Sweet potato is one of India’s most common and well-liked street foods, topped with lime juice and chaat masala. You get a warm feeling all over because of their silky texture.
Sweet potato is loaded with nutrients. It is a gluten-free dish. People love sweet potatoes in the winter season. Some people eat it in the main course. It is even served as dessert.
You can cook sweet potatoes on the grill, in the oven, in the fryer, or even steam them. They are delicious when added to salads, soups, and even as a side dish.
Sweet potatoes are one of the oldest foods among humans, having been cultivated approximately 750 BC. These potatoes are unique. Spanish and Portuguese travelers brought them to Asia. This cuisine is a staple in some US regions. North Americans call them “yams.”
Sweet potatoes have the goodness of vitamins nourishing your hair and skin. Vitamin A relieves pain and may kill acne-causing germs. Because vitamin A helps the body create collagen, sweet potato has become popular as an anti-aging meal. Collagen is known to keep skin looking young and keep it from getting less flexible. It also has vitamin E, making them beneficial for your skin.
Before buying sweet potatoes, you should check if they are without cracks, cuts, or soft patches.
1) Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes You Should Try Once In Your Lifetime
1.1) Shakarkandi ki Chaat ( Boil Sweet Potatoes)
People eat this delicious dish in different textures, some like mashed potatoes, while others eat it in cubes. Its preparation time is just 20 mins. Most importantly, it is a family favorite.
You only need chaat masala, some chilies, and lime juice to prepare at home. Your taste buds will beg for more sweet and sour delicious flavors after eating it.
- 1 kg shakarkandi (peeled & cubed)
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of roasted cumin seed powder
- Rock salt to taste
- Amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- Black pepper powder
- Lemon juice
- 2-3 finely chopped green chilies
- Cucumber and apple cubes (optional) to dress up
- Chopped coriander leaves
- First, thoroughly wash sweet potatoes.
- Then put the washed sweet potatoes in a pan or pressure cooker and steam them. If you are using a pressure cooker, cook the sweet potatoes for about 3 to 4 whistles with just enough water to cover them.
- To make Shakarkandi Ki Chaat, cook the sweet potatoes until they are soft and warm, peel them lightly, and cut them into small pieces. Put the mashed sweet potato pieces in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon of amchur powder (dry mango powder), and rock salt. You can add red chili powder and chaat masala powder if you make it often.
- You can also add roasted cumin powder for taste. You can add more or less spice powder, depending on your preference.
- Then add half to one teaspoon of lemon juice to the sweet potatoes.
- Stir slowly. Check the flavor and, if necessary, add any spice powders or lemon juice.
- Serve shakarkandi ki chaat.
1.2) Fried Sweet Potatoes Topped With Amla Sauce
This winter treat is delicious. Thinly sliced, battered, and fried sweet potatoes, the jalapenos, basil, shallots, and the amla dipping sauce is unique.
- Sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Rice and corn flour
- Remove any dirt from sweet potatoes.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a dish filled with ice water.
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, thoroughly combine the batter’s constituent parts before proceeding.
- To coat the sweet potatoes, prepare a rice and corn flour mixture with Mexican chili powder, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Let the sweet potatoes dry.
- First, coat the sweet potatoes in the flour mixture, soak them in the batter, and then cook them in oil on a high flame.
- Combine all the dip components in a bowl and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve with chips.
1.3) Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped or garlic powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of vegan Thai red curry paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can of drained and washed chickpeas
- 1 full-fat coconut milk can
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
- Cumin seeds, garam masala, and paprika
- 1 bag of baby spinach (about 5 packed cups)
- Onions and tomatoes
- 1 medium lime juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- Ready-to-serve cooked rice (optional)
- The coconut oil should be melted in a big vessel on medium to high heat.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes and onions in a large mixing dish. After mixing in some pepper and sea salt, combine the ingredients in their whole. Continue cooking for around ten minutes on medium heat or until the tomato liquids have drained and the onions have reached the desired softness.
- Add chickpeas and sweet potatoes and mix the ingredients. Garlic, paprika, curry powder, garam masala, and cumin should all be mixed in a bowl before proceeding. Stir it for a minute or until the spices release a lovely aroma.
- After adding the coconut milk, give it an additional stir. Bring the curry to a boil, then immediately lower the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked and pierced easily with a fork.
- While stirring, add spinach and squeeze lime juice over the sweet potato curry. Don’t forget to add the lime, please! Take the curry off the heat and set it aside.
- Try some sweet potato curry, then season it with salt and pepper. Before serving, let it rest for about three minutes to cool off gradually and for the spinach to wilt in the heat. Enjoy!
1.4) Sweet Potato Puffs
- Spray for nonstick cooking
- 1 cup of leftover sweet potato mash
- 3 tablespoons of cold mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For dusting, all-purpose flour
- Two sheets of puff pastry, one package – frozen as per the package’s instructions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- Raise the oven temperature to 425°F. Spray a sheet with nonstick frying spray and store it for later.
- Mix mashed sweet potato, mascarpone, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla essence in a medium bowl with a rubber spatula. Reserve.
- Roll out a 10-by-13-inch puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured board. Cut 12 circles from the first puff pastry sheet with a 3-inch round cutter.
