This post includes some of the best hiking quotes to keep you motivated and going when you are out there on the trails.
With our lives getting busier each day, we hardly get time to do something fun. And when we do, we are often stuck between what to do. We have the answer for you. One of the best things to do to have a good time away from your busy city life is hiking.
It is one of the best ways to explore the world around you. It is not just a way to explore and experience nature’s beauty, but it is one of the best ways to discover yourself as well. Hiking helps reduce stress and clear your mind. It gives you a chance to reconnect with nature.
Hiking these days have become more of a lifestyle than a passion. This is why we have put together a list of all sorts of hiking quotes in this article. Whether you are looking for funny hiking quotes, quotes about hiking with friends, inspirational hiking quotes, or hiking captions for Instagram, we have you all covered.
How Do Hiking Quotes Help?
Well, hiking quotes are mostly inspirational. These quotes come in handy when someone is struggling on their journey. Hiking quotes keep you going by providing the right motivation at the right time.
Inspirational hiking quotes hit us with wisdom and get our focus back on track. It fuels our motivation that somehow took a lapse. And sometimes this we exactly what we need.
So, let us get moving then and check out some of the best hiking quotes of all time.
30+ Best Hiking Quotes For a New Adventure
We have divided these hiking quotes into different categories for your convenience. So, you can easily pick your like.
Inspirational Hiking Quotes
1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step- Lao Tzu
This is one of the most popular hiking quotes of all time by Lao Tzu. This quote sits perfectly for any journey of life, be it physical or spiritual.
It indeed is true that every journey begins with the first step that you take. No matter how far the destination is, you will reach your destination if you manage to take the first step. It all comes down to the very first step.
2. Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul
You must have heard the famous saying “Money can’t buy happiness,” right? Well, it is true. With a job, comes money but it doesn’t fill your soul with the same serendipity and excitement as adventures would.
3. A walk in nature walks the soul back home- Mary Davis
This is one of the best hiking quotes by Mary Davis. Nature is one way to reconnect with the world; it fills our souls with peace. A soul which has been stressed and exhausted from their current lives will feel a sense of refreshment once they walk the trails of nature.
4. Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better- Albert Einstein
Even genius mind Albert Einstein believed that nature has all the answers we need. So, when in doubt, look deep into nature, explore its ways; you will always find what you are looking for.
5. And into the forest, I go, to lose my mind and find my soul
Well, as I have mentioned earlier that nature is where you go when your mind needs refreshment. And the best way to feel close to nature lies within the forests. A walk in the woods will help you in ways you never knew you needed.
6. Walking is a man’s best medicine- Hippocrates
Sometimes just a few words can change the way we look at things. And some hiking quotes as this one surely does that. We have heard before that laughter is the best medicine. But do you know what’s right next to that?
Well, it’s walking. Hiking or walking is good for the mood, the soul, and health.
7. Hiking is the best workout! You can hike for three hours and not even realize you’re working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself
When you do something you love, you never feel like you have to put in too much effort; it never exhausts or tires you. Hiking is something like that. It is one of the best workouts because you never really feel like you worked out.
It just comes naturally to you. And the best part about hiking is that you get to know a lot about yourself on the journey too. You discover things you never knew you had in you.
8. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hiking quotes like this one teach us a great life lesson. In life, we must not always follow the path right ahead of us. Instead, we must pick our own path and leave a trail behind.
9. Not all who wander are lost
This is one of the most popular hiking quotes ever, and it makes all the sense in the world. This quote simplifies life. It says that just because someone has a different lifestyle, a nomadic lifestyle does not mean they do not have any purpose in life.
10. Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery, why we climb
Both hiking quotes and the hiking adventure itself help us find a lot of answers. And while we are on the journey, we discover the real reason we chose to do this in the first place. Every hiker, every climber starts with a different reason.
Quotes About Hiking & Mountains
11. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it- Andy Rooney
Hiking quotes teach us a lot about how life works. Most people often are deluding that being at the top is all they need to be happy. People believe that destination is the ultimate goal. However, it is only a matter of time when people realize that the journey actually matters. That is the ultimate goal.
12. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain- Jack Kerouac
The best memories are often from the trips we take or the journeys we make. So, why not build some better memories to cherish at the end of time?
Take a trip, climb that mountain, hike that trail you always wanted. These are the things you will remember till the end.
13. It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves- Sir Edmund Hillary
Whenever we do adventures, we give all into it. And in the process, we overcome fears and doubts. So in a way, while we think we conquered the adventure, we actually conquer ourselves.
14. Each fresh peak ascended teaches something
Each adventure, each hike, each journey is a lesson. There’s always something we learn out of it.
15. The hardest mountain to climb is the one within
The most difficult thing is to overcome what’s within us. Once we do that, there’s no mountain one can’t hike.
16. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way
These are the top mountain hiking quotes we like. If you want to look into some more mountain hiking quotes, click here.
