Want to share some friends for life quotes with your best friend? Scroll down.
True friendship is one of the most beautiful and peaceful relationships one has with a person. In other words, friends are the people who you choose to be your family.
Friendships are one of those things which have a huge impact on our lives. Friendships help us from withering away; it helps us blossom in ways we never thought we could.
It adds a significant amount of love, concern, and happiness to our lives. Every relationship is based on friendship.
Be it a relationship with your parents, spouse, or co-worker; if we base our relationship on friendship, it creates a sense of better understanding.
Friends are the ones that add meaning to our lives; without them, our lives may seem tedious. They make us feel lighter during our agonies and adversity; they stand by us and support us throughout.
Well, frankly, it gets hard to paint friendships in words because that bond is beyond any elucidation.
However, with words, we can try to express our emotions; we can try to tell our friends how we feel about them.
And while doing so, some friends for life quotes come in handy. So, in this article, we will enumerate some of the best friends for life quotes that you can dedicate to your best friends for life and tell them how much they mean to you.
Friends For Life Quotes & Sayings
Sometimes, it is important that we give an expression of our feelings to our friends; we let them know how much we value them.
Because friends enrich our lives in many ways, they do not just offer a shoulder to lean on but are just as important as anything else that keeps us going.
People who stand right next to us no matter how hard the times are, who endure us without any complaints, be a source of strength to us, are the ones we call our friends for life.
And for those people, some quotes will help you verbalize your sentiments and fondness better.
So, without any further ado, let us look over some of the best friends for life quotes and sayings.
We have divided these quotes into different categories for better convenience, so first, let us check out:
A. Cute Best Friend Quotes & Sayings
1. “Things are never quite as scary when you have got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
Life sometimes can get rugged and bumpy. But when you have a got a best friend, there is nothing to worry about because even the worse of things doesn’t feel quite as scary as it actually is with them around.
2. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
When your life runs smooth as butter, and you have everything to offer, you will find a lot of people wanting to be your friends, but the moment things go south, they will find excuses to be not there.
But the ones who still settle on despite everything are your friends for life.
3. “We weren’t sisters [or brothers] by birth, but we knew from the start, fate brought us together to be sisters [or brothers] by heart.” – Elderberry’s Designs
It is legit that we do not get the chance to come down in favor of who our family will be. We are just born into one.
But our friends who’ve stayed are the family that we pick out for ourselves. We are not related by blood but are connected by our faith in each other.
4. “Love is beautiful, but friendship is better.” –
Well, friendship is actually the foundation of every relationship. Sure, being in love is beautiful but being someone’s friend or having friends for life is peaceful.
It is more comforting than anything else in the world.
5. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow Wilson
Friendship is one of the long-lasting and deep-rooted bonds people have with each other. It is the only thing that can unify people from all over the world and knit them together.
6. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.” – Winnie-the-Pooh
A day without friends feels deserted and bland. Just like without honey, Winnie the Pooh is incomplete; we are incomplete without our friends too.
7. “Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.” – Richard Bach
Our friends know us inside out. There is a beautiful discovery true friends always make. A true friend will take some moments to build a connection.
However, other people might know us longer, but they will never know us the way our friends do.
8. “That was what a best friend did: hold up a mirror and show you your heart.” – Kristin Hannah
Friends are those people in our lives who bring us into being. With friends, we do not live in fear of being our real selves. They make us see our true selves.
9. “If you live to be a 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – Joan Powers
This is another one of the famous friends for life sayings by Winnie the Pooh. Once we have great friends in our life, we never want to be distant from each other.
We cannot even be under the impression of living a single day without them in it.
B. Short Best Friend Quotes And Sayings
10. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Jenna Evans Welch
Good friends are rare, just as rare as a four-leaf clover. And you happen to come across such friends; then you indeed are lucky because not everyone finds a good friend.
11. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
True Friendship isn’t something you can learn by reading books. It isn’t something someone else can teach you the meaning of.
