School life is such an elongated happy phase of every kid’s life, full of laughter, learning, friendships, and fun, and productive activities.
From cursing our teachers for giving extra homework, and school for not giving enough holidays, to loving it more is such a high school thing because you come to realize that in no time, you will complete your studies and leave your school forever, at least as a student.
Teenage life has struggles, but your school and friends’ lives become easier and better.
To make it more interesting and memorable for a lifetime, I have prepared a list of 100 productive things to do before high school;
100 Productive Things to do before High School :
1) Write a Diary: Dedicate a diary to your school life and write in it all of your good memories related to your friendships, new friends, best friends, guy friend, your favorite teacher, your favorite school canteen memory, your favorite gossip spot, your achievements, crushes, and everything.
You can make it more interesting by adding some pictures or objects like writing your and your best friend’s name on a leaf and pasting it on the other side of the page.
2) Friendship Things: You can make your bond stronger with your friends by exchanging valuable gifts like a written letter, gifting a self-compose card on birthdays, and handmade friendship bands on friendship days.
3) Things to do for your Favorite Teacher: Appreciate your favorite teacher by gifting them a diary or a mug quoting something appreciating for teachers because school life is incomplete without them.
4) Donation and Charity: Make a group with your classmates and donate your old books, stationery items, and old notebooks with blank pages, to people who couldn’t afford them. It takes a big heart to deliver kind services.
5) Slam Book: I know you live in a digitally smart world but these physical things will be a treasure because when you look back, all the good moments will come to life.
So get a slam book filled by the people you want to remember for life.
6) Cook Food without Fire: Any meal can be cooked with the help of fire but try inventing and knowing dishes that can be prepared without it like fruit cream, sandwiches, chutney, salads, etc.
7) Develop Reading Habit: Schools are all about learning, and reading brings wisdom and improves vocabulary and writing.
Read newspaper columns, and kid magazines, and try publishing something written by you.
8) Watch Movies: Watch all the fairy tale movies like Rapunzel, Cinderella, Maleficent, the series Tinker Bell, Up, Inside out, parts of Frozen, and much more.
9) Participate in Extracurricular Activities: Participate in all the extracurricular activities like fancy dress, group dance, singing, karate, sports, painting, essay writing, speeches, march pass, etc., in school and outside of your school because these days aren’t going to come back.
10) Learn Cycling: In two-three years you will be an adult so you must learn cycling because this will help in riding Scooty better. If you don’t know this then how are you going to have a fun time with your best friend?
Also, there are cycling competitions as well to participate in.
11) Do Crafting in Vacations: Crafting is such a creative job where you can use your waste products and make something useful with it and use it to decorate your house.
12) Learn to Play an Instrument: Doing something related to music is such a soulful activity as it soothes your mind, purifies your soul, and aligns your thoughts.
13) Read Famous Authors: If you’re someone who loves reading, then you must read works of these authors who especially write for children like Sudha Murthy, Ruskin Bond, O Henry, Salman Rushdie, R.K. Narayan, and Jhumpa Lahiri.
14) Watch the Best Bollywood Movies: There are some best movies dedicated to children and teens which you can watch with your friends and siblings, like Chillar Party, Meri Nimmo, Bum Bum Bole, Nil Bata Sanaata, and Taare Zameen Par.
15) Start a Research Project: You must be having your favorite subject so start some research project solo or in association with your friends because school life is about learning as well as fun.
16) Learn a Language: Other than your mother tongue and global language one must learn a foreign language as well like French, Greek, or Latin.
There are many apps available for language learning and practice, like Duolingo.
17) Plant a Tree: Nature is the most beautiful part of our lives because it gives us so many things and asks nothing in return, so you must plant a tree and see it grow with you.
Believe me, it will one of the most amazing experiences of your life.
18) Prepare your Mystery Box: Design a map of your treasure hunt indicating all the areas where you have hidden clue chits to find out the treasure which contains all your precious things like your secret diary and wish boxes. Games like these are no less than any adventure.
19) Best Friend Thing: There are some ideas for a best friend’s goal, get a plane where T-shirts and get your names written, get your favorite picture pasted on a coffee mug, or buy a best friend bracelet.
