This article brings you the most thought-provoking 100 questions to ask yourself.
Do you ever happen to ask random questions to yourself? The questions can be funny questions or even personal questions. As humans, we tend to be self-questioning, and one should know that it is one of our strongest assets.
There are over 100 questions to ask yourself in a manner to understand your thought process better. The type of questions you ask yourself (consider 100 questions to ask yourself) directly impacts the way you lead your life. And that is because deep questions, or perhaps interesting questions, get you to focus on yourself strongly.
So, in this post, we have brought you 100 questions to ask yourself. But you must also know that there aren’t any specific answers to all of the questions at the very moment. Your answers can for sure change with time. And that is growth.
So don’t worry if you don’t have an answer to the questions right away. The mind every time bears new answers, so let it do its job.
Without any further ado, let’s check out the 100 questions to ask yourself.
Tip: You might want to pick up a journal & note down your answers. Years from now, you can check them & see how you’ve grown from there.
100 Questions to Ask Yourself
Well, here’s presenting 100 questions to ask yourself. These questions that I offer don’t necessarily mean to have an answer right away.
Are you ready to take up the challenge of ‘100 questions to ask yourself?’ We are dividing the questions into four categories to make it a little simple for you.
A. Some Fun Questions To Ask Yourself
1. What are the best childhood memories you have of yourself?
It is important in life to recall good memories from your childhood. So, you can go down memory lane & recall your best childhood memories for conversation starters with yourself.
2. Which fictional character is your favorite?
3. Which are your most favorite movie & tv shows?
4. How will you express yourself?
5. Which is your favorite book?
6. Suppose you won the lottery, what would you then do with the money?
7. Do you have any pet peeves?
8. Suppose your life was a movie/book. Which title would best suit your life?
Take some time and put some deep thought into this question. Which title do you think would best express your whole life?
9. If you’re granted three wishes in your life, and it could be anything. What would you wish for?
Now put some serious thought into this. What are the top most important things that you want in your life?
10. If you are given a chance to relive a day from your life, which day would it be?
Well, we all have our special days. And we wish they never end. So when provided the chance to relive one of your days, which day would you prefer to relive?
11. When did you fall in love for the first time?
12. Mention one weirdest, craziest thing you’ve ever come across?
13. What is one thing you are good at?
14. Do you believe in the afterlife?
15. Who do you want to become like, your mother or your father?
16. How would you describe your inner-self?
17. What are your thoughts on relationships?
18. Which is your most memorable vacation?
19. What is the most embarrassing story from your childhood?
20. Who was your favorite teacher from school?
21. Do you have any useless talents?
22. Do you have any secret conspiracies?
23. If you could become anything for a day, what would you like to become?
24. How would you describe an ideal romantic partner?
25. If you have just one year to live, how would you like to spend your days?
So, these 25 questions are the first set of questions from the list of 100 questions to ask yourself. The next 50 questions will be some thought-provoking questions.
B. Some Thought-Provoking Questions
26. What are you grateful for in your life?
For better personal growth, any individual needs to be filled with gratitude.
27. What is my definition of a successful life?
28. What is the meaning of ‘happiness’ according to me?
29. What do you intend to do in life?
This is an important question to ask yourself because life without a purpose is not a life worth living. So one should always have a vision. A person must know what they want to do in their life.
30. What am I doing to achieve the things I want for my life?
We all have dreams; we all want different things from life. But the question is, what exactly are we doing to achieve the things we want. Are we even doing something? Or are we just dreaming?
31. Am I providing 100% of my efforts to the things that I am doing?
Now suppose you are giving your efforts into making your dreams come true, but are you giving your best? Are you giving your 100% efforts?
32. What are you terrified of?
33. Are you prepared to face any challenges in life?
34. What challenges have you overcome so far in life?
35. How would you describe your idea of a perfect day or moment?
36. How can I become a better person?
37. What excites you the most about life?
38. Where do you see yourself in the next ten years?
Our future is uncertain, but having a good vision of our future helps us build it better.
39. What do you value the most in life?
40. What do you love the most?
41. Do you love yourself enough?
Loving yourself is important because it allows you to feel compassion for others. If you can’t love yourself enough, you will never be able to love others fully.
42. What do you love most about yourself?
43. What are the things you feel most passionate about?
44. Are you living life the way you wanted it?
45. Who do you have the most faith in?
46. Do you have faith in hopes?
Having hopes is the one thing that keeps us going through difficult times. It provides us with the strength we need to fight difficult things that come running our way. So it is important to know where to stand with having hopes.
