Are you curious to know who Rose Blackpink is? And you’re looking for a page where you can learn everything there is to know about her?
Then, my friend, you’ve arrived at the right place to learn more about her. Here you’ll find a lot of fascinating things about her. So let’s have a short look at them all!
Roseanne Park, better known by her stage name Rosé, is a South Korean – New Zealand singer and dancer.
On February 11, 1997, she was born in Auckland, New Zealand but raised in Australia. She has an elder sister named Alice, four years older than her. She is the daughter of South Korean immigrants.
Rosé and her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, when she was just seven years old. As a child, she began singing and learned to play the guitar and piano, and she sang in church choruses.
She graduated from Kew East Primary School in 2009 and went on to Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College in Melbourne, where she studied law.
On her father’s advice, Rosé attended an audition for South Korean record label YG Entertainment in Sydney, Australia, in 2012, at the age of 15, and placed first out of 700 applicants.
Rosé dropped out of school, signed with the label as a trainee, and relocated to Seoul, South Korea, within two months.
Debut as an Idol
After passing the audition in 2012, she signed with South Korean firm YG Entertainment and trained for four years before making her debut as a member of the girl group Blackpink in August 2016 alongside Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa.
In August 2016, the girl group debuted with the single album Square one, featuring “Whistle” and “Boombayah.”
Not many might know this, but Rose was the last member to join the quad. And she is the second-youngest member of the group.
Rosé is one of the members of the girl group Blackpink. She is the lead dancer and vocalist of the group. In 2012, Rosé featured in labelmate G-Dragon’s song “Without You” from his “Extended play One of a Kind” before debuting as an idol, which peaked at ten on Gaon Music Chart and number 15 on the Billboard Korean K-pop Hot 100.
In March 2021, She made her solo debut with the single album named “R.” She is one of the most influencing South Korean celebrities in the K pop industry, gaining a lot of attention from media worldwide.
Rosé auditioned for King of Masked Singer and made it through the first round. However, she didn’t make it through the second round. Rosé appeared in several television shows, including King of Masked Singer, Fanatic Duo 2, and many more.
She was so close to it, with a 49-50 margin, but she couldn’t make it. Rosé’s performance on fanatic duo highly impressed the South Korean singer Gummy, as he praised her for her “unique voice.”
On March 12, she released her first solo album, titled “R.” Her music video for the lead song “On the Ground” gained over 41.6 million views on Youtube in the first 24 hours, surpassing the record of Psy’s ” Gentleman.” On Billboard Hot 100, “On the Ground” reached number 70 in the US.
Rosé and Jisoo, another member of Blackpink, were chosen as ambassadors for the Korean cosmetics brand Kiss Me in 2018. Rosé was introduced as a promotional model for Perfect World Entertainment’s MMORPG Perfect World Mobile in October of this year.
Rosé debuted as a model for the Korean unisex casual brand 5252 BY OIOI and the contemporary brand OIOICOLLECTION in August 2021.
Rosé was chosen the first global ambassador for Yves Saint Laure, by creative director Anthony Vaccarello, in July 2020. She was the main face of Saint Laurent’s Fall 2020 campaign worldwide.
In January 2021, Rosé named the face of Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, a luxury cosmetics line. Rosé was also announced as Tiffany & Co’s newest global ambassador in April 2021, starting with the Tiffany HardWear digital campaign in 2021.
She revealed her collaboration with the meditation and sleep app Calm in December 2021, which includes her own bedtime story, “Grounded With Rosé.”
Rosé was chosen as one of the Korean retail shops Homeplus’s 25th-anniversary marketing models in February 2022, alongside actor Yeo Jin-goo.
She broke many records with her album titled “R” featuring the lead songs “On the Ground” and ” Gone.” Here are some important achievements of her that are listed below:
Awards and Nomination
In 2021, Rosé’s solo debut song “On the Ground” won Mnet Asian Music Awards under the category of Best Dance Performance-Solo and Hanteo Music Awards (Artist Award (Female solo) in 2022.
She also won Weibo Starlight awards under the category of “Starlight Hall of Fame” and Joox Malaysia Top music Awards for her lead songs “On the Ground” and ” Gone” in 2021.
She was also nominated for many awards like Korea First Brand Awards, Melon Music Awards, Golden Disc Awards, Joox Thailand Music Awards, MTV Millennial Awards, Seoul Music Awards, and many more in 2021.
Previous World Records
In 2021, Rosé made a Guinness World Record. As a solo artist and part of the group, she was the first to reach number one on a Billboard Global Chart and most viewed Youtube music video in the first 24 hours as a solo kpop artist for her debut solo album song ” On the Ground.”
18 Amazing Facts About Rose Blackpink: All You Need to Know
Are you ready to know amazing and surprising facts about Rosé Blackpink?
So, here we brought you 18 Surprising and fun facts about Rosé that you all need to know!
- Rosé joined YG Entertainment in May 2012. She is the only member of Blackpink who was trained for four years and 2 months before debuting as an Idol.
- Rosé’s Korean name is Park Chae-young, and she likes to be called by her real name. She was born in New Zealand and grew up with her elder sister Alice Park in Melbourne, Australia.
- Rosé secured first place at the YG Entertainment Audition in Australia in 2012. In the same year, she joined YG Entertainment and relocated to Korea. She was the last member of the group Blackpink.
- G-Dragon expressed his admiration for her voice, describing it as “unique.” In 2012, Rosé featured G-Dragon’s song “Without You” from his extended play(EP), One of a Kind. At that time, she was not revealed as a member of the group Blackpink.
