Warriors in olive green uniforms
Our nation is blessed with heroes who are always ready to protect us from every possible threat. The Indian Army has repeatedly proved, and I am proud to say that we are in safe hands.
The valorous soldiers have shown their fearless battle skills in every necessary situation and have been present as a caring helping hand.
These protectors are honored for their indomitable bravery and extreme courage on 15th January every year.
In 1949, Lt. Gen K. M. Cariappa took over as first Commander in Chief of the Indian Army after the last British Commander in Chief.
Here is a list of 5 successful operations undertaken by our audacious force:
- Six terrorists attacked Pathankot IAF airbase on January 2, 2016.
- NSG forces were deployed to control the hostage crisis.
- The army combat specialist fought for straight three days in very complicated situations as the area was very close to family quarters.
- Calibrated use of minimum firepower and excellent tactics were the abilities shown at the battleground.
- After three days of operation, the army successfully terminated all terrorists, thus showing the capabilities and protection power of the Indian army.
- The operation was codenamed Dhangu to pay respect to the village’s name where the airbase is located.
Rescue Operations in Manipur
- Indian army collaborated a massive rescue operation when a 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Manipur on 4th January 2016.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams were deployed in Tamenglong district, the epicenter of the earthquake.
- The army men removed the damaged building debris, and the army men rescued many locals during the operation.
- Army also showed quick response action when the operation started in 3 hours of the calamity occurrence.
Bodo militants Assam: Operation
- After the situation had got out of control in Assam in December 2014, the Indian Army declared operation “All-out” to eliminate Bodo militants.
- 5000 CRPF personnel, 4500 Assam Army personnel, and 2000 Sashastra Seema Bal personnel were deployed in operation.
- After a long one-month battle and a strict curfew, the military finally won the conflict and resumed peace in the region.
Rescue operation Nepal:
- The Indian Army installed this humanitarian relief operation in Nepal after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Lamjung, Nepal.
- Within 15 min of the earthquake, Army personnel reached the affected region.
- The Indian army was the first of the helping hands in the aftermath of the calamity.
- The Indian Army provided quick triggering and instant relief.
Myanmar Surgical Strike
- On June 9, 2015, the Indian Army successfully operated the surgical battle in Myanmar.
- The 25 Commando and 21 Para Special Forces were involved in the only 45-minute battle and swamped off the after-border area.
- The mission operation was a win and the fastest in the Asian invasion history.
- The operation was a part of Operation Hifazat in the Nagaland-Manipur-Arunachal Pradesh border area.
Our Army is first in the category of volunteered forces in the whole world.
Also, despite being the biggest importer of weapons in the Asian Market, our Army has never invaded or attacked a country for taking control.
The Indian Army is the second biggest support and first in instant relief operations in the whole world. The brave men and women in the Indian army stay away from their families, miss every significant happening in their life, to give us all a peaceful sleep at night.
We salute each and every soldier for their sacrifices and altruism for the country.
I can’t describe an Indian soldier better than this:
“If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death.”