Work Etiquette! It’s hilarious how so many different feelings revolve around this one word.
Few consider it a living hell, and few as a passion. Some worship their work along with their bosses, too 😛 once we are adults, work is the one place where we spend most of our lives at.
It is necessary to make your workplace better to enhance our professional life. One cant work in a clumsy working space. We cannot avoid the targets we have to chase or the struggles we face to get the job done. With a few tips about work etiquette, we can make our work-life lighter and more fun.
We have always loved our workplace in front of the boss. But we all know it is only valid in theory. Here are a few things that can help improvise your workplace so that you love to be there.
- We all know that work is sometimes hectic, and you might deal with a crappy day. Usually, Mondays are horrible. It doesn’t mean you have to shout aloud and make it worse for others. You can use affirmation post-its or anything to calm yourself. Keep it cool.
- Greet your colleagues with a smile in the morning. It would give you and them the motivation to start your day positively.
- Help your co-workers when they are in need. Your support may boost their confidence. Also, don’t be too naive. Know who requires your help and who is cheating.
- Plan an informal outing once in a while with your teammates. It helps to ease the tensions within, i.e., if there are any. Informal doesn’t mean going to a nightclub. It could be someplace lovely to have a pleasant conversation so that you all can get to know each other better. You can plan any fun activities, including physical activity, as most of us lead a sedentary life in the office.
- Never allow yourself to indulge too much in your colleagues’ personal lives or advise them when not asked, as that may lead to unwanted drama. Keep it professional
- Never talk about how much money your teammate is making, as it is one of the strictest HR rules that needs to be confidential.
- Be punctual. Your boss or whoever it respects when you come on time and do your work sincerely. You don’t need to explain your dedication. Actions speak louder than words.
- If you have to keep your mobile phone on, keep it in vibration mode. No one needs to hear what your favorite song is.
- Make sure your team gets rewarded when they perform well. Everyone’s work must be appreciated.
- Don’t discuss your problems with your co-workers. It would be of no help. It would create more of a mess than what it was in the first place. Talk to your manager who can give you a solution.
11. Respect your teammate’s work. Everyone has an equal amount of work and individual problems to take care of depending on their capability. Your boss is well aware of it. It’s better not to be judgmental
- Never give your attention to any toxic employees or indulge in office politics. You might be digging your pit.
- Know when to say no. Don’t hesitate to avoid any work you think you cannot handle or if you know you cannot meet the deadlines. But make sure you don’t say no to everything. Be flexible, transparent, and optimistic.
14 . Use please and Thank you. Manners never go out of style 😉
If you want your life to be happy, there must be a balance in your personal and professional life. After all, your profession is a significant part of your life, and the central part of your finances comes from it and pays off your house rent, your shopping therapy, and many Aren’t. Isn’t it true? Work brilliant, be a good employee, follow the above work etiquette, and earn more money 🙂