47. Are you fully satisfied with your life?
48. Would you like to advise anything to your younger self?
49. Do you think change is important?
50. What do you think are your biggest weaknesses?
51. Do you compare yourself to friends or anyone?
52. How would you describe your strengths?
53. Do you have any regrets so far in life?
54. What are the biggest goals you want to achieve?
55. What does an ideal life look like to you?
56. What does family mean to you?
57. What do friends mean to you?
Our friends & family are the people who are there for us when in need. So one should know the values of friends & family in one’s life. So, dig deeper & think who your friends are & what do they mean to you.
58. What bad habits do you think you have?
59. What good habits do you think you have?
60. How would you describe your inner-self?
61. If you have any bad habits, do you want to work on them?
62. How would you describe the meaning of life?
63. Are you living or existing?
There is a fine thin line between living a life and just existing. One should know the difference between the two and see which one fits them.
64. How do you think you can add purpose to your life?
65. Do you think you can add more meaning to your life if provided the right opportunities?
66. If you had the chance to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
67. If you had the chance to change one thing around you, what would it be?
68. How do you think you can be of help to society?
69. Would you ever do wrong by someone for selfish reasons?
70. Do you think this world is unfair to women?
71. How long do you want to live & why?
72. How often do you let people get close to you?
73. Are you afraid of people hurting your feelings?
Most people tend not to let people enter into their life. And usually, there is just one reason for that: they are afraid of getting their feelings hurt.
And that’s why you must know how vulnerable you are when it comes to people in your life. One cannot stay afraid forever of getting hurt. So, it is necessary to know how they feel about letting people into their life.
74. How would you like for others to remember you?
75. What does it mean to be ‘human’ according to you?
Your definition of being human would say a lot about who you are as a person. If you want to know what kind of a person you are, you should definitely look for an answer to this question.
Once you answer this question, see for yourself where you stand in your definition of being human.
So, these were the second category of questions from the list of 100 questions to ask. Now, moving on to the next set of questions from 100 questions to ask.
C. Questions To Ask Yourself in the Morning
76. What is your motivation for the day?
77. What do I need to do for this day to be fruitful?
78. What should I do today to step out of my comfort zone?
79. Are you happy with your life at this very moment?
80. When was the last time you felt happy?
81. Do you ever feel lonely?
82. What should I be happy about today?
83. How can I make someone else’s day better today?
84. What could I do to enjoy my day today fully?
85. What does the rest of your life look like at this moment?
And with this, we have almost come to the end of our post on 100 questions to ask yourself. The next ten questions from the list of 100 questions to ask yourself will be somewhat interesting & entertaining.
You can ask these ten questions from the list of 100 questions to ask yourself every morning.
D. General Questions To Ask Yourself Any Day Or By the End of a Day
86. On a scale of 1-10, how judgemental do you think you are?
87. How do you think you can be of help to society?
88. Would you ever do wrong by someone for selfish reasons?
89. Which is the most difficult thing for you to do?
90. Are you proud of any of the achievements you have had in life?
91. On a scale of 1-10, how hardworking do you think you are?
92. What do you think is more important, being kind or being right?
93. Which five words would describe you the best?
94. Would you ever put your life at risk to save someone?
95. What does peace mean to you?
For some people, peace can mean just being happy. While for others, peace can be related to success in their lives. So, from person to person, the meaning of peace keeps on changing.
96. What are your top three moral rules?
97. What is your idea or definition of love?
While answering this, who is the first person that comes to your mind? Do you think you are in love?
98. If you’re granted three wishes in your life, and it could be anything. What would you wish for?
Now put some serious thought into this. What are the top most important things that you want in your life?
99. When you hear the word ‘home,’ what is the first thing that comes to your mind?
100. Is there any person you think you can trust with your life?
So we are at the end of the 100 questions to ask yourself post. I hope these 100 questions to ask helps you discover new versions of yourself. These 100 questions to ask are not just any 100 questions but are inquiries that will shine a light upon your inner-self.
Statistics have shown that people who question themselves are capable of building a happy and fulfilled life. And I hope this article does the same for you.
There are many benefits of questioning your own-self. Therapists find this to be a good mental exercise. Self-questioning makes you introspective, which eventually will lead you to better judgments.
If you have any questions in mind that should have been on this list, please feel free to suggest.
Check out more such articles:
This is Kritika. A 23-year-old biotechnology student by the day, and a writer/poet 24/7.