Venue: Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (C.G.)
Date: 7 and 8 December 2015
With a joint venture of Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Authority (CREDA) and KWatt Solutions Pvt. Limited, a two-day training program on photovoltaic technology was organized in the Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (C.G.) for the students of mechanical, civil, electrical, and electronics branches.
The program emphasized the credibility and the scope of using solar radiations as a primary source to meet our day-to-day electricity requirements. The officials from the Kwatt Pvt. ltd, Mumbai, conducted the entire program. In their words, “the students attending this training program will have the benefits of getting the opportunity to attend the Advance Certified Training Program where they will be given corporate internship on the eligibility basis in the solar energy field.”
The program details are as follows:
Part 1 (Overview)
- Solar energy scenario in India and job opportunities in the respective field
- Basics of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Technology and technicalities related to a solar panel.
Part 2 (Simulation Software and PV system design)
- Analysis of the PV system components and sizing exercise
- How to design a Solar Power Plant to power our own house or college
- Using the simulation software and understanding the system design.
Part 3 (Hands-on session using solar products)
- Getting aware of different solar operated products and their technology
- Different types of solar panels being used as a mobile charger and their further scope of development.
Part 4 (Workshop)
1.Solar-powered mobile charger
The Kwatt Solutions team arranged a workshop for the students to design and build their own solar-powered mobile charger.
2. Light Seeking Robot
In the second session, the students designed and built a light-seeking robot.
Under this program, good theoretical and practical sessions got a warm reaction from the students and added a new page of experience in their books.
The Kwatt Pvt. Ltd’s (KSPL) program S-SparQ works to impart education and training in the field of solar energy and create Solar Engineers to fulfill India’s workforce needs to be envisioned in National Solar Mission by making students “Solar Smart.”
Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (C.G.)