- Rosé is the lead vocalist and lead dancer of the group. She is the group’s second-youngest member. Before joining YG entertainment, she had no prior experience in dance.
- Although Rosé is the second youngest member of the group, she is the youngest Korean member, like Lisa, who is Thai.
- When Rosé used to live in Australia, she was a cheerleader. She has an older sister named Alice, four years older than her.
- Rosé graduated from Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College in Melbourne, studying law.
- Rosé has many nicknames, including Rosie, Chipmunk, Pasta, and Foodse. Her name is pronounced Rowzei. Her favorite color is pink, and her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She is a huge fan of Disney Movies and tracks.
- Rosé is very emotional, and she cries very easily. According to Jisoo, she cries even when the food is really good.
- Rosé is close friends of Twice’s Chae-young and Tzuyu and Red Velvet’s Joy and Yeri. She likes them apart from her group members, including Jisoo, Lisa, and Jennie.
- Rosé’s ideal type is a kind, genuine person with a good voice. She stated that many sunbaenims she admires for their wonderful voice, but Big Bang stands out among them.
- Rosé is the only one of the group members that have a stage name. She was listed among the idols with a “honey-like sweet voice.”
- Rosé is a left-handed person, but she plays guitar with her right hand because, according to her, pitch accuracy increases when a dominant hand is pressing the fingerboards. Rosé has a special ability, and she can rotate her hand 360 degrees freely.
- Rosé is a global ambassador for YSL (Yves Saint Laurent), even the creative director, Anthony Vaccarello, has written her handwritten letters.
- Rosé auditioned for King of Masked Singer and made it through the first round. However, she didn’t make it through the second round. She was so close to it, with a 49-50 margin, but she couldn’t make it.
- In a radio interview, Rosé acknowledged labelmate Taeyang of Big Bang as a role model in her musical career and Tori Kelly, American Singer, as an inspiration for her musical style.
- South Korean singer Gummy, whom Rosé acknowledged as her musical role model on her appearance on Fanatic Duo 2, praised Rosé’s voice for being “so unique” and described her as ” the voice young people love.”
Know More About BLACKPINK
BLACKPINK (BLΛƆKPIИK) is a South Korean girl group made up of four members: Jisoo, Lisa, Jennie, and Rosé. It is a YG Entertainment-managed group. The group made its debut in August 2016 with “Square One,” a single album starring “Whistle” and “Boombayah.”
Blackpink is the most popular female artist on the Billboard 100, with the single “Ice Cream” reaching 13th place (2020). With their album “The Album,” they placed second on the Billboard 200 and became the first Korean girl group to sell over a million copies.
Throughout their career, Blackpink has set numerous online records. They are the most followed group on Youtube, having over 72 million subscribers and over 28 million followers on Spotify as of March 2021.
Blackpink is one of the most well-known girl groups on the planet. “Blink” is the nickname for Blackpink fans. The fandom name “Blink” refers to the admirers who begin with Blackpink and end with Blackpink.
Blackpink has received numerous awards, including one Teen Choice Award, three People’s Choice Awards, nine Gaon Awards, one MTV Video Music Award, five Melon Music Awards, two Seoul Music Awards, eight Mnet Awards, and six Golden Disc Awards, and so many other awards.
Blackpink Other Members
Lisa, or Lalisa Manoban, is the lead rapper, vocalist, and dancer for the girl group Blackpink. Lisa was born in Buriram, Thailand, on March 27, 1997. She is a multi-talented individual. She is a multilingual individual.
She speaks Thai, English, and Korean well, with a Japanese and Chinese working grasp.
With the single album “Lisa,” she made her solo debut in September 2021. In South Korea, the album sold over 736,000 copies in its first week.
Her song video “Lalisa” had over 73.6 million views on Youtube in the first 24 hours, making it the most viewed music video on the platform by a solo artist.
Kim Jennie, known as Jennie, is a South Korean singer and rapper. She is a member of the girl group Blackpink. She was born in Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea, on January 16, 1996.
Jennie spent five years studying in New Zealand before returning to South Korea in 2010. She speaks English Korean and has a rudimentary understanding of Japanese.
In November 2018, she made her solo debut as a solo artist. “Solo” is her solo debut song. The song topped both the Gaon Digital Chart and the Billboard World Digital Songs Chart, and it was a commercial triumph both at home and abroad.
Kim Jisoo, known as Jisoo, was born in Sanbon – dong, Gunpo-si, South Korea, on January 3, 1995. She is a singer and actress from South Korea.
She debuted as a member of the Blackpink under YG Entertainment in August 2016, alongside Lisa, Jennie, and Rosé. She is the eldest member of the group.
In addition to his native Korean, Jisoo has learned to speak Chinese, Japanese, and English. She is a talented singer as well as an aspiring actress.
Acting experts hailed her for her stunning and dramatic performance in the current “Snowdrop.” Her entertainment agency has also announced that she will make her solo debut soon.
Recent News About Rose Blackpink
Rose Blackpink tested positive for Covid-19, prompting her scheduled trip abroad. Before her planned travel abroad on February 28, their agency, YG Entertainment, issued a statement stating that the test results were positive.
Rose’s journey to Europe has been postponed. They also stated that none of the other three members have been afflicted. Rose doesn’t seem to be suffering from any particular ailment.
You can also follow Rosé on Instagram. Her username is @roses_are_rosie, and she has more than 56 million followers.
I hope you all found the facts surprising and funny. If I missed out on any facts, feel free to mention them in the comment box.