Everything pure is beautiful. Being curious about yourself can lead you to understand some collective phenomena going around ceaselessly. We all are interested in exploring something about ourselves. But we might feel shy or uncomfortable to let other people know about that. Undoubtedly purity test is the most self-determining process which helps you to have psychological appeasement concerning worldly matters. Now, what’s a purity test? Let’s know about it and how pure you are.
Purity test is a self-assessment which judges your innocence on worldly matters like sex, drug, deceit, and so on. It’s a test on those worldly matters which are assumed to be vice. In knowing what’s a purity test, we also will know about the process of how it works. There remains a percentage scale, which determines the innocence level or how much pure you’re.100%, and 0% score identifies you are most genuine and least pure, respectively.
The rice purity test was originated at Rice University. Now let’s know what’s a purity test. The rice purity test includes 100 questions, and the people get judged with percentages according to their answers. Itis noteworthy that only those students who are 18+ can take part in the test. The test was initiated to create a bond between students by finding someone with the same kind of characteristics.
The Top 100 Questions to Decide Your Purity Scale
Here the participants have to answer with yes/no. The person participating in the purity test has to agree or disagree with the mentioned statement or question asked. The more you have your answer as ‘no,’ you will get the point. The statements and questions are like:
- I held someone’s hand romantically.
- I have been on a date.
- I have ever been in a relationship.
- I have danced madly
- I have ever kissed a non-family member.
- I had a lip kiss with a non-family member.
- I have experienced a French kiss.
- I have kissed in public.
- I have kissed someone on the neck
- I have kissed horizontally
- I had got a love bite
- I have kissed or been kissed on the breast.
- I have kissed someone below the belt
- I have kissed more than one person at a time
- I have played a game involving striping
- I had Masturbated watching a video or photo
- I had Masturbated in the presence of someone
- Helped someone to masturbate
- I have been caught masturbating
- I have masturbated with intimate object
- I have watched pornographic materials
- I messaged or been messaged sensually
- I had intercourse being fully dressed
- I have undressed or been undressed by a MPS(a member of the preferred sex)?
- I have taken a shower with an MPS
- I have fondled or had your butt cheeks fondled
- I have stroked or had your breast fondled
- I have stroked, or your genitals got fondled
- I heard about “blue balls.”
- Someone made you feel orgasm
- I did sexting with any stranger(s)
- I got or sent sexually exposed photos
- I had sex chat or video call
- I have cheated on relationship
- I have purchased contraceptives
- I had oral sex
- I have given oral sex
- I ingested someone else’s the genital secretion
- I used a sex toy
- spent night with an MPS
- I had sex while walking
- I Kicked roommate because of having sex
- I am a virgin
- I did sex three times in a single night
- I had sex one or more times
- I tried position sex
- I had sex with a stranger
- I had sex on a moving vehicle
- I had outdoor sex
- I had sex in public
- I did sex in a swimming pool or hot tub
- I had sex on a third person’s bed
- I had sex when parents at home
- I had sex with a non-participating third party in the same room
- I did threesome
- I attended an orgy
- I had sex for multiple times with different people within 24 hrs
- I had sex with numerous partners
- I have taken a photo of own sexual act
- I had period sex
- I had anal sex
- I got a pregnancy scare
- I have Impregnated someone or been impregnated
- I have paid or been paid for a sexual act
- I have committed voyeurism
- I have committed an act of incest
- I have engaged in bestiality
- I had alcohol
- I played a drinking game
- I got drunk
- I have shown fake sobriety before parents and teachers
- I had memory loss due to alcohol
- I had experienced tobacco
- I have used marijuana
- I have taken a drug stronger than marijuana
- I have used methamphetamine, crack, cocaine, PCP, horse tranquilizers or heroin
- I have been sent to the office of a principal, dean or judicial affairs representative for being rebellious
- I had been suspended
- I urinated in front of anyone
- I urinated in public
- I have taken a shower/bath with anyone older than ten years of age
- If gone skinny-dipping
- I had gone streaking
- I have seen a stripper
- The police had called on me
- I have run from the police
- Got questioned by police
- I got handcuffed
- I had been arrested
- I had been convicted of a crime
- I had been convicted of a felony
- I did vandalism
- I got into the mile high club
- I had participated in a “booty call” with a partner
- I have traveled 100 miles just to have sexual intercourse
- I had sex with someone three years older than you
- I did sexual intercourse with a virgin
- I had sex without a condom
- I had an STD test due to reasonable suspicion
- I had an STD
Is There Any History of It?
Yes, there are many.
There are several records of purity test which has been registered. Among those, the Barnard purity test can be registered as the oldest record so far. Now what’s a purity test had been clarified with a survey on Barnard girls to break the conventional conception about them. 77% of the Barnard girls are pure, and they are like other girls in the society. The survey consisted of a list of questions about the personal matters of the girls and scored their innocence accordingly. The questions were about their sex life if they had kissed a man ten times etc. The survey story was published to the Colombia University humor magazine, “The Jester,” in 1935. In knowing what’s a purity test, we must note, there were some questions and answers which have been curtailed due to the privacy issues, and the story was webbed taking comprehensive test reports. To the question of what’s a purity test, we can say, it’s a sociological study.
According to the report of The Indian Express in 1936, Toronto University also held a purity test, were like the same the students were asked about their addictions, morality questions, and more. What’s a purity test, was exhibited to them by asking then 20 extremely personal questions consequently. The survey rectified the morals and ‘purity ratio’ of the students. It was entirely unofficial, and it was done by maintaining secrecy to the results as well as balancing sincerity to the students as well. They got to understand what’s a purity test in general.
The book Work Hard, and You Shall Be Rewarded by Alan Dundes and Carl R. Pager,1975, comprised various examples of purity taste, which clearly defines what’s a purity test. They are also concern about the truthfulness of the given answer. They doubt the honesty. Moreover, it’s true the questions reveal the sexual fantasy life of American males.
There are various historical examples of purity tests, from where we can spot the possible inception of the whole process.
Some years before, the trend of purity test had been sprung up with a boy. It can be considered as a standardized version of ‘never had I ever.’ It consists mostly of sexuality-related questions, as we have discussed before. One can judge their purity scale with the questions that can help themselves without the assistance of any person or technology.
How Is It Impacting Society?
Now one might ask how it is impacting society. Is it good or bad for us, how we will be benefitted to know what’s a purity test? We can’t deny that it is very engaging. We all like to have self-assessment but secretly. Now there are available sites that help to have an online-based purity test. With the result, the sites warn its users and encourage do be better and to have consistency with their goodness.
It never demeans them, which is very important. Engagement is a bliss. We fear to get embarrassed; we fear being judged by others. But if we gain confidence in our goods and bad beforehand, we won’t be hurt by others’ behavior. Moreover, these tests help to find the match. The match can be a romantic partner; the match can be a good friend as well.
What defines us is our character. We all are born with purity. But as we grow, the purity of our soul gets dominated by the character, which is self-crafted with the cooperation of the society. We must examine ourselves each day. Knowing about what’s a purity test will help us to understand our hidden selves so that we can hear the sound of our soul and become the better version of ourselves.