How to stop facial hair growth in females naturally? This is one of the most asked questions of females who face excessive facial hair growth. Hair is almost in every body part in both males and females. But hair in females is light as peach fuzz, but in males, it is dark and thick in the form of beards and mustaches.
Some females face excessive hair growth due to hormonal changes in their bodies. They face a lot of unwanted hair, mostly seen on their face.
Women sometimes suffer from excessive facial hair growth and spend a lot of time managing hair growth problems.
So, if you are here to learn the simple answer to ‘how to stop facial hair growth in females naturally?’, keep reading till the end.
1. Why Do Females Face a Lot of Hair Growth?
Hair growth is seen in most females, but we are talking about unwanted hair growth due to hirsutism.
1.1. What Do You Mean by Hirsutism?
Hirsutism is when women face excessive hair growth on the face or other body parts, usually seen in men.
The hair growth is dark and covers most of the body parts.
1.2. What Causes Hirsutism?
Male hormones called androgen are present in males and females. But these hormones are found lesser in females than males. Hirsutism occurs when androgen is produced in higher amounts in women.
Some females produce androgen, so they face problems of excessive hair on the face and body.
Facial hair grows thick and dark if the degree of hirsutism is more. So it’s better to get hirsutism diagnosed. Hormonal imbalance is the major cause of excess hair growth.
You should consult a family physician and get your hirsutism checked. The doctor may ask you for some blood tests, ultrasound, and other tests to diagnose symptoms of hirsutism.
1.3. Some Other Factors Causing Hirsutism
Some of the few symptoms of hirsutism are as follows:
1.3.1. PCOS ( Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
If a woman is diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome, she is more likely to face hirsutism. PCOS is one of women’s most common causes of excess body hair and facial hair growth.
Polycystic ovary syndrome can result from an imbalance of hormones called androgen or excess. This hormone can cause excessive hair growth.
1.3.2. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is one of the main causes of hormonal imbalance. This hereditary disorder messes up with adrenal glands, which are responsible for producing hormones like androgen, and the result is excessive hair growth.
If a person is overweight, they may be diagnosed with PCOS because it causes the problem of weight gain.
Obesity may also cause excessive hair growth or acne problem. So, a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet may help you lose weight and reduce hair growth.
Excess hair growth can also be the effect of medication if you are on any medication that causes hair growth.
Excess intake of anabolic steroids may cause hair growth or facial hair. You should consult your physician.
So, these were some of the various conditions leading to hirsutism.
1.4. Who Is More Likely to Develop Hirsutism?
- You may be affected if someone in your family has been diagnosed with hirsutism.
- There is no specific age to develop hirsutism. It can affect you at any age.
- If someone is previously diagnosed with PCOS, they have a higher risk of developing hirsutism.
1.5. How to Treat Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be treated by managing hormone levels. If you have a problem with obesity, the doctor recommends you lose weight to help with hirsutism.
A person with PCOS can have a problem with excess hair growth, so you can reduce hair growth by losing weight and with a balanced diet.
PCOS-diagnosed women are prescribed to eat birth control pills because it helps in producing female hormone levels in more amounts. And which helps in reducing facial hair. These birth control pills are the solutions to prevent hirsutism for longer terms.
1.6. How to Remove Excess Hair Growth Caused by Hirsutism?
1.6.1. Hair Removal Methods
Most women don’t like excess hair on their face or their body. So they prefer removing them. Various hair removal techniques and non-medical ways may help remove hair.
The non-medical removal techniques include waxing, shaving, or any hair removal cream that helps remove excess hair from your body.
The methods mentioned above are the same that various women use to remove hair from legs, bikini lines, and underarms.
i) Waxing, Shaving, and Hair Removal Creams
Waxing, shaving, and hair removal creams are the techniques used to remove excess hair from the body. These techniques are affordable and can easily be applied to eliminate excess hair.
But you must repeat this technique continuously to get rid of hair and achieve clear, glowing skin.
Facial hair removal creams are available everywhere. You can also contact your family physicians for hair removal cream. All these treatments help to remove body hair.
But after applying this technique to remove hair, you must take care of applying moisturizer because waxing, shaving, or hair removal creams cause your skin to dry.
If you have very sensitive skin, you must take care of it. Or else you can get prone to skin irritation or hurt your skin.
ii) Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is one of the best techniques to remove hair permanently or help slow hair growth.
