2015 has ended on a happy note (let’s call it happy no matter how it was, okay?), and most of us are geared up to have a happy ride this New Year. While we are busy celebrating 2016, let me remind you of a few fashion trends from 2015 that you must not forget if you wish to keep up your stylish aura.
1. When you think of 2015’s most worn attire, Palazzo will be the first thing you could think of! Closer to home, we saw and admired our desi girls wear colorful palazzos that rocked their look. Remember Deepika’s sexy printed orange-ish palazzo in Cocktail? She sported it flawlessly, long before we started realizing the impact of this trend.
2. Now, when we speak about Deepika Padukone, you are sure to have observed her rough and tough white sneakers. These white shoes are comfortable and can be effortlessly teamed with any outfit (except ethnic, obviously). Jeans, a tee, and white shoes- this is one ensemble most actresses were spotted in. One does not need to be confined to white shoes but can try experimenting with grey and black. After all, these three are universal colors that can match the clothes of most other colors!
3. All that glitters might not be gold, but all that shimmers is sure to catch your eyes. 2015 saw most of the top fashion designers showcase something with shimmer or bling . Not just in 2015, clothes that glitter and shine have always been labeled as trendy. So, grab a shimmery dress right now!
4. HIGH WAIST!!! Let’s not forget this beauty. Personally, high waist pants are among my most favorite pieces of clothing. Be it button-up or with zipper, high waist pants rocked fashion trend charts in 2015. High waist shorts, too, were in fashion, especially in the beachwear section. Are you a proud owner of high waist pants yet?
5. Lastly, crop tops are so well associated with high waist pants and shorts that I cannot dare not mention them. These tops not only look great on catwalk models but set off alarm bells in real life too! It may take some effort to tone your belly and have a flat tummy if you wish to rock your crop top like these Bolly beauties but don’t be alarmed if you don’t have a super slim waist since crop tops can be rocked by anybody!
Here is what I found most impressive among all the rocking fashion trends last year. Buy your own piece and rock it your way!