- While working on each circle, gently broaden and press it with your fingers. After coating one side of the round with egg, lay a heaping teaspoon of the mashed potato filling in the center and wrap the pastry over it to form a half moon.
- Place on a baking sheet after sealing the edges with your fingertips. Continue filling and rounding, leaving an inch between puffs. Fill the second-sheet puff pastry rounds.
- After egg-brushing, sprinkle brown cinnamon sugar on each pastry. Poke each puff with a knife to make a small hole. Cook until golden brown and fluffy for 15 minutes. Prepare immediately.
1.5) Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet potato salad is one of the healthiest sweet potato recipes, and many people like it.
- 4 peeled, chopped medium-sized sweet potatoes (2 lb before peeling)
- Onion, salt, and pepper
- 3 tbsp oil or spray
- 2-tsp minced garlic
- Lime juice
- Chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can of black beans
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro ( if desired)
- Gather all the materials and line two baking pans with parchment paper. After that, get everything else ready.
- The sweet potatoes should be peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces. Cut the onion into cubes. Mix the chopped onion and sweet potato with the oil or frying spray and set aside.
- The seasonings of salt and pepper are completely discretionary. Once the garlic is added, layer the sweet potatoes on the baking pans before placing them in the oven.
- Place the trays in the center rack of a preheated oven that is still chilly but has not yet been turned on. Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for best results.
- Bake the sweet potato and onions for about 35 minutes, or until the sweet potato are tender, and the onions have a golden brown color.
- While you wait, cut the peppers. Wash and drain the beans. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, including the sweet potato and the onions.
- To ensure that everything is evenly combined, stir the ingredients together. Serve it hot or cold.
1.6) Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Chinese invented roasted sweet potatoes. Roasted sweet potatoes are among the popular healthy sweet potato recipes.
South Korean gun-goguma-mallaengi and ice-gun-goguma are produced from roasted sweet potatoes and dried. Gun-goguma, once a seasonal delight, is now eaten in ice cream and smoothies in the summer.
- Of course, sweet potatoes! Look for ones that are firm and don’t have any soft or wet spots.
- Extra-virgin olive oil for a richer flavor. It also helps them soften and brown in the oven.
- Salt and pepper. They go well with the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes and make the roasted sweet potatoes taste sweet and savory.
- Begin by chopping the sweet potatoes into pieces. Reduce the size of each slice of sweet potato so that it will take approximately the same amount of time to cook in the oven.
- Or you can keep the skin on them. It contributes many nutrients and makes sweet potato cubes crispier once baked.
- After that, add some flavor. After being cut into small pieces, the potatoes should be placed on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Pour olive oil over and season to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Additionally, throw! The healthy sweet potato will benefit from evenly distributing the oil, salt, and pepper across its surface. Roasted brussels sprouts can also be added.
- When placing the cubes on the baking pan, leave room between each one. Please don’t skip over this step in the process! If the potatoes are packed in the oven with too much proximity to one another, they will simmer instead of being crisp and golden around the edges.
- Put the sweet potato in the oven as the final step. The temperature in the oven should be set at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Roast the sweet potato for twenty-five minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- The time needed to cook the sweet potatoes is based on the size of the sweet potato cubes and how fresh the potatoes are. Enjoy the recipe!
1.7) Baked Sweet Potatoes
It is one of the easiest and most healthy sweet potato recipes.
Although a baked sweet potato with butter, salt, pepper, and chives is a delightful dish, it is not the only thing to be prepared with baked sweet potatoes.
You can make a delicious side dish from your sweet potatoes by roasting them in the oven and serving them with your favorite main dish or vegetarian chili. For this dish, you can use butter, Greek yogurt, sour cream, or even a little cilantro lime dressing as a garnish.
- Sweet potato
- Sea salt and chives on top
- A dollop of guacamole and a drizzle of avocado cilantro lime dressing
- Any other spice of your choice
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The sweet potatoes should have holes poked in them with a fork. Then place them on a baking pan for 40 to 50 minutes of roast or until they are stuffed and soft.
- After baking the sweet potatoes, you can add flavorings and ingredients, such as black salt, cumin powder, rock salt, black beans, or anything else you enjoy eating.
- You can try baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon.
- Baked sweet potatoes are, however, best with lemon and black salt.
2) Other Healthy Sweet Potato Dishes
2.1) Sweet potato bread starts with oven-roasted sweet potatoes. Heat it thoroughly for extra-soft flesh. The mashed sweet potato combines flour, sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2.2) Sweet potato brownies are a dessert good for you. This is a tasty and whole dish.
2.3) Sweet potato gnocchi is vegan and gluten-free. Use Yukon Gold potatoes to prepare sweet potato gnocchi or Russets.
2.4) Sweet potato hash browns – Waxy potatoes are great for sweet potato hash because they retain shape after cooking. Waxy potatoes, especially Yukon Golds, hold hash browns well. Russet potatoes make crispy hash browns.
2.5) Sweet potato fries is a whole dish eaten with lemon and salt.
2.6) Healthy mashed sweet potatoes – Boiling the sweet potatoes and then mashing them up create a delicious and nutritious side dish that is a must-have.
For more free weekly recipes, follow our page and comment down which is your favorite sweet potato dish.
Read More- What is Poke Food: 5 Easy Steps To Prepare it.