyoto, we will provide you with the best option where you can stay and rest after long tourism.
Place where to stay in Kyoto.
The hotels in Kyoto are spectacular. You can find some of the best hotels in a different range of budget that perfectly suits you.
However, if you are going to Japan, you would like to stay in a place where you can experience their culture.
For this, you should stay in ryokans. It is the best Japanese style of accommodation in Kyoto.
It is a luxurious traditional inn in the Japanese style. It is available in different ranges of price. You will find comfort at the place and get the best Japanese services.
You should not miss the chance to live at the ryokans if you are going to Kyoto. Some of the best ryokans in Kyoto are Kyoto Machiya Fukune, Nazuna Kyoto Nijo-jo, Yachiyo, and many more.
Ryokans is the best answer to where to stay in Kyoto.
Click the link here to find some of the best ryokans in Kyoto.
Kyoto is a big city and has many districts to stay in. it is difficult to choose where to stay in Kyoto while visiting it. The article helps you and become the perfect guide for you to find the best place to stay in Kyoto.
The Kyoto summarizes both the traditional and modern Japanese style and will provide you with some of the best shrines, temples, gardens, and imperial palaces to visit. You can have some of the best times in Kyoto.
I hope you can find this article enjoyable and get information about where to stay in Kyoto.
Click here to read more articles like this.