College life is exciting and fun, stressful, and nerve-wracking, but at the end, a memorable experience for your lifetime where you meet all sorts of people during your course. Let’s look at some of the most popular types of people you meet in college:
The People you Meet in College:
The Sports Freak:
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the sports freak. You definitely will see them early in the morning in the sports arena, working out, jogging, and practicing their game.
- Specialty: Mostly, you will find the football freaks who jog around and always try to learn new football tricks. They will always be with their football as if glued to it. The other crazy sports freaks are the basketball players who, with their extra tallness loom above everyone in the class. Everyone knows when they enter an area, and you can spot them easily among the crowd.
- Natural habitat: Next in the list of the people you meet in college is the teacher’s pet. They are found capturing the first bench as their territory. They can also be found around the professors all time as their bodyguards or their lapdogs.
- Specialty: You will find that their tone when they talk to the teachers is like honey dripping from the honeycombs, but when they speak to the class, they are the nastiest. They act as if they are the anointed apostles by the professors for the class.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the fashionista. These divas are found either in front of the mirrors or in the fashion club. They often represent the ‘Mean Girls’ of the college.
- Specialty: They always have the trendiest clothes and every guy’s dream. Hair and nails on point, with their fully waxed bodies, they strut into class as if it’s their runway. They enter into college with the dramatic music playing in the background and often found in the cluster of three, with the queen bee in the middle.
- Natural habitat: Next in the list of the people you meet in college is the overachiever. They are found on the trophy shelves in the dean’s office, achievement board, or the stage.
- Specialty: They are the prodigies who are all-rounders in every field. They make your college proud during inter-college events and scholarships. They are the dean’s apple of the eye. You always wonder what is so special about them and long to be friends with them or not, maybe!
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the party animal. You can always find them in the Party houses or clubs or still making plans to head there after the class gathering the crowds or distributing flyers and pamphlets for the upcoming party.
- Specialty: You can always hit them if you are confused about a place for a party. They don’t care if it’s Monday or Saturday, its party day for them. You will always find them sloshed out in the class the next day. Their Instagram stories full of night clubs, drinking games, and whatnot.
- Natural habitat: Next in the list of the people you meet in college is the theatre kid. When you enter college, you will find them in their club either laughing or crying dramatically, when you’re leaving college you will find them shouting or screaming! There is no in-between.
- Specialty: They are known as the fresh bunch of people in the college. They are very dedicated to their drama club and practice day and night. When they enter the class, they make it hilarious, and their voice is always coarse because of all the shouting and screaming of the dialogues.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the dancer or singer. They are either found on stage performing or in the practice rooms practicing for the performance.
- Specialty: They are the go-to people if you need entertainment in the class. They are often approached to be as fillers for your fests and programs by teachers and professors. They have a fan following, and everyone knows them. You can find them always humming in the class or tapping their foot and practicing under the desk.
- Natural habitat: Next in the list of the people you meet in college is the jock. They are also known as gym freaks or bodybuilders. You will find them in the gym or work-out area of the college.
- Specialty: They are the ‘wanna-be’ guys who wear tight-fitting clothes to flaunt their bodies. They often use books as their dumbbells and often found eating eggs, bananas, and protein shakes. They can be either the bullies or the softies who look tough from outside but are warm from inside.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the genius. They are found in the libraries, seminars, talk shows, and their hands are always raised for any question asked.
- Specialty: They are the encyclopedia for everything. They are the real-life ‘Hermoine Granger’, the ‘know it all’, who your parents always state an ideal for you. They don’t fall under book worm but mostly have a geeky look and stay away from partying or wasting their time in other irrelevant activities.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the last bencher. They are always found sitting in the last row of the class and hate it when their space is occupied by others.
- Specialty: They are mostly found sleeping, playing video games, or eating food in the class. They can surprise the class by giving the right answer sometimes. Teachers always have a lookout for them in case they are trying to make mischief in the class.
- Natural habitat: Next in the list of the people you meet in college is the love bird. They are found in the parks, canteen, or parking lot of the campus. You will always find them in pairs.