Funny Hiking Captions
17. Hiking side effects include sweating, euphoria, and general awesomeness
And that is why one should hike. Who wouldn’t want to be awesome?
18. Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that
Well, you must always choose your own path, leave a trail but for sure not when you’re lost in the woods. In that case, follow the goddamn trail right in front of you.
19. Hiking is the answer, who cares what the question is
Hiking is always the answer for everything, my friend.
20. The closer you are to nature the further you are from idiots
This is one of the funniest hiking quotes, but also true. When you are out in nature, you are also far, far away from everyone else.
21. Feeling LOW? Go on mountains
Well, what’s a better “top” than the top of mountains?
22. Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world
And who doesn’t love tacos, right?
23. I might look like I am listening to you, but in my mind, I am hiking
A hiker’s mind always runs on the same track. It might look like they are doing something else, but they are just thinking about their next hike.
24. There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing– Sir Rannulph Fiennes
If you have the right clothes, there’s no bad weather for you. Sunny, rainy, stormy, nothing can come between you and your adventure.
Hiking Captions for Instagram
Got that perfect picture from your hiking trip? Well, how about using some awesome hiking quotes to go along with that picture of yours.
Let’s check out some hiking quotes for Instagram caption then.
25. The moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow- Henry David Thoreau
Well, great minds work best when exposed to nature.
26. In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks- John Muir
When we say hiking is the answer to everything, we surely mean it. Because out there in nature, following your guts, allowing yourself to do something risky changes who you are as a person. You develop traits in you, and you never thought you could have.
So, you can say that you always receive something that you weren’t even looking for from nature.
27. Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong-Jennifer Pharr Davis
This is one of the best hiking quotes to express yourself. For those who might think you are using hiking to escape reality, tell them hiking is your reality. You are not running away from it but running towards it.
28. Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.” – John Muir
Lately, people realize what hiking is all about. It ain’t just some adventure. Hiking out in the wilds and being close to nature is necessary for the soul and the mind.
29. You need special shoes for hiking—and a bit of a special soul as well
Well, you can’t hike in every type of shoe. You need shoes that provide a strong grip, and just like the shoes, you need a special soul, too, because not every soul dares to walk out of their comfort zones and go wild.
30. After a day’s walk, everything has twice its usual value- G.M Trevelyan
We only see the real worth of everything around us when we really walk towards it and into it. Most of the time, we pass by wonderful things but are too busy to notice their worth.
31. Hike more, worry less
You only have this one life to live. So why spend it worrying about things. It’s better to enjoy to live it. So hike more always.
32. Life is better in hiking boots
It indeed is. So, what are you waiting for?
33. We have nothing to lose and a world to see
There’s so much out there to see in the world. And the best way to do it is to go hiking.
Famous Hiking Quotes
34. To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles-Mary Davis
Not every day do you get to enjoy nature at its best. The only way to do it is, be there in the wild.
35. I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than trees-Henry David Thoreau
This quote shows how a soul can feel different once it takes a walk in nature. A soul grows even taller than the trees once it follows its true calling- nature.
36. I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city– Mary Davis
City life is pretty hectic; you wouldn’t even get the least of what nature and people have to offer out there. But out in the wilds, you will get the very best of everything.
37. We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down
I have mentioned just now how hectic our lives are. We are constantly on the run for something or the other. We don’t have time for nature’s things, so sometimes it’s good to go for a walk. It gives us time for ourselves and for things that matter. It slows us down.
38. Hiking is not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty– Sonja Yoerg
Not everyone can appreciate the raw beauty of nature and its ways. That is why the wilderness is mostly empty.
39. The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness-John Muir
The best way to appreciate the beauty of nature is right through a forest. That wilderness is beyond any explanation.
40. Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Do you know why nature is so beautiful? Because patience is her strong suit. Every beautiful aspect of nature we see takes time to be what it is today.
And if we can learn that from nature, we will grow in beautiful ways too.
41. There is always an adventure waiting in the woods- Katelyn S. Bolds
There’s always something in the woods, calling us. It is for us to take the step.
42. May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds
Nature is enjoyed the best at its raw, dangerous form because of what good it is if you didn’t even have to get off your comfort zone to witness something amazing.
43. Nature is not a place to visit. It is home
Do not mistake nature for being a place you must visit. It is your home, away from home.
44. Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise-Carrie Latet
From time immemorial, walking has been known to be the best exercise, and it is still the best.
And that’s the end to our list of different kinds of hiking Quotes. In this list, you came across quotes from hiking with friends, motivational hiking quotes, mountain hiking quotes, and some of the most famous hiking quotes. I hope finally you have found that motivation you were looking for.
Go through these hiking quotes when you feel like your life is getting too much to handle and you need a break; these will definitely remind you what’s out there waiting for you. These hiking quotes will remind you of the refreshment you need in life.
Do let us know if you have your own personal list of hiking quotes that keeps you going. We would surely love to hear from you. Also, pick your favorite from our list of hiking quotes too.
I hope you have a wonderful time out there in nature!