20) Decide your Stream: There are mainly three streams to go for, science, arts, and commerce.
Don’t wait for boards to end but start your research early based on your interest and career choice.
21) Do Scientific Research: Whether you love science or not, everybody should at least have an understanding of basic science.
So start your scientific research on things you have studied, like the law of gravity, the prism experiment, the law of electrons, etc.
22) Participate in Online Competitions: There is plenty of online competition run by the government, NGOs, and companies like Maggie.
Participate in online competitions and earn certificates but be aware of scam pages; only go for blue-ticked ones.
23) Club Thing: You can make a club in association with your friends, siblings, or cousins, name it after the purpose you set like donation, helping elderly people, or teaching. Get batches made for the club members, appoint them officially, and set timely goals.
24) Things to do for Parents: Parents are the most precious gift from God so appreciate them from time to time by giving them valuable gifts and memories on their special days.
Gift something self-made, make a playlist of their favorite songs, help them with house chores, and spent time with them.
25) Learn Basic Stitching: I am not telling you to master tailoring but learn the basic hand stitching arts, tucking buttons, making designs using threads, and cutting in shape smaller pieces of clothes.
26) Learn to Draw: From middle school itself basic drawing is taught and we get so many projects in which diagrammatic presentations are needed, so learn to draw at least basically if not excellently.
27) Learn Faceless Photography: Since we live in the age of social media there will be a great urge to explore the platform but because it is new to you, you can explore it with faceless and creative profile pictures.
This will help you in saving your identity for a time being which is important.
28) Make a First Aid Box: I believe every home should compulsorily have a first aid box with essentials like bandages, ointments, Dettol, cotton, hot water bag, etc to use during emergencies.
29) Collection Ideas: When I was a child I use to make collections of various things like stones, marbles, seashells, and cold drink caps to design badges, colors, comics, charms, coins with different symbols, and many more interesting pieces.
30) Pottery Skills: Pottery is one of the major art forms and is very much underrated. Making clay toys is an ordinary thing but learning pottery skills would be an extraordinary experience and it doesn’t require much investment.
31) Documentation Thing: Besides fun and learning one of the most important things is to update your official documents like a bank account’s passbook, aadhaar card, pan card, and voter card after you cross 18 because these are some basic documents needed everywhere. Beside this make a file and note down 100 productive things to do before high school.
32) Design Dreamcatchers: One of the best decors which look good everywhere is a dreamcatcher, so learn to design it and add your touch to it.
33) Get yourself a to-do List Diary: To complete the task of 100 productive things to do before high school you must have a to-do list diary to assign yourself task time after time and get things done accordingly.
34) Develop Money Saving Habit: Buy yourself a piggy bank and take out some money every month from your pocket money and start filling your piggy bank.
You can use this money during favorite occasions to buy yourself your favorite thing.
35) Painting Thing: I am not telling you to simply paint on paper and learn all forms of painting though you can do it too, but other than that you can paint objects, clothes, walls, pottery, etc make this exercise more fun and interesting.
36) Yoga and Meditation Thing: One must learn the importance of Yoga in life because it helps you in remaining mentally and physically fit by balancing your thoughts and actions.
37) Physical Education: Children must participate in sports programs because we study to sharpen our minds so we must do exercise to maintain our body strength.
38) Music Bands to Listen: There are so many music bands performing arts, some of them which you must listen to are Cold play, BTS, and Black Pink.
39) Learn about Famous Artists: There is end number of artists contributing to the world greatly but because cinema attraction is more in this age so learn about singers like Bappi Lahiri, and Lata Mangeshkar, and actors like Amitabh Bachan.
40) Grandparent Thing: One of the things which you will cherish all your life is your time with grandparents so sit with them ask about their time, listen to folktales, and know about mythology and tradition.
41) Mental Health Knowledge: Our mind is as dear to us as our body so growing up teens must know about basic psychology, mental healthcare, self-love, and toxic relations.