- Specialty: They always walk hand-in-hand on the campus, feeding each other food in the canteen. If teachers make them sit separately in the class, they act heart-broken, moaning for their separated partner three benches across. Their PDA either grosses you out or makes you wish even you had something like them.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the flaunter, who always flaunts their belongings. They are found in shopping malls, overpriced cafes, and eateries or their Mercedes and such costly cars.
- Specialty: They always have a story where they were last weekend or what is their recent collection to their Gucci or Louis Vuitton bags. They sometimes overdo their flaunting, which is hard to digest, and everyone knows how fake they are. They think they are the elites of the college, and the rest of them are their servants who should make notes for them to earn extra money. They are the social butterflies and are most popular on social media and are known to change their partners often.
- Natural habitat: Next in the list of the people you meet in college is the radio speaker. You can find them always whispering in someone’s ear or in a group where all the heads are bundled together.
- Specialty: They are ‘locker of secret’ of the college who knows everyone’s secret. They can be seen group hopping, and they are friends with everyone. If you want to spread any information you know who to contact. They can either bad mouth a person or spread favorable information about their friends. They have crazy connections and can be seen hanging out with basically everyone in the college is it juniors or seniors.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is a social activist. You can find them holding placards and posters for some movement or strike in front of the college gate or inside the campus.
- Specialty: They think they are the leaders of the future and take part in every strike, protest march, or campaign for a cause. They have strong political viewpoints and are always found preaching about issues that should be fought for or against. Their Whatsapp and Instagram stories are filled with news, protest campaigns, and forms to sign up. They are either the head of any political organization of your college and stand for the election to become the President or some post for the college.
- Natural habitat: The next in the list of the people you meet in college is the art moth. They can be found among the paintbrushes and canvas. They are always found making drawings and crafts for others.
- Specialty: They are seen doodling and scribbling on the desk or in their art book during class. They are the leaders when any event in the college needs decoration. They have the most creative ideas for any kind of decoration or theme, and they leave cute notes for you to make your bad day better. They have the most aesthetic dressing sense, and their clothing has self-painted designs. They are your go-to people if you run out of gift ideas for your friend. They have amazing skills, and everyone is in awe of their artwork, even if it is just a welcome sign drawn on the blackboard.
Read article about 5 things you will miss about college!
- Natural Habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the trickster. You will find them in the most unusual spots of the college, making videos for their youtube channel.
- Specialty: They are the jokers of the class, always cracking jokes and disturbing the class. They are found outside the class as punishments or plotting for tricking their next victim. You will find them doing pranks on people and making videos of it. They do crazy challenges and always goof around, not caring about academics or rules. They are the naughtiest bunch, and every teacher has their names memorized and duly noted in the bad books.
- Natural Habitat: The next in the list of the people you meet in college is the one you only see during exams. Their habitat is unknown as you rarely see them in your college. They appear only during exams and leave the earliest.
- Specialty: Either they are an undercover agent, or they have other life than attending college. You don’t know their name or anything about them. They only appear when you have an unavoidable test in the class or the semester exams. They seem mysterious, but somehow the ‘Radio speaker’ knows something about them too.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is over-worked. They are found sleeping in most of the classes and always sloshed around somewhere in the college.
- Specialty: You will find them leaving college as soon as possible since they have a part-time job or internship somewhere. They are the self-dependent bunches who pay for themselves, sometimes their college fee. They work very hard and struggle to keep up with college work too. They are often tired but have a warm smile if you approach them.
Read article about how your life changes after college!
- Natural habitat: The next in the list of the people you meet in college is the chameleon. They can be found everywhere and anywhere in college if you know what I mean.
Specialty: They have different names like ‘double-faced,’ ‘snakes,’ or the ones you trusted in the beginning but got back-stabbed by them. They get close to anyone who is beneficial for them but change their true colors when you need them. Everyone has encountered them at one point or the other.
- Natural habitat: One of the people you meet in college is the life-long one who is your survival kit for the college. They are always found around you or on the top of your favorite list.
- Specialty: College life is bearable because of them, a person you can rely on for anything. They stick by you in your happiest and saddest day. A real gem to protect if you find them in college.
These were some of the common personalities you meet in your college life. Let us know if you agree to them!