Only true friends can define it and the relationship is far beyond any elucidation. It is something you learn yourself over the years by meeting people.
12. “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house, and then you both just take a nap.” –
People share very close and intimate bonds with their friends. Sometimes they do not even need to have a conversation going because they get comfortable with the silences too.
13. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life—and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” – Dean Koontz
Well, for most people, old friends are the only best thing in their life because they are the only ones who stick with us through thick and thin.
Their support through the good and bad lays the foundation for the relationship to flourish.
14. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
Not everyone will stay with you when things get rough because not everyone is a real friend. A real friend is the one who sticks by no matter what happens.
15. “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” – Proverbs 27:9
Friends touch our souls in ways we will never know. They make us alive and happy. With a good friend around, our soul feels happy and loved.
16. “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” – Helen Keller
Nothing can come between two friends, not even distance. Time and place may set apart old friends physically, but true friends are never apart in the heart.
17. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
You all must have heard the famous quotation, “a friend in need, is a friend indeed.” But have you ever fathomed what this means? It means that there isn’t anything greater in this world than the company of a true friend who stands with you.
That friendship is your real asset. And the luckiest are those who have such friends.
18. “And what is a friend? More than a father, more than a brother: a traveling companion, with him, you can conquer the impossible, even if you must lose it later. Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
Friendship is all about life-long companionship, love, and concern. It doesn’t come with any expectations, any demands, or any complaints.
It is one of the greatest gifts you will ever receive.
19. “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” – Chelsea Handler
Friendships leave marks in a person’s life deeper than love because with friendship comes great understanding and affection. Love can be intimidating and beautiful, but friendship gives you the peace you need.
It’s soothing to your soul.
20. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
With your true friends, you do not always need to be doing something exciting to be happy because, with true people, you can even find joy in the simplest of moments.
C. Funny Best Friend Quotes
When it comes to a sense of humor, nobody gets it better than your friends. So, it’s time to celebrate your friendships with some terrible puns and humorous friends for life quotes.
21. “Best friend: the one that you can be mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.”
Well, no matter how bad the fight is, you cannot stay mad at your best friend for a very long time because they are the ones with all your dirty secrets.
And you can not go a day without telling them things about your own destiny, the cat you saw at the bus stop or even spill tea about the so-called “friend”.
22. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
Your old friends know all about you, the good and the bad, and accept you the way you are. A true friend will always be your friend no matter how silly or stupid you are because that’s what friends do; they always see the best in you and pay no heed to the rest.
23. “Best friends. Because if anyone else heard our conversations we’d end up in the mental hospital.”
This one is one of the top friends for life quotes to dedicate someone with whom you have crazy conversations.
There’s a reason why two people become best friends. Being a loyal friend means mastering the art of being weird and shameless with each other; they can be totally crazy with each other without letting the world know.
24. “We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.”
Well, if you want to let your friends know how close you people have become, this is one of the best choices from friends for life quotes.
As the years go by, sometimes we do not even remember how we became friends with our best friend in the first place.
25. “God made up best friends because he knew our mom couldn’t handle us as sisters.”
A person can go totally crazy when he is with his friends. And together, handling two crazies in the same family is not possible, so this is why fate made those two people friends rather than siblings.
So this is all for the friends for life quotes. If you have great friends, do share these quotes with them and let them know how you feel about them.
And more importantly, never lose a friend. Friendship is something that we should always treasure because friends help us find meaning and purpose in life. They help us stay healthy, happy, and live longer.
Friendships increase our sense of belonging, and they make us feel stronger than we actually are.
So, always value and appreciate the presence of your friends. You do not get great friends every day.
I hope you enjoyed reading all the friends for life quotes that we have listed here. Do tell us which one is your favorite quote and why. You can write to us in the comment section.
This is Kritika. A 23-year-old biotechnology student by the day, and a writer/poet 24/7.