When you click through from our site to a retailer and buy a product, we may earn affiliate commissions. This helps support our work, but does not affect what we cover or how, and it does not affect the price you pay.
Wish to make easy gluten free cake? This article serves you right.
Gluten free cake recipes are a real demand now. It excludes specific proteins in its formula. These cakes are good for health and are loved by many.
What is gluten?
Gluten is a group of specific proteins. They are found in cereals. Typical wheat bread contains 85% of proteins. Gluten is common in popular fast foods like pasta and pizza.
People who have celiac disease face an immediate reaction to gluten. They can’t consume any kind of gluten food. Gluten food damages their intestinal tracts.
The cake is unavoidable, especially when it’s your favorite. But you can avoid getting intestinal tracts above because we got you covered.
Let’s check some of the incredible gluten free cake recipes that shall melt in your mouth.
7 Easy Gluten Free Cake Recipes
1. The Sweet Winter Ginger, Pear, and Almond Cake
This sweet cake is quite different from a layered cake. The name almond cake doesn’t mean that it requires almond milk. It is a flourless, upside-down cake that uses ground almonds. Very rarely, cakes are flourless and taste heavenly. They contain excellent dry ingredients.
This gluten free cake serves up to 16 people. The base comprises ginger poached pears that are sweet and satisfying. Also, it is dairy-free for the ones who are lactose intolerant.
- 200 grams of butter
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- Four eggs
- 220 grams ground almonds instead of flour
To make caramel ginger pears, you will need 300 grams of ginger, one vanilla pod, 500 grams of castor sugar, four pears, and 200 grams of butter.
- Peel and grate the ginger for the pears. Split the vanilla pod, and throw out the seed. Place them all together in a pan.
- On the pan, add 400 grams of sugar and 700 ml of water. Boil and simmer it for some time, to let the flavors develop.
- Use a spoon to immerse the pears into the boiled liquid. Simmer for 10 minutes until it turns soft.
- Separate the pears from the liquid and keep them aside to cool.
- Upon a greaseproof paper (also called as cake making paper), line a base of 25 cm cake.
- Combine 150 grams of sugar and 100 ml water in a pan over a high flame. Simmer it for 15 minutes, until you see a dark golden brown color.
- Continue stirring the butter to make a caramel. After this, pour it onto the cake tin.
- Slice the cooled pears, arrange them carefully in hot caramel.
- Leave the oven to preheat at 180 degrees Celcius or the gas at 4 points.
- To make the cake, beat the sugar and butter together using a whisk, beat it until it’s smooth.
- Add eggs one by one. Also, add almonds and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the pears. Let it bake inside the oven for 35 minutes. When it’s firm, you can safely take it out.
- Leave the cake to cool for a few minutes. Then, remove the tin and flip it upside down.
Your cake is ready to be served. Enjoy the sweet winter ginger, pear, and almond cake with your family.
2. The Elegant Raw Chocolate Cake
Here is something for the vegans. This gluten free cake recipe is elegant and delicious and filled with chocolate.
It is a vegan chocolate cake with real indulgence. If you could gather a few bee pollen, it’s best for deep honey burst flavors.
- 300 grams of pecan peanut
- 150 grams of Medjool dates
- Three tablespoons of raw honey
- 150 grams of dried figs
- Five tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- One and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract.
For the base, raw honey acts as a replacement for eggs. You need hazelnuts and cocoa powder. Icing requires coconut oil, cocoa powder, raw dark nectar. Bee pollens are optional.
- On a cake tin, with greaseproof line 25 cm.
- For the base, shave the cocoa butter into a tiny bowl. Place it onto another a large bowl, to heat and melt. Remember, it melts at 34 degrees Celcius.
- Mix the hazelnuts in a mixture machine, add other base ingredients, and cover the tin. Wait until all is finely processed.
- Mix the pecan nuts until smooth, add the processed ingredients. Blitz it well all together. Relax for 3 hours until all blends together.
- After this, combine the icing mixtures and wait for 20 minutes. Let it settle a little bit.
- Use a knife to remove the cake out of the tin. With the help of a palette knife, spread the icing over the cake. If you have bee pollen, use it over the cake.
Your elegant raw chocolate cake is ready. Dark nectars offer a raw flavor. It’s a perfect alternative to a sweet chocolate cake.
3. The Unique Flourless Chocolate Cake
Here is another gluten free, vegan cake for you. It requires chocolate frosting similar to date with chocolate. It’s a gluten free baking that offers flourless, moist, and delicious flavors.
The unique flourless chocolate cake is perfect for a Christmas party or afternoon tea. It can serve up to 10 people.
- 200 grams of unsalted butter; keep extra for greasing,
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- A spoon of strong coffee
- 6 large eggs
- 250 grams of golden sugar
- 70 grams of cocoa powder. Keep aside extra for dusting.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees Celcius or the gas nob at 3. Grease the cake tin with butter and line 20 cm with greaseproof paper.
- Use a heatproof bowl, place it over medium flame, pour water, and simmer it. Chop the chocolates, add them into the bowl together with butter. Allow it to melt, stir for few times until its glossy.
- Move the bowl and stir the coffee. Keep it aside to cool.
- Take a large bowl and separate the egg yolk from the whites. Whisk the egg yolks until it’s smooth.
- Add sugar into yolk bowl and mix for 7 minutes. Use cocoa powder and salt as a combination.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture, fold it through the egg whites.
- Pour it in the cake tin, place the container inside the hot oven. Let it bake for 1 hour.
- Take it out, allow it to cool. Use cocoa powder and strawberries for dusting.
Serve it hot in cake pans. The unique flourless chocolate cake will surely melt in your mouth.
4. The Delicious Orange and Polenta Cake
This is another delicious orangey cake that bakes at room temperature. No flour is required, but a gluten free baking powder.
It provides a mouth-watering flavor and offers a tangy taste, and the syrup is delicious.
- 3 Eggs
- Vanilla essence,
- Ground almonds,
- Orange blossom water
- Gluten free baking powder
To make syrup,
- Cardamom pods
- Orange juice
- Golden sugar
- Orange blossom water.
- Preheat the oven at room temperature. Grease a 25 cm line on cake tin. Cover the sides with greaseproof paper and grease again.
- Take a large bowl, use it to beat the butter and sugar. Make it more light and creamy. Beat the eggs in the mixture, add vanilla essence, and stir it.
- Use a small bowl to mix ground almonds, polenta, oranges, baking powder, orange blossom water. Stir all together well.
- Pour the mixture carefully into the cake tin. Bake it for 45 to 50 minutes. Check until the upper surface turns light brown.
- After it’s baked, place out the cake from the oven, and keep it aside to cool. Carefully place the cake on a plate. Since its fragile, handle it carefully.
- For the syrup, crush the cardamom pods and add all the required ingredients in a pan. Simmer it over medium-low flame for 10 minutes. Thicken the syrup and keep aside for cooling.
- Brush the cake gently with the syrup.
Your cake is ready to be tasted. Serve it along with yogurt or extra syrup for best results.
5. Lemonade Gluten Free Cake
The lemonade cake is enriched with a citrusy flavor. It’s a complete gluten free flour blend and dairy-free cake. The cake tastes heavenly with citrus icing on top.
- Dairy-free margarine
- Plain gluten free flour. ( Keep extra for dusting purpose)
- Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Lemons and oranges
- Gluten free baking powder.
- Xantham gum
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celcius or the gas nob at 4. Grease a 20 cm line on a cake tin. Use a greaseproof paper, dust the edges with gluten free flour.
- Beat the sugar and margarine for 5 minutes in a bowl. Make it fluffy.
- Add the eggs in the bowl. Use the lemon and orange zest to add it. Mix well to combine it.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, and xantham gum into a large bowl. Stir the lemon and orange juice together and create a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the cake tin. Smooth the edges, and place it into the oven. Don’t remove until it’s golden brown.
- Keep aside to cool for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely while you start icing.
- Combine the icing sugar with zest and juice. Pour the icing on the cooled cake, add more orange and lemon zest.
Serve the best lemonade cake. Treat your loved ones with this delicious cake.
Do check out how much sugar you should eat in a day.
6. Christmas Fiesta Apple Cake
This gluten free cake is perfect for Christmas celebration. It creates a festive spirit with the use of cinnamon, apples, ginger, and nutmeg.
It’s a super easy recipe that can serve up to 12 people.
- Butter, keep it extra for greasing.
- Sweet apples
- Medjool dates
- 4 Eggs
- Gluten free bread flour
- Ground almonds
- Gluten free baking powder
- Cinnamon and ginger
- Nutmeg and pine nuts
- Demarara sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celcius or the gas nob at 4. Grease the line at 25 cm in the cake tin. Use a greaseproof paper.
- Chop the apples and cut the butter into cubes. Use the food processor to combine apples, butter, and raisins well. Remove it and keep it in a bowl.
- Add eggs and use one-third of the apple mixture in the bowl.
- Take a separate bowl, mix almonds, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, and ginger. Grate the nutmeg, add the apple mixture, and combine. Mix the flour and egg alternately until all are mixed.
- Fold the left out raisins. Pour it into the cake tin.
- Use another bowl to combine pine nuts, sugar, and gluten free bowl. Scatter this mixture over the cake. Bake for 60 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Remove the cake and keep it aside to cool.
Munch the tasty apple cake. Invite your friends and have a great Christmas.
7. The Munch-on Carrot Cake
Have you heard of a carrot cake? It needs a zesty cheese icing that will melt in your mouth. This is an excellent gluten free cake that tastes better with a cup of tea.
Have a look at the recipe.
- Unsalted butter for greasing
- Gluten free flour
- 2 Eggs
- Brown sugar
- Sunflower oil
- Ginger and cinnamon
- Apple, carrots, and orange
- Softened butter
- Icing sugar
- Cream cheese
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees Celcius or gas nob at 5. Grease the cake tin with butter, dust the edges with gluten free flour. Use a greaseproof paper.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl. Add sugar and oil as you mix the grated apples and carrots into the mixture. Add orange zest, juice, and sultanas. Mix it well.
- After this, pour the mixture into a cake tin. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove it and keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Make the icing with butter, sugar, orange zest, and cream cheese.
- Decorate the cake with icing. Sprinkle the walnuts on top for a better look.
Your munch-on carrot cake is ready. Have a delicious afternoon party.
So these were the ultimate list of gluten free cake recipes. Each recipe has proper guidelines. You don’t need to waste time searching for a suitable recipe. This article has it all.
Follow the steps to make a proper, delicious cake. These cakes are ideal for any type of occasion. They are entirely gluten free and better for health. If your suffering from gluten sickness or any of your loved ones, these recipes are handy.
If you like this article, then surely comment. Let us know which are your favorite recipes among these.