42) Organic Farming: Using big containers you can easily grow chilly, spinach, garlic, onion, coriander leaves, and mint leaves at your home organically because it is generally healthier than one sold in the market.
43) Make Remedies at Home: There is Ayurvedic science according to which home treatment is the best. Prepare hair oil, digestive juices, face packs, and gel for the skin using natural things.
44) Know about your Culture: One must know about the culture in which they live and there are different stages of culture to know like country’s culture, state culture, regional culture, and local culture.
45) High School Thing: Make a group with your classmates and start an awareness campaign for sustainable development, climate change, and nature preservation because we must look for them.
46) Play Problem-Solving Games: Besides video games and online games, there are real-life fun problem-solving games like Ludo, Sudoku, and Chess to play.
47) Learn Paper Art: Do you know that there are so many things that can be made using a simple sheet of paper like flowers, boats, frogs, airplanes, letters, and card pockets?
48) Learn to Make Beverages: It is so fun to make colorful and flavorful beverages with family and friends like mocktails, cold coffee, iced tea, shakes, and juices.
49) Doodle Art and Calligraphy: There is a pencil art where you can learn to draw patterns even if you don’t have good handwriting or drawing skills that are doodling and if you have good handwriting so to enhance it more go for calligraphy.
50) Henna Tattoos: I don’t like permanent tattoos so I prefer henna which is natural and stays on the skin for some time and I love the smell of henna.
51) Terrace Garden: If you don’t a garden area you can make one on your terrace with the use of a greenhouse and pots by plantings flowers and showing plants in them.
52) Make your Blog: Make your blog on any of the social media platforms of your choice and share all the 100 productive things you have done before high school.
53) Learn about Digital Art: Because technology is becoming the center you must learn about various digital art.
54) Older Cartoon Episodes to Watch: Some of the cartoons have gone but are evergreen and a must-watch like Courage the cowardly dog, Mighty cat masked Niyander, Dragon Tales, Maruko, Perman, and Shawn the sheep.
55) Take part in Language Programs: Taking part in literary programs will help you sharpen your public speaking skill and take part in speeches, debates, group discussions, and presentations.
56) Fiction and Literature: One of the best things in this world is fiction works and literature of various countries full of wonders and are dreamlike.
57) Sketch Art: If you don’t like colors and you are more of a grey person then try sketching, making portraits, sceneries, or funny faces.
58) Learn Baking: As a kid, I love cake, muffins, and cupcakes, and I am sure you love them too so learn to make them yourself and surprise your parents.
59) Keep a Travel Diary: I believe every good thing should be acknowledged and the best way to do that is to maintain a travel diary and note it down, it doesn’t matter if you travel in the same city.
60) Learn to use Idioms: To make your speaking and writing style more interesting learn to use idioms.
61) Family History: Before anybody suggests you know about world history and country’s history, trying to know your family history, will unlock the gate to magical things.
62) Importance of Geography: We live on planet earth so we must know about stars, the universe, the earth, the sun, and the moon because they make the world beautiful every day.
63) Box Collection: There are some box collections that I use to have like a geometry box, stationery box, color box, toolbox, and first aid box.
64) Listing Helpline Numbers: We live in a world that is not running out of bad people and for safety reasons make a list of all the helpline numbers released by the government and ask your friends to do the same.
65) Self-help Equipment: There are some things that I use to keep for safety reasons like a small rope, a small knife, pepper spray, and mini round balls.
66) Self-defense Practice: Before we look for anyone we should be able enough to protect ourselves and for that self-defense practice is important.
67) Winter Donations: Some so many people don’t have homes and they use to sleep on the streets and at railway stations.
The least we can do for them is by donating blankets and sweaters.
68) General Knowledge: General knowledge information is very helpful for quiz competitions and for sharing our common sense.
69) Card and Chit Games: My favorite card game was business and banking, and the chit game was finding the thief. Other than that you can invent your own.
70) Laughter Club: Laughing is always good for our health and it fills us with positivity, so make your laughter club do funny things to make people happy.
71) Kid Shows to Watch: There are plenty of amazing kid’s shows to watch like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Dance India Dance, and India’s got talent.