Concentrated light rays damage the hair follicle and stop hair growth. It is quite an expensive and time-consuming treatment but can delay hair growth for longer compared to other methods.
iii) Electrolysis Treatment
Electrolysis treatment is used to remove excess hair using an electric current. It damages hair follicles so that new hairs don’t produce. It takes a lot of time because it treats each hair individually.
This electrolysis treatment is expensive and requires multiple sections to get good results. It helps to remove excess hair from the face and body.
Laser hair removal and electrolysis treatments are expensive and require multiple sessions, so most people might not choose these treatments.
Some don’t prefer these techniques due to sensitive skin. These treatments may also be painful. So, most prefer waxing, shaving, and hair removal creams to remove hair without pain at affordable prices.
Many women might feel stressed because of unwanted facial hair. If you have unwanted facial hair, you may feel under-confident.
2. How To Stop Facial Hair Growth In Females Naturally: Home Remedies
2.1. Lemon Juice and Sugar
- Take two tablespoons of sugar and add lemon juice to it.
- Add 8- 9 tablespoons of water. Mix them well.
- Heat this mixture for some time until bubbles appear, and let the mixture cool for some time.
- After cooling the mixture, apply this mixture with the help of a spatula.
- Please keep it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water.
- Wash it by rubbing the applied mixture in a circular motion with the help of a finger.
Sugar is a natural exfoliating agent. It is sticky and helps remove hair. Lemon has bleaching agents, which help in lightening skin tone.
This home remedy is affordable, easy to apply, and pain-free.
2.2. Lemon Juice and Honey
This method can be used in place of waxing.
- First, mix two tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Now apply it all over the affected part to the hair growth direction.
- Use a waxing strip to pull the hair out in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Honey works as a moisturizer. It is very affordable, and you can do it at home without going to any salon and spending a lot of money. Those who have dry skin can try this method.
2.3. Oatmeal and Banana
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal and add banana to it.
- Make a thick paste and then apply it all over the affected area.
- Leave it for 5 minutes, and massage it for 15 minutes with the help of your finger.
- Then rinse it off with cold water.
Oatmeal can be used as a scrub. It contains antioxidants that remove redness from your skin, and banana helps make your skin glow. It also hydrates your skin.
2.4. Potato Juice and Lentils
- Mix a bowl of soaked and ground lentils with 5 to 6 tablespoons of potato juice.
- Make a smooth paste and apply it for 20 minutes on the facial hair.
- Then rinse it off with cold water once it is completely dry.
Potato is used as a bleach and helps lighten skin tone. The lentils’ particles help remove your facial hair because the crust in lentils helps scrub.
2.5. Egg White and Cornstarch
- Mix a spoonful of cornstarch and egg white.
- Then add little sugar to it.
- Make a thick paste, apply it to your unwanted hair, and then peel it off once the mixture is dry.
Egg white is sticky, and mixing it with sugar and cornstarch can come out as a peel-off mask. It removes hair and makes your skin glow.
2.6. Gram Flour and Rose Water
- Mix 3 tablespoons of gram flour, one tablespoon of rose water, and one tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Make a thick runny paste.
- Apply all over your face where hair growth is most visible.
- Apply the paste and wait for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rub the mask in a circular motion with the help of your finger when it’s completely dry by moistening it a bit.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2.7. Papaya Paste and Turmeric Powder
- Make papaya paste by mixing the papaya into a mixer with little water.
- When ready, mix two tablespoons of papaya paste, half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, and 4-5 drops of aloe vera gel to form a paste.
- Apply the paste all over the unwanted facial hair.
- Leave the applied mixture for 20- 25 minutes and let it dry.
- Now rinse it off with cold water by rubbing it in the opposite direction of the hair growth with the help of your finger.
2.8. Rice Flour, Turmeric Powder, and Raw Milk Mask
- Mix 3 tablespoons of rice, 1 tablespoon turmeric powder, and two tablespoons of raw milk.
- Make a thick paste, and add water if required.
- Wait for 30 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
2.9. Tomato and Sugar
- Mix tomato juice with sugar.
- Apply it all over your skin where you have unwanted facial hair.
- Wait for 20 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
It helps in removing facial hair and helps in getting clear, glowing skin. Sugar is used as a scrub, and tomato helps get glowing skin.
2.10. Lavender Oil and Tea-Tree Oil Anti-Facial Hair Mask
- Mix two tablespoons of lavender oil with 7 to 8 drops of tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Apply this oil mixture two times to get the results.
This mask inhibits hair growth and is very beneficial. It is one of the best home remedies to stop facial hair growth.
All these above remedies help in removing facial hair at home when applied regularly for a long time. These are affordable, easy to use, and not painful.