He loves discipline, she loves to ride her scooter, he loves to dress up simple yet sober, she loves to rule the house. They both were totally different, yet they are the most sorted out couple of the Bolly-town. Happy Anniversary to the Action king and his Queen. Yes, you guessed it right. I am talking about Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia, aka Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna, Mrs Funnybones. Let’s have a look at their journey.
- Born on September 9th 1927, the Virgo dude started his journey as a dancer, chef, and stuntman. He got his first break as a martial arts trainer in Mahesh Bhatt’s “Aaj”, and then it was never looking back for the “SIDHE SADHE AKSHAY AKSHAY!. Starting from “Saugandh” to the “Khiladi series”, he rocked the tinsel town with his stunts and action scenes.
- Mrs Funnybones, aka Tina Jatin Khanna, a Capricon by birth, came to this earth on 29th December 1973. Being the daughter of the famous Rajesh Khanna and Dimple Kapadia, Twinkle Khanna was called “Teapot” in her school as she was a little chubby. She loved reading and thus left acting to pursue her passion for interior designing and writing. Today she owns her own boutique named “The White Window” in Mumbai.
- Akshay and Twinkle first met at a photoshoot with Jayesh Seth for Filmfare, and after that, Akshay truly and madly fell for the brown-eyed beauty. Look at this picture, do they not look like the cutest couple out there?
- Akshay was famous for his “Playboy” image, starting from Pooja Batra to Shilpa Shetty; he had dated almost all the leading ladies of Bollywood during the ’90s. But things took a u-turn during the shooting of “International Khiladi”, and on January 17th 2001, they both exchanged the vows to be together forever. And since then, Akki-Twinkle never failed to charm us with their inseparable love.
- In the chat show “Koffee With Karan“, Akshay revealed that Twinkle actually had a condition before marrying him. She said that she would marry him if her upcoming movie failed to storm the box office. Fortunately, the movie failed miserably and thus, on January 17th, they had a low profile wedding in the presence of few close family members. Well, Aamir khan actually filmed the entire wedding ceremony of this duo. Their 15 years of married life was not at all smooth, they faced many ups and downs, but Twinkle’s strong-minded attitude and Akshay’s punctuality made it possible for them to brave all those obstacles.
- If martial arts taught him punctuality, then marrying his favourite heroine from the Bollywood world actually gave him the best days of his life. He confessed in an interview that the thought of marrying Twinkle actually changed his life. Not only this, but her entry also made huge differences in his wardrobe. Initially, Akshay was a very disorganized person, but Twinkle Khanna made him an organized man after his marriage.
- Our Mrs Funnybones credits all her punctuality and fitness to Akshay. She loves coffee, and he likes beetroot juice. She rarely watches movies, and Akshay is a movie buff, they both are totally different individuals with different upbringing, but still, there is something that binds them together, and, i.e. their practical thinking.
- On 15th September 2002, they welcomed their first child, “Aarav Kumar” and after 10 years, i.e. on 25th September 2012, the super stylish couple welcomed their second child Nitara Kumar Bhatia. Well, you will be in total “aww” to know that Nitara calls her father “Akki Beta”. See the two tattoos, *blink blink*.
Well, they both (Akshay and Twinkle) love their family a lot and never celebrate their birthdays without their kids. Akshay wakes up at 4’o clock in the morning and finishes his shooting by 7 am to spend most of his time with his kids and family. Twinkle never publishes an article before getting it verified (read) by her superbly talented husband. They both love each other, laugh with each other, tease each other and above all, believe in each other. Enjoy some moments from their life below. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO AKKI-TWINKLE.
Sarnali is a graduate in Mass Communication who loves to click-write-post. She is a writer for ICY Tales and an explorer by nature. She finds new ideas and different topics to share with the media. She explores and learns about interesting and inspirational people and shares about them on the platform.
She is a hidden gem who writes on almost every interesting genre. From life motivations to historical facts, she can give her readers a good time while discovering and learning about the things that revolve around life.