72) Mission Recycling: Do your plastic products work no less than poison for climate and environment and it is used abundantly, so spread awareness about recycling.
73) Learn to Swim: I loved getting in the water for bathing, to make this fun activity more useful, get yourself a swimming teacher.
74) Try Fishing: These things are immensely interesting to do during vacations, catching a fish and eating it is no less than any achievement.
75) Play Targeting Games: Setting a target for yourself and hitting it is something I loved the most, so I use to play carrom, archery, tweaker, and pinwheel.
76) Indian Magic Serials to Watch: Some of the famous magic serials from my childhood that I am going to recommend are Shaka Laka Boom Boom, Haatim Tai, Aladdin, Ali Baba 40 Chor, Son Pari, and Baalveer.
77) Myth and Legends: There are myths and legends in every culture and some popular beliefs about them, ask your grandparents to tell you the story from mythology books.
78) Write a Poetry Book: Most people like rhyming poems, so compose yourself and get it published even if it is a nursery rhyme.
79) Fashion Design Art: This is for both boys and girls, if you’re someone who loves creating different looks with outfits, footwear, and accessories, try creating one on paper through fashion design art and see how it looks.
80) Love Stories: Some of the famous Shahrukh Khan movies I am going to recommend are Jab Harry Met Sejal, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Rab ne Bana di Jodi, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kal ho na ho, and Dil To Pagal Hai.
81) Know about Spirituality: You must be wondering how prayers works, why people practice faith, and what is a religious sign, so study spiritual texts.
82) Web Series to Watch: There are some of the best web series on YouTube about friends and love to watch, like Reunion, First, Wrong number, Soulmates, and Adulting.
83) Read Free Ebooks: There are so many authors on kindle and other social media platforms who self-publish their books which you can read for free.
84) ASMR Videos: Do you like hearing and watching relaxing sound videos, watch ASMR videos on YouTube which include object crushing, food eating, and water dripping.
85) Listen to Podcasts: Besides music, there are so many good things to listen to on podcasts like prank calls, nature sounds, bedtime stories, motivational speeches, etc.
86) Hairstyling: Even boys like to set their hair differently and want frequent haircutting to refresh their look while you do it you will notice how changing your hairstyle changes everything.
87) Editing: There is a need for editors in almost every field of technology like photography, videography, and writing, and social media runs on these three things so one must know basic editing.
88) Study Maps: The world is an interesting place you will get to know when you study maps.
89) Know about Currencies: Money is a basic necessity of life so you must know about currencies and the international market.
90) Dancing: Dancing is among the major art forms and if you don’t like exercise then go dancing to experience real fun.
91) Skating: The art of balancing our body can be learned through skating and people use it as their daily vehicle as well.
92) Develop Healthy Habits: While growing up we look for more fun and excitement but along with that healthy habits like waking up early morning, drinking enough water, eating healthy food, meditation, and exercise should not be missed.
93) Flower Rescue: There are so many flowers that grow overnight and fall off in the morning, you can rescue them and use them for decorating your home.
94) Animal Care: There are so many animals who remain orphans, I use to feed street dogs around my house looking for food.
95) Basic Technical Skills: It is becoming one of the compulsory skills because we are using phones and laptops so much.
96) Counseling: As we are advancing towards and realizing the importance of mental health, there is various kind of counselors for career and life choices, you must do online crash courses in counseling.
97) Traveling: There is endless kind of stories to know about, so I prefer traveling because personally experiencing things is no less than any magic. And this one you must pick up among the list of 100 productive things to do before high school.
98) Nature Vlogs to Watch: As a nature lover I love watching nature vlogs on YouTube, some of the channel names are Liziqi, Jonna Jinton, Traditional Me, and Dianxi Xionge.
99) Owing Electric Equipment: Some of the electric equipment is life-saving like extensions, extra cables, power banks, and emergency lamps.
100) Prepare a Bucket List: You might not want to do all the 100 productive things before high school so, prepare a bucket list of things you want to do among them.
Wish you lots of productivity, fun, and learning.
Also check out, Fun Things to Do on Facetime with Friends