Let’s talk about teenage! Teenage is supposed to be the most fun time of your life. You get to do things that you can never get away with as an adult or a kid. As a child, we cannot wait to become a teenager and adults just want to go back to their teenage years. Let’s read up on some pros and cons of being a teenager, shall we?
Pros of being a teenager:
- You are young, wild and free- Young, yes. Life has just begun! There’s so many things to do, new people to meet, things to discover. Sounds exciting, doesn’t it? Teenagers can’t have the freedom the adults get but the little amount they do get, they make the most out of it.
- You can get away with almost everything- You are not an adult yet. You are not responsible for your actions, yet. You can do anything and blame your hormones or your immaturity for it. You’ll get a second chance at life.
- Less responsibilities- You live inside this protective bubble made by your parents and teachers. You do not have to face the real world just yet. The little responsibilities as a teenager you do get are the best! They make you feel all grown up but you do not have to face the consequences. Best of both worlds!
- The memories you make- Whatever stupid and crazy things you do in your teenage, you will remember. When you grow up and the world seems grey, these memories will make things better. You’ll also want to kick yourself for being really stupid but that’s fun too.
- You know what’s cool and what’s not- The only time you feel like you know more than adults is when it comes to the latest gadgets, the coolest sitcoms and other great things the world has to offer. Adults, well, they do not get the time to care. But then, you win, so yayy!
Cons of being a teenager:
- High School- Talking about high school can make some nostalgic while others may cringe. You are surrounded by mean, immature people who make fun of everyone to feel good about themselves. Good grades, the drama, sanity- there is just so much to handle.
- Peer pressure- All a teenager wants is to fit in. For that, they often listen to their friends and take the wrong decisions. They do things that they do not really want to do, just to feel accepted. While there are few who survive this, many ruin their lives this way.
- No one takes you seriously- Teenage is when you are expected to behave like adults but are treated like kids. People assume that teenagers are up to no good and can never make sensible decisions.
- Hormones- Like school wasn’t making it hard enough, you get hit by puberty. Your body starts changing, your hormones make you feel weird, you get pimples and acne. Also, teenage angst.
- The constant need to have fun- The media tells you that this is the best time of your lives and you need to make memories and have fun. But then, you spend your Friday nights doing your homework. You feel like you are missing out on so much and